Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Kerala Daleet priests: ‘Any Hindu can be a Brahmin’

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by InfoWarrior, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Janeu is a Sacred thread worn by initiates at Upanayana, Those who are initiated follow its rituals,rules. This has nothing to do with casteism.
    Upanayana (IAST: Upanayanam) is one of the traditional saṃskāras (rites of passage) that marked the acceptance of a student by a guru (teacher) and an individual's entrance to a school in Hinduism. The tradition is widely discussed in ancient Sanskrit texts of India and varies regionally.[2] The sacred thread(yajnopavita) is received by the boy during this ceremony, that he continues wearing across his chest thereafter.

The upanayana was restricted in many medieval Indian texts to the upper three of the four varnas (castes) of society — brahmins, kshatriyas and vaishyas. However, Vedic period texts such as the Baudhāyana Grihyasutra encouraged all members of society to undergo the upanayana,even (kshatriyas kings) shudras.[3][4][5] Women were encouraged to undergo upanayana in ancient India before they started Vedic studies or before their wedding.[6]
    The DMK idiots thought they were insulting Brahmins? It is a Sacred thread ceremony for initiates when they start learning vedas or taught in a gurukul.

vstol jockey likes this.
  2. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    LOL Are you saying Hindus would riot against Brahmins?When Brahmins are a part of Hinduism.
    Let me assure you Dravidian movement is dead its founders are dead,Karunanidhi has one foot in grave.The only proponents of Dravidianism is Crypto Xtians and Communists,atheists.No one is interested in in it.

Don't tell me about Periyar,he was a Telugu guy from my caste. I know everything about him.Don't play that Periyar or DMK card in front of me.:mrgreen:

What about Paritala Ravi? You do know i am a native Telugu speaker right?
    No matter how higher Muslim population is, it won't matter before 80% Hindu vote block.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    You just proved it is part of casteism. Quoting sacred texts don't change that. And by calling DMK idiots you have shown your inclinations. Dravida parties have done a tremendous job of removing casteism from daily life which even the communists failed.

4. Pundrick

Pundrick Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Thats ridiculous behaviour now, they are misusing the freedom to extreme level.

The Janeu is for people, even many non-brahmins wears it in UP & Bihar and higher caste has no problem with it, but this incident prove that there are some extremist leftist who are misusing their freedom to hurt the sentiment of Hindus.

Plus there are many Hindus of higher caste who don't give a rats @ss to what Manu script says, the manu script is rather used by some leftist or other religious bodies to radicalize the backward class youth. Manu script is irrelevant in today's world it was even openly burnt by people to show their protest.

5. Pundrick

Pundrick Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    So if somebody puts that cap/topi on pigs head, what will you call that ?? Sectarian or religious ??

Freedom should enjoyed within limits, this particular incidents shows that there are elements from outside who are trying to insult Hinduism by exploiting the leniency given by Hindu organization.

Hinduism is evolving with time and all this casteism stigma will end if not in next decade then may be in next 2-3 decades.

6. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Nope, I meant there is no chance of riot on this kind of provocation. One side is too weak and few. Even Hindu muslim riots occur when muslim population is significant.

7. InfoWarrior

Country Flag:
    India
    Meenakshipuram conversion ( Voluntary Mass conversion of Daleets to Islam)
    http://www.frontline.in/the-nation/the-shocker/article6715602.ece

'By burning Manusmriti, we are burning discrimination': ABVP leader explains scripture-burning rationale
    http://www.firstpost.com/india/by-b...ains-scripture-burning-rationale-2664906.html

8. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    Eh? your ***** meant something else.
    Which side is weak?
    As i explained earlier,when you perform last rites to your ancestors, You wear a JANEU, or do a makeshhift Janeu from your clothes to perform the rituals.
    My grandparents lived and fought through Razakars of Nizam,The same Razakar Qasim Rizvi's party is MIM and Owaisis are going to be Secular? I gave you the example of Jogendranath Mandals letter, Remember it and learn from it. Don't get swayed by propaganda of Marxists.

9. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The question here is why do you want to remove Brahmins and give it to dalits. make new temples and let Dalits be priests. there. Let us see whether people goes there or not. WHy do you want to take away everything from Brahmins? Make dalit temples and let them be priest.

10. HariPrasad

Country Flag:
    India
    Ok if you want to make dalit a priest. Make new dalit temples. Do not snatch the right of Brahmans to worship there. It is the our centers of faith. You can not play with that. Let us make dalit temple and Muslim temples and whatever temple you want to make. And let people decide where they want to go. They have attacked the right to education of Brahmans. Now they want to take away their right to worship.

11. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, I believe in what is written in vedas and what has been further re-inforced by the last Avatar of Lord Vishnu. We all were born a Dalit and by our karma we found our place within the system. I was born in a brahmin family which is called Brahm-Kshatriya and took up armed forces as my profession. After that I joined civil street and have been teaching people flying which I did in IN also. Please show me one place where we can refuse a dalit entry into a temple and where a child born in Dalit family is denied knowledge of vedas.

Pundrick likes this.
  12. HariPrasad

Country Flag:
    India
    I am not saying that dalits must be stopped from entering temples. Why do you want to snatch the rights of Brahmins? First you took away our right o educate our boys. Now want to snatch our right to do pooja. Make dalit temple and make dalits priest. These temple were not made by dalits. They were either made by Brahmins or kshtriyas and appointed brahmins as priests. Government has no right to interfere in it. Government can make government temple and appoint dalit as their priest. We do not have any objection.

13. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    This is one point which is very surprising about India. Govts have right to take over temples but will not touch church and Mosque.

14. HariPrasad

Country Flag:
    India
    One guy is fighting for it and he is Dr swamy. Modi must change this. Temples are hindus property and no government has any right to touch it.

Wolfpack and vstol jockey like this.
  15. InfoWarrior

Country Flag:
    India
    Why a Dravidian fringe group burnt effigies of Ram and Sita in Chennai this year
    Ram Leelas are anti-Dravidian, says the organisation. It aims to popularise Raavan Leela instead.

[​IMG]
    Thanthai Periyar Dravidar Kazhagam

https://scroll.in/article/818922/wh...effigies-of-ram-and-sita-in-chennai-this-year