Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Just Read It............

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by SajeevJino, May 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Major SENIOR MEMBER

A HUGE DIFFERENCE TO THE INDIAN ECONOMY BY FOLLOWING FEW SIMPLE RULES SET FOR YOURSELF

Please spare a couple of minutes here for the sake of India... ?Here's a small example:- Before 12 months 1 US $ = IND Rs 39 After 12 months, now 1 $ = IND Rs 53.619 Do you think US Economy is booming? No, but Indian Economy is Going Down. Our economy is in your hands... ?

A cold drink that costs only 70 / 80 paisa toproduce, is sold for Rs.9 and a major chunk of profits from these are sent abroad. This is a serious drain on INDIAN economy. ?What you can do about it?

1. Buy only products manufactured by WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.
    2. ENROLL as many people as possible for this cause.....

Each individual should become a leader for this awareness. This is the only way to save our country from severe economic crisis. You don't need to give-upyour lifestyle. You just need to choose an alternate product.

All categories of products are available from ?WHOLLY INDIAN COMPANIES.

LIST OF PRODUCTS COLD DRINKS:- DRINK LEMON JUICE, FRESH FRUITJUICES, CHILLED LASSI (SWEET OR SOUR), BUTTER MILK, COCONUT WATER, JAL JEERA, ENERJEE,and MASALA MILK...

INSTEAD OF COCA COLA, PEPSI, LIMCA, MIRINDA,

SPRITE BATHING SOAP:-
    USE CINTHOL & OTHER GODREJ BRANDS, SANTOOR, WIPRO SHIKAKAI, MYSORE SANDAL, MARGO, NEEM, EVITA, MEDIMIX, GANGA , NIRMA BATH & CHANDRIKA I

NSTEAD OF

LUX, LIFEBUOY, REXONA, LIRIL, DOVE, PEARS, HAMAM, LESANCY, CAMAY, PALMOLIVE TOOTH

PASTE:-

USE NEEM, BABOOL, PROMISE, VICO VAJRADANTI, PRUDENT, DABUR PRODUCTS, MISWAK

INSTEAD OF

COLGATE, CLOSE UP, PEPSODENT, CIBACA, FORHANS, MENTADENT. TOOTH BRUSH: - USE PRUDENT, AJANTA , PROMISE INSTEAD OF COLGATE, CLOSE UP, PEPSODENT, FORHANS, ORAL-B

SHAVING CREAM:

- USE GODREJ, EMAMI INSTEAD OF PALMOLIVE, OLD SPICE,
    GILLETE BLADE:-

USE SUPERMAX, TOPAZ, LAZER, ASHOKA INSTEAD OF SEVEN-O -CLOCK, 365, GILLETTE TALCUM POWDER:-

USE SANTOOR, GOKUL, CINTHOL, WIPRO BABY POWDER, BOROPLUS INSTEAD OF PONDS, OLD SPICE, JOHNSON'S BABY POWDER, SHOWER TO SHOWER MILK POWDER:-

USE INDIANA, AMUL, AMULYA INSTEAD OF ANIKSPRAY, MILKANA, EVERYDAY MILK, MILKMAID. SHAMPOO:-

USE NIRMA, VELVETTE INSTEAD OF HALO, ALL CLEAR, NYLE, SUNSILK, HEAD AND SHOULDERS, PANTENE

MOBILE CONNECTIONS:- USE BSNL, AIRTEL

INSTEAD OF HUTCH

Food Items:- Eat Tandoori chicken, Vada Pav, Idli, Dosa, Puri, Uppuma

INSTEAD OF KFC, MACDONALD'S, PIZZA HUT,

A&W Every INDIAN product you buy makes a bigdifference. It saves INDIA. Let us take a firm decision today. BUY INDIAN TO BE INDIAN...

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I wish Indian companies manufactured ipad (just bought one)and other high end electronics.

1 person likes this.
  3. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    there are two sides to arguements. in some cases our products are simply not good enough to compete with western products.

globalisation and free economy is here to stay. this movement wont find any takers. our entrepeneurs have to compete and deliver better services.

one should not ask consumers to show patriotism and buy inferior stuff.

4. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Buy Notion Ink Adam, it's Indian.

[​IMG]

Ipad is a serious waste of money.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  5. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Major SENIOR MEMBER

If a True Patriots Like some old Leaders of India and some true Military soldiers and the True Patrision of India ...He must follow the above one.....
    every time it will be difficult to does...But only true patrision does it......

I am ready to follow the above words......Not looking to others in this Matter

6. uptotrix

Adam is a good tablet, but I won't be buying it- the company never wanted to sell it in India.

7. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

It is not as simple as the opening post suggests. The countries economy cannot sustain on its own only by internal consumption. If we move into any protectionist mode by promoting only indegenous products (as a policy or as a social movement), the FDI will drop even more then what it is now. We have all seen how the economy can slow down without influx of substantial FDIs in the past year and this year too.

The only way is improve our own manufacturing sector & taking on the foreign products on their head. If we can do that, not only the internal consumption will grow, but we'll be able to sell it outside too.

Improvement & innovation is the keywords. Not blatant protectionism or blind patriotism.

3 people like this.
  8. Skull and Bones

Country Flag:
    India
    Because they didn't had that kind of infrastructure to support after sales service, it'd have been quite wise of them to tie up with other national brands like Micromax, etc for that job.

9. uptotrix

Still if I manufacture something here I won't be looking to sell it in United States, if this is how they treat Indians then they better move their branch to US.

ipad has its limited use, but i've seen how it helps schools and universities- they sort of replace all the textbooks with interactivity with the ipad. With a simple stylus you can take notes on it or paint..its not great but not worthless.

10. Skull and Bones

Country Flag:
    India
    Tablet market for >Rs 20k priced tablet is very limited in India, and they did the right thing by targeting US market as the consumer there are much mature, probably they're thinking about marketing Adam in India after initial response from western market.

And i'm not mocking Ipad, it's probably one of the best tablet i've seen after Samsung 10.1. But they price for it is not justified. I can pay 18K for Ipad 2 at most.

11. DragonKnight

DragonKnight Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I must say i'm in complete agreement with Sanjeev ( although i would still prefer Closeup as my toothpaste :tongue:)

12. uptotrix

Samsung galaxy 2 is slower than the original galaxy with 3 mp camera...don't know why they downgraded everything. Anyways..

So many people buy tablets over 30K here, in Bangalore I couldn't even get a chance to book my ipad on the launch day- after waiting for 2 hours in the queue. I had to wait for the new shipmen to arrive. So it's not that there is no market here, the govt of india is looking to sell that crappy akash tablet, in mumbai some schools have made ipads mandatory. In business schools you should now have a tablet or a notebook. So the market is big and evolving.

13. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    well some of these companies employ lakhs of indian workers. what happens wen their sales drops?

this idea wold have appealed in 1947 not in 2012.

14. The enlightened

The enlightened Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

The change needs to occur on the macro-economic level. Simply buying domestic products wouldn't put the national economy back on line, or the rupee for that matter. People will continue to buy these items according to their preference and tastes and not many would simply give up McDonalds or KFC. These things are fashionable in India. They almost show the superior class for some people especially youngsters and most of us even here, whether we accept it or not are very much image conscious and how we are perceived by our friends, neighbours or other family members still plays quite a part in deciding what we buy.

The bottom line is that structural reforms or rather systematic reforms are needed at the central-government level. Manufacturing industries need some something like the IT revolution of the nineties. More awareness must be created among the people especially the poor and uneducated people because they are still voting in parties like TMC, AIADMK. Buying domestic products just won't do. We urgently need FDI and FII for the economy which will also create more demand for our very own Rupee which you are so naively trying to protect. Creating a hostile environment for foreign companies would do several times the harm than good. They bring in a lot of technology, knowledge, experience, increase the government revenue and jobs. If people blindly started buying domestic products, then how will our companies grow [not by size and revenue, but technology, R&D and stuff] . How will they compete at the international level.
    I bet you have been to one of Baba Ramdev's Shivir recently. That dumbf*ck doesn't know jack about economics and is misleading the uneducated poor that come to his shivirs. If you want to make a difference, than you should probably tell those people that you see there about it or better yet, learn something about Macro-economics yourself.

15. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    WE need competitive edge. Other than that protectionism won’t help. And for those vouching for FDI, please look into FDI’s which has proper guidelines for indigenous manufacturing rather than assembling just because cost is cheaper.

And we need government support for R&D. Give incentives and subsidize the R&D. No need to subsidize the manufacturing. It is basically depends on demand.

Our politicians rather than poking at each other they need to get in their mind, that it is their decision with which India loses or gains. As matter of fact all the current political factions are same in India.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.