Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Julia Roberts converts to Hinduism

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by hotstud69, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hotstud69

hotstud69 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Hollywood superstar Julia Roberts has converted to Hinduism in the hope of having a peaceful life in her next incarnation.

The 42-year-old actress, who was born to a Baptist and Catholic couple, is now a practising Hindu after visiting India while shooting her upcoming movie 'Eat Pray Love'.

Speaking to the September issue of Elle magazine, the Academy award winning actress said she now goes to temples to "chant, pray and celebrate" accompanied by her cameraman husband Daniel Moder and their three children, Hazel, Phinnaeus and Henry.

"I'm definitely a practising Hindu. I've been so spoiled with my friends and family in this life. Next time I want to be just something quiet and supporting," said Roberts.

The 'Pretty Woman' star was introduced to the Eastern philosophy while shooting for 'Eat Pray Love', the movie, based on the best-selling book by Elizabeth Gilbert, Roberts plays a recently-divorced woman travelling the world trying to find herself.

The character visits Italy for food, India for spirituality and Bali, where she finds love.

Read more: Julia Roberts converts to Hinduism - News & Interviews - Hollywood - Entertainment - The Times of India Julia Roberts converts to Hinduism - News & Interviews - Hollywood - Entertainment - The Times of India

2. Naren1987

Naren1987 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

No offense,mate, but what relevance does this have to a military forum?

3. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Ha ha buddy, you will have to copy/paste your question to almost all the threads in this section. Most of them are hardly related to military.:(:(

4. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

i dont think their is any problem in posting this news here since it is posted in member's hub

If still any one believe most of the news have no relevance with this forum,then just look at the different section's in it,all threads r in accordance with the forum

5. Arjun MBT

Arjun MBT Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Why cant they Just Stick to there parental Religion???

1 person likes this.
  6. hotstud69

hotstud69 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

noting but it is a postes members hub
    dont worry ...... :p

7. Desi Jatt

Desi Jatt Captain ELITE MEMBER

i am just against this whole idea of the converting to a different religion..wether to hindusim or any other religion.

1 person likes this.
  8. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt Major ELITE MEMBER

^^^^ same here.

A person must respect the religion he/she follows and try to find peace with it. No religion is bad. Every religion preaches the same thing in some way. It is up to us that we learn what our religion has to offer.

Changing a religion is disrespect to the original religion and if a person is not content with the original religion, there is very little chance he/she would find the new religion any better.

1 person likes this.
  9. MasulaSGD

MasulaSGD FULL MEMBER

I wasn't aware that someone can convert to Hinduism!!!!:eek:

No it is not possible, because it’s not a religion; it’s a way of life and social structure that has been formed over several thousand years.

More importantly, it passes to you by birth; additionally you’re a member of a caste. Whether you’re going to practice it or not is up to you. Any outsider can’t be a Hindu by his/her conscious passion; just they might be adapting few Hindu ways like worshipping…

Someone please tell me Julia Roberts has converted to which caste? Jatt or Gujar???:pop2: Welcome to Hinduism:D

10. prototype

This people have an explanation,that they want to find peace,and make Christianity look's a bad religion,if some on always live his/her life always in the fast lane hardly can u find peace no matter to what religion u belong

11. AVADI

AVADI Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Religion -:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Atheism - FTW:peace::peace::peace:

:cool:

1 person likes this.
  12. prototype

r u a atheist

13. AVADI

AVADI Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Duh!:D

:cool:

14. Desi Jatt

Desi Jatt Captain ELITE MEMBER

exavtly..its the inner peace..if you want peace in your life or wanna practice the ways of another religuon which you think are good, then you can do so while being in your own religion.

15. Akaal

Akaal 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I'm in doubt whether people like Julia Roberts who convert from one religion to other or the people who use this example to show that their religion is in danger are responsible for all that hatred created in name of religion.

I also feel that a person should stick to his parental religion as all religion teaches the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.