Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Japan to take part in India-U.S. naval exercises again

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by CONNAN, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

This Should not be that Hard for S.K to choose our(Indian, Japanese side) as their Nuke waving Northern Neighbor is a full fledged ally of China.

2. Night_Raven

Night_Raven FULL MEMBER

Post WW-2 , Germany has come out of the doldrums to invest & participate in some of the best military hardware around : the dreaded Leopard tank , Dolphin submarines , Eurocopter Tiger & Eurofighter Typhoon (JVs) , HK SMGs/rifles .

Like Germany , think Japan's time has come to come of its shell and assert itself.

All the best !!

3. d14gtc

d14gtc Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

@ Katsuhiro
    yes this is actually a truth behind the scenes.Todays scenario shows that the time we presented ourself as weak preys the aggressors are not goin to spare you unharmed and unfortuneitly we are sharing land,sea and air with few such neighbours whose past is not really very pleasant being a shareholders for the same.

The only way in todays world to survive is to be the Fittest in every mean.Thats what we (india & Japan) lagged in the past but not for any more.

4. aakash

aakash 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Japan might have an impression of aggressor for the world in WW2 but not for India. Indian people would never forget the unconditional help by Japan to Subashchandra Bose's' ''Indian National Army" to fight against British Imperialism.

5. Tshering22

Tshering22 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

^^ You're right Aakash. The only history we are taught here was that Japanese and Nazis helped Netaji fight for our independence. Most Indians had no idea about the activities of Imperial Japan and Nazis until they saw US/Allied documentaries.

6. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Tshering22 & Aakash, my friends;
    History is history. Let us not forget that even in the greatest burst of emotions. The history of Imperial Japan during the war is not only documented but is (or rather was) part of the memories of people including Indian soldiers of that time. i have grown up listening to the memoirs of at least two of them. Both were POWs in Malaya/Burma. One escaped, the other (barely ) survived till he was rescued/freed. They saw great (almost inhuman) sufferings. Do you know of the "Death Railway"? Have you seen "Bridge on the River Kwai" the movie? Let me assure you that it was all true. And i know that, not from Allied or US documentaries. One of my uncles died young as a 24 year old pilot of the RIAF in Burma. And i have seen his meticulously written diaries.

But that was all connected to an Imperial Japan, a country in a different time. That time is over now. Time has moved on. So must we. i have been to Japan many times including visiting Hiroshima. i had worked (for a short time) with an elderly Japanese gentleman from the Hiroshima region and his wife who on that fateful day was about 20 miles away from ground zero. i have heard about the suffering and devastation from both of them. That is also History. Let us not forget that while keeping it at the back of our minds. Today, if we meet our colleague Katsuhiro-san; we will only be meeting another fellow citizen of Planet (or Spaceship) Earth. The rest of the baggage can be left behind.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.