Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Joining the defense forces.

Discussion in 'IDF Library' started by veteran, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. veteran

veteran 2nd Lieutant ELITE MEMBER

There are several ways to join the army,now i am going to post something for all the members as well as visitors,who keep on thinking to join the forces.

Officer cadre
    1.NDA:

As we all know nda stands for "national defense academy"located at khadakwasla very near to pune. Interested candidates can fill the form and then can sit for the exam.the main motto is to select young crop of individuals ,so that they can be transformed from boys to men in uniform.
    A candidate who is appearing for class 12th or 2nd p.u can fill the form.age is a criteria.(for all branches army,air force,navy).

2.COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICES EXAM:

Minimum eligibility to sit for cdse is that a candidate need to be a graduate or he must be in final year of his graduation(age is a general criteria which should be fulfilled).through cdse a candidate can join any wing of defense forces.there is ima ,which stands for "indian military academy".located at dehradun in uttranchal.this academy is only for the army(as the name suggests).to get an entry in the "ima" respective candidates need to pass through a "combined defense services exam".

For joining the air force a candidate must have a perfect vision for flying branches..navy also has the same criteria.

3.UES:"university entry scheme"

only for engineering student.those who are in pre-final or final year of engineering course can sit for the interview.age is a criteria.

4.TGS: "technical graduate scheme"

for engineers.those who have completed their engineering and wanting to join the army.age is criteria.not more than 27 years.

2 people like this.
  2. Naren1987

Naren1987 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

What are the qualities you need in order to get past the SSB?

3. veteran

veteran 2nd Lieutant ELITE MEMBER

My advice to all .when ever you sit for SSB just try to be your self.never try to impress them by doing something extra.before that you need to be mentally and physically sound.you should know about your self.if you are physically fit and you exercise regularly ,you will always have a healthy mind.keep working on your attitude because that is defining factor.

1 person likes this.
  4. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

so is there anyone in the forum now who is serving the armed forces

5. Naren1987

Naren1987 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

^^^ Yes, veteran sir served in the Army.

6. prototype

^^ well thats a big achievement for the forum

7. Desi Jatt

Desi Jatt Captain ELITE MEMBER

great..I did not know that..its great to have him in BMf.

8. PRATEEK

PRATEEK FULL MEMBER

Yes , currently I am serving in AMC as Lieutenant .

9. gowthamraj

gowthamraj Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

that great to hear.

But what is AMC, i did't know that

10. prototype

does amc stands for armed medical corps

11. PRATEEK

PRATEEK FULL MEMBER

12. Arjun MBT

Arjun MBT Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I want to Join the Army , Is there Anyway I can join, I am doing My B.com, And CDSE is an Option Iam Looking Forward to, any other Options Open for me sir sir???

Whats the difference between University entry scheme and CDSE??? Is it that You can write CDSE when You are In The Final Year of the Degree????:confused:

13. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt Major ELITE MEMBER

You apply for University entry scheme before the final year whereas CDSE is after the graduation.

Your option would be CDSE. You can also go for the OTA for the short service commission, and after 5 years you have the option to extend the service to 10 years, retire or opt for permanent commission.

So if IMA option doesn't work OTA is still there.

14. Arjun MBT

Arjun MBT Captain SENIOR MEMBER

hmnn, OTA, Sounds Good, and Whats the Age Limit, It written 23... Is it??? Iam already 20:(

15. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt Major ELITE MEMBER

Yes 24 is the upper limit. But you will have your B.Com completed by 21 years I guess. So you will have enough time, and tries.

For IMA age limit is 24 years, but if you are opting for the SSC, then age limit is 25 years for non technical students like you. For technical students the age limit is 27.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.