Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Kalvari Class Submarines - Updates & Discussions

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by flanker143, Mar 15, 2011.

1. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

He's made it sound very dramatic when it's not.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  2. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Angel or Devil? Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
  3. positron

positron Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    And they managed to convince an ex-French navy officer who was also working with DCNS as their subcontractor to steal all their data? What about DCNS security itself? Any subcontractor if they can have accesss to all the data,... ridiculous.. there is more than meets the eye..
    DATA stolen in 2011.. surfaces half decade later... still there is a lot to be known
    One thing is sure.. DCNS.. not so secure
    Indian submarine spearhead.... for the lack of right phrase.. dead in water.

I just dont understand how a subcontractor can get his hands on all classified data just by going into DCNS ? Looks somewhat like Indian govt office.. wow, the french are not so different after all

4. positron

Country Flag:
    India
    Do you have a link to it, or is it your speculation? When you say "they did the same .. " it means you have a credible link,, do you? Or new confidence in putting your BS...

5. positron

Country Flag:
    India
    LOL and other is IDF maker hahahaha

6. PARIKRAMA

Country Flag:
    India
    @vstol jockey @randomradio @Gessler
    You noticed that in last 24 hours much of the noise mellowed down..
    Like our media suddenly is trying to keep a distance from it..
    On top even if folks are trying to rake it up, the support seems to be weakening.

oh btw @vstol jockey - Do check out Chilean Navy Scorpenes.. You might be happy knowing the source of plain vanilla specs in those manuals.

As i said in earlier post where i linked to PDF and showed that Indian Submarine hull was under preparation in 2011 and that was the time all components order were placed which started fitting in 2012 onwards, it was practically impossible to have a manual for the first submarine when we dont even know which system and version would finally go into the Kalavari.

It will finally boil down to Chilean Navy Scorpene Manuals base version for Indian Navy to build on and make their own for operational purposes.

Then will come to the million dollar question part- Will Chilean navy share the specs with India out in a manual unless its a general purpose manual and does not in any manner compromise the Chilean Scorpenes? My logic says they will never compromise just like any other Navy in the world.

Rest is now all the attempt for 5 secs of fame under the camera flashes and media attention..

Yes a more through probe must be done to take on DCNS and see what and how we can get some more benefits out o the situation and also seek reassurances that such security breaches are avoided in future..

7. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    @PARIKARMA the docs leaked have info which was a presentation made to IN and not the actual data with sensors fit as per Indian Navy specs. Let me see any bastard being able to find this sub in any waters when it is in the hands of Indian sub commanders and with Indian specified changes. The world is totally clueless about what we learnt when we were completely isolated from the world. The recent joint exercises have only proven that we are far ahead in tactics compared to the best in the world in sub warfare. USN brought one of their finest and quietest subs for exercise with IN and they were knocked out in no time. Its not the machine but the men who matter.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  8. PARIKRAMA

Country Flag:
    India
    Rightly said.. The Malabar Exercise where a Kilo was not trackable by USN SSN City of Corpus Christi was a real good show...
    Arguably they have one of the best machines in the world and yet they could no do much. That was a real show of how IN has made strategies to use the IOR waters to the best of their advantages and abilities.

BTW what about the CCS pointers.. Seems french Amb and DM MP had a discussion and all points including this and DCNS FDI+F21+Rafales were discussed. Looks like a probable date was also discussed for a delegation to come and also for signing a agreement.

Makes me feel Rafale announcement is formally marked in the calendar..

BON PLAN and vstol jockey like this.
  9. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Anybody who has seen the documents will know it doesn't compromise security.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  10. PARIKRAMA

Country Flag:
    India
    So finally some talks from Cameron on HT

Leaked Scorpene material just the tip of the iceberg, claims journalist

• Rahul Singh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
      Updated: Aug 28, 2016 10:12 IST

The Australian journalist, who broke the Scorpene submarine leak story, said on Saturday the leaked material posted online by his newspaper was “just the tip of the iceberg,” cautioning India that the data’s interception by foreign intelligence agencies in its original form could be damaging.

Defence minister Manohar Parrikar said on Friday the revelations were not a “big worry”but India was prepared for the worst.

“The minister’s comments seem to be aimed at calming down concerns in India about sensitive material being available in its uncontrolled form,” journalist Cameron Stewart, 53, told HT from Melbourne.

Six Scorpene submarines are being built in India in collaboration with French shipbuilder DCNS under a Rs 23,562-crore project.

His newspaper, The Australian, redacted sensitive details before uploading around 30 documents on the web — the leaks that detail the contracted parameters and combat capabilities of the Scorpene run into 22,400 pages.

The newspaper is unlikely to publish more material from the leaked files.

He said, “We don’t intend to publish many more documents on the web. The intention was to reveal the story of this serious breach, not to release documents. The few documents we published on the web were to back the story.”

The newspaper reported on Friday that the whistleblower behind the leak plans to hand over the disk to the Australian government on Monday.

As the navy scrambles to assess the potential impact of the leak without access to the massive tranche of documents, defence ministry sources said on Saturday India would activate diplomatic channels to obtain the disk.

Stewart has not read the entire set of 22,400 leaked pages but he has pored over “an awful lot of those documents”.

“No international navy would want such sensitive details to be out in the public domain. I have gone through all the major directories in the documents with the help of an expert,” he said.

India has written to French authorities to probe the leak with urgency and share the findings.

South Block sources said the French company has not made direct contact with the government after the leak.

Have Indian agencies contacted him?

“No one has but even if they did, I will not be in a position to give them any data. The data is not mine, I don’t have a copy of it…I have only accessed it,” he added.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...istleblower/story-eFeTGcf9gbrMoE7GE6AgGK.html

@vstol jockey @randomradio @Gessler @Picdelamirand-oil @Tejpal @BON PLAN

Do you see a changed tone?
    Is he backtracking now bcz his motivation and intentions are questioned?

Also its clear he has not gone through the documents and the line
    "I have gone through all the major directories in the documents with the help of an expert,”
    is also a more of cursory take on looking at few docpages as he himself admitted here
    The data is not mine, I don’t have a copy of it…I have only accessed it,”

Well now lets see what so called rest data reveals.. but this kind of proofs that it was more sensationalism then really substance,, Let the probe complete on rest of 22k dox as well.. It would be much better to see then and match the conclusions.. of data being not so important

11. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    This man was probably looking for some money to not print this data. However he he got a shock when no one took his bait. He is now looking for some glory under the sun and even that may be denied to him.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  12. positron

Country Flag:
    India
    A picture is worth thousand words, Whatever his motivations or interest its now in public domain.
    Parrikar was smart enough not to jump gun and to accuse anyone, in situation such as these, its best to keep quiet and see how much is compromised and then work on it, and thats what Parrikar is doing.

Based on the few documents released, that was not worth a month of talk shows, just a few days at most. those have already set things in motion in France, India and few other countries.

the French are embarrassed a lot hahaha .. would Parrikar announce deal when secrets from France get leaked? Would it really help BJP in the next elections.. would be a nice talking point.

13. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    wow, If Italian waitress cud be elected again in 2009, pls be very clear that we Indians are idiots of this world. Have you heard of the way the most secretive offices of India were compromised during UPA? No doors, no security, people entering offices at night and photocopying docs within the office using office printers. Did you not read about that? Stop being a fool and taste the coffee. You will know where you stand.

14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    @positron, to me sound to be an AAPian, the worst form of human existence anywhere in the world. The kind of people who must be shot at sight. You guys are devoid of thinking and analysis with spines sold out to Ford Foundation and Clinton Foundation supported by money from Jihadis of Saudi Arabia and muslim world. If I have my way, I will line up every AAPian against a wall and machine gun them with atleast 100 bullets in each body as pity on them instead of blasting them by a cannon.

15. BON PLAN

BON PLAN Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    What does it mean? :hmm: