Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

JLF organisers to not invite Taslima Nasreen from next year

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by AbRaj, Jan 24, 2017.

1. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    JAIPUR, JAN 24, 2017

[​IMG]
    Bangladeshi writer and activist Taslima Nasreen whose impromptu session at the Jaipur Literature Festival yesterday drew a minor protest here, will not be invited to the event from next year, organisers said in a statement today.

"They expressed their anger.... I heard them out. Explained we supported minorities in every way. Underscored that we are a platform for all points of view. Agreed that we should consider their request not to reinvite them," Sanjoy K Roy, Producer of JLF, said.

Protesting organisations including Rajasthan Muslim Forum, All India Milli Council, Jamaat-e-Islami and Muslim Personal Law Board, had said yesterday that the writer, who has been living in exile since 1994 after facing the ire of fundamentalists, was a "disputed" personality.

They demanded that no invitation must be extended to the writer again.
    "Nasreen is a disputed personality. JLF organisers did not name her in the schedule in JLF booklet. Organisers played hide and seek game and police administration too supported her and allowed her in a session. So we had gone to protest.

"We had a meeting with organisers where producer Sanjoy Roy promised that they will not provide platform to Salman Rushdie and Nasreen from next year," Mehrunnisa Khan, state president of Women India Movement, had told PTI yesterday.

Taslima participated in a surprise session titled, 'Exile' at the festival yesterday, the speakers for which were not revealed until the morning of the concluding day, presumably to avoid the sort of protests that rocked the pink city 10 years ago, when the writer was refused shelter in the city after being driven out of Kolkata by the West Bengal government.

Last evening, the festival's co-director William Dalrymple appeared unwilling to disclose much.

"I vaguely knew that she was coming," was the most he would offer when asked by PTI.

During her session, Nasreen batted for a Uniform Civil Code as a tool for "empowerment" and said the Islamic society needed to be more tolerant towards criticism to make progress.

"It is necessary for Islamic society to be tolerant and accept criticism without which they cannot progress. Uniform Civil Code is urgently required for empowering people with human rights," she had said.

Upholding the freedom of writers around the world, she slammed religious fanatics, saying she did not believe in terms like "nationalism" or "religious fundamentalism".

"I don't believe in nationalism, religious fundamentalism. I believe in one world. I believe in rights, freedom, humanism and rationalism. Until Islam accepts criticism, no Islamic country can be considered secular. Whenever I criticise, people want to kill me," she had said.

Nasreen, an award-winning writer, is best known for her powerful writings on women oppression and unflinching criticism of religion- See more at: http://m.deccanherald.com

2. Tejasmk3

Tejasmk3 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Extreme libturds in general basically bend over for the most stubborn blood thirsty groups and then wash their stains while protecting by portraying everyone else as evil.

Will be cool if next year, they say she is not invited and then there is a surprise :D

Why is "Womens India movement" so obsessed with critics of Islam :lol: I guess this is the same bunch as this:

upload_2017-1-25_8-44-45.png

3. soulspeek

soulspeek FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Why just Tasleema Nasreen? We should all avoid JLF then...

Let 10 "intellectuals" have a round table fest in a room.

AbRaj likes this.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This festival is organized by William Dalrymple ,he came to India in 2009 to publish his book White Mughals and set up his shop here peddling Western Indology ,because he was broke and nobody would give him importance in West. In India ,he invited the Lutyen's cocktail gang who are always in awe of a Gora who is writing Indian Mughal history.
    Since, then that Jaipur Literature festival is a circle jerk (I shag you,you shag mine ) among Lutyens gang. They do not allow Any Non-Leftist,Marxist or Non Western Indology writer, they want people only who speak their narrative to speak there, That's a load of bullshit, that they invite different speakers and opinions.
    Jaipur Literature Festival is a sort of fundraiser for William Darlymple and his cronies who want to peddle Western Indology of Sheldon Pollock,Wendy Doninger, Devadutt Patnaik, Romila Thapar, Irfan Habib,Barkha Dutt, Sekhar Gupta.
    Basically the Pseudo-Secular Intellectual gang who are out to whitewash Mughal and British atrocities on Hindus and make it look like these invaders did Bharat a great favor by Civilizing Hindus.

Who cares what these punk do,the narrative has already slipped out of their hands, nobody listens to these pseudo secular nitwits nowadays, people see the truth and the lies they peddled are busted open in Social media with proofs.
    I still wonder who gives permission to hold such Festivals in Jaipur,isn't BJP in power in Rajasthan?

AbRaj likes this.