Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Jammu & Kashmir saw 12,005 explosions, 1770 killings in the last 23 years

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by Anish, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Militants have triggered over 12,000 explosions and killed 1,770 people while injuring 15,725 persons during 23 years of militancy in Jammu and Kashmir, according to a new report compiled by State Home Ministry.

As many as 12,005 Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs) and grenade blasts were triggered by militants to target security personnel and civilians in Jammu and Kashmir since 1990 in which 1,770 persons were killed and 15,725 persons injured, the recently complied report up to November end said.

There have been 33 grenade attacks and IED explosions this year up to November end as compared to 41 last year, it said, adding that there has been increase in incidents of hurling of grenades in the year 2012 as 28 grenades blasts were triggered by militants this year as compared to 2011’s figure of 25.

As many as three people were killed in grenade attacks and IED explosions this year and 39 injured as compared to 2011’s figures of seven deaths and injuries to 42 people. Militants are using IEDs and grenades to cause casualties to security forces and civilians thereby avoiding direct conflict with security forces, a senior police officer said. He said this is was part of their ‘target-and-hit’ strategy to avoid their own casualties.

Of the 12,005 explosions, 5,725 were caused by IEDs and 6,278 by hurling grenades, the report said. The highest number of 1,522 explosions took place in 1990 in which 12 persons were killed and 185 injured followed by 1,005 explosions in 1993 in which 79 persons were killed and 719 injured, the report said.

The highest number of 153 persons were killed and 1,021 injured in 945 blasts in 1995 followed by killing of 133 persons and injuring 1,443 persons in 775 blasts in 2001, it said.

Jammu & Kashmir saw 12,005 explosions, 1770 killings in the last 23 years | Niti Central

2. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    situation is coming under control... all we need to do is keep building confidence in kashmiries and let them feel belonging to India

3. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I never really understood what did India Gain from taking J&K

But, now that we have sacrificed so much for it
    there is NO-WAY we will let it go

1 person likes this.
  4. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    We need panun kashmir to make kashmir a nationalist and patriotic state

5. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    our own land and people as much patriots see and river starting points and Himalayas as strategic ones see, a place with lots of potential for tourism and earning more foreign reserves as economist see...

which view you like depends totally upon you

Panun??

6. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    A fortified and heavily defended colony for hindus, sikhs and other groups persecuted by the islamic terrorists.
    Similar to israeli colonies in gaza and west bank.

Panun Kashmir | A Homeland for Kashmiri Pandits (Hindus from Kashmir)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  7. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
  8. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    bhai thats the prob.
    Nation hardly gains any thing from it
    Tourism Income isn't much.

As for Strategic location,
    it has limited amount Strategic Significance.

9. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    J & K has most strategic importance bro.... from there we can oversee chinaa, pakistan, Middle asia and can build a lot of labs and telescopes for researh... on river thing... do you remember the pakistani cries on Indus treaty and Indian cries on Brahmputra.... they are vital...

economist don't go with present they go with future and potencial and in future if all is good then J&K have potencial for it.

10. Manmohan Yadav

Country Flag:
    India
    thats what worries me

as long as J&K remains a state will special status
    it will never make an attempt to come in line with the other states
    and unless that happens, it can never contribute to India's Growth.

11. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    so u are fine with kashmir in total violence and daily indian flags being burnt?

and the only natives of kashmir the hindus and sikhs have been thrown out of their homeland it only makes sense that they are returned to their homeland. Will discourage muslims from repeating kashmir in states like Kerala and Assam.

12. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    It can't loose its specials status as it is given to it by constitution committee of J&K and only this can withdraw it... the constitution committee is a past and so the issue of status become controvercial

13. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    I am not fine with this and will not until kashmir is safe but it will not be until people like you see everything with religion

14. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    Its sad to see that you to have joined the jihad appeasers as you cannot see the ground reality that it is about religion

15. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India
    Never I will support a jihadi or a terrorist against my nation.. never I will be a part of those duffers who praise the terrorist for gaining acceptance in other communities.... but I am more a Indian then a Hindu or Brahman and for me anybody who held India as its nation and ready to defend it is my brother.... I personally know a lot of muslims who just want one chance to get with these terrorist who claim to be a flag-bearer of islam and want to settle score with them once and for all for all the things they had done against their India.... bro i saw Muslims who didn't care about their life or family or a lunatic imam all they love is this nation and ready to defend it.

A lot of our enemies and potential enemies use the hate between 2 faction of India to stop us from being a world power... don't play in their hands... I love my gods and respect my religion but my nation comes first and all who are ready to defend it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.