Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Jobs for India indirectly shifted to Bangladesh, Pakistan?

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by InfoWarrior, Jun 8, 2017.

1. nik141993

nik141993 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Saudis provide not just oil but employment to 3 million Indians & is a crucial source of remittance....Iran, Russia & Venezuela won't provide such opportunities as they have enough labour themselves & small Qatar can only take limited number of workers, Diverting oil supply to Venezuela, Russia & Iran will increase unemployment, increase trade deficit & decrease remittances as well as foreign reserve's
    That's the way forward in the long run

2. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    With a gargantuan population it's important that we let our ppl move out of the country to ease the competition within the country. It's not possible to create job for everyone residing in India.
    From what I know, Indians are always preferred over other south asians when it comes professionals. Can't say about KSA but in UAE I don't see any drastic change as such, except that the Tamilian population in UAE has sky rocketed. Lol

3. Levina

Levina Admin- Social media Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United Arab Emirates
    Everyone knows that the bubble around Qatar won't last for long.
    Kuwait is a way stricter country.
    Oman,UAE and Bahrain are the more neutral countries which India should concentrate on.

Rain Man, InfoWarrior and Blackjay like this.
  4. Pundrick

Pundrick Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We can't ignore KSA, it has a serious problem of human resource and India, Pakistan & Bangladesh provides them with that. It's true that Indian workers in KSA will be reduced coz we have a strong lobby of human rights activist who are working day & night to look after HR violation, whereas there are hardly any such NGO present in Pak & BD.

Pakistan did raised voice against the Kafala system, but as we all know, a puppet can't do anything against its master.

Now can we replace KSA with any other country ? Answer is no, because KSA has the perfect environment to absorb immigrant labours to do the low end jobs, they have a utilitarian society, lazy citizens, Autocratic political system, No human rights(perfect for shariat) etc. If anybody is thinking about Qatar & Bahrain, then their GDP is not capable of absorbing 2-5 lakh Indians, though we can sign some kind of agreement with Qatar to absorb Indian labour in replacement of LNG, but that will need some regressive negotiation.

No African or South American country has the capacity of KSA or environment, and don't even think about Iran, coz they have their own issue of unemployment and economy.

5. WhyCry

WhyCry Reaper Love Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    True but the problem is that are subservient to Saudi Arabia since they are dependent on them both economically and militarily. So for them to do a flip-flop is not a problem. I would hate for india to be a part of a formal "Ummah" alliance. But gulf does look for the south east asian countries as replacing one with other. You get my references. This perception has changed a lot over the last 5 years. Indeed the dependence on them will be problem for "next door donkey".

I am indeed happy with this trend. Don't forget I am a foreign worker myself.

Blackjay likes this.
  6. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Stupid title, jobs aren't shifting from the nation of India to BD and Pak but jobs in KSA are being made available to Pakistanis and Bangledeshis at a greater rate.

InfoWarrior likes this.
  7. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

Many OIC countries are strategic partners of India.

InfoWarrior likes this.