Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Kerala Daleet priests: ‘Any Hindu can be a Brahmin’

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by InfoWarrior, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    That is just naive way to look at things. Caste is a social reality you can't ignore them. Every party will do things to get in power. BJP had made Muslim/christian alliance when it suits them. Which is exactly what BJP trying to do now in Kerala. Will you call them a secular party ? No.

Underlying principles of a party matters. Dravida parties are not caste based and CPM is not religion based. North indians fails to understand the history of the region and looks everything in a black and white manner. Kerala hindus choose communism and they are satisfied with it.

2. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ofcourse I agree. However these temples are not made from Government money. Who so ever build it (Including King and people) Has given the right of doing pooja to Brahmans. You can not undo that because it is not your property. If something is funded by any person or group, they have the right to decide who will do pooja there. If you want any other priest, make your own temple and appoint the priest who soever you want. You can not remove a brahmin priest from a temple made by some ex king or group of person who made it out of their money and appointed Brahmin to do pooja simply because these properties are not yours.

3. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ya but let us hope that they will not kidnap someone's wife as Ravana did as ravana is their ideal.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  4. Mercury

Mercury 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That is exactly my point too. I say this to support my statement that, if a political party genuinely fights to eliminate caste-ism they wont encourage such strategies. So, dravida parties didn't do a tremendous job.

I presume you agree with my point on caste based candidate selection upon reading "Caste is a social reality you can't ignore them. Every party will do things to get in power" from your post. Since dravida parties also do this, they need existence of caste in the system. Also both DMK and ADMK form coalition with caste based parties like PMK, VC, etc during election. If a party does tremendous job in removing caste-ism should not involve in coalition with hardcore caste based parties is my view.

In Tamil Nadu, CPM have very little presence. They are saying they are not religion based there.

In Kerala, CPM presence is much significant than when compared with Tamil Nadu. In Kerala too they say they are not religion based. But in reality they are biased when its for Hinduism. I emphasis that, I support the d a l i t priest appointment. But CPM is biased. If they can release ordinance to control devasom board and use temple money for government expense, why not do that same for other religions? Again, I am okay to take money from temple, But if the CPM is not religion based then it should do another ordinance to take money from churchs and mosques in Kerala. If church council and mosque wakf board are individual entities and not bound with Kerala state government like devasom board, then spin off devasom board as individual entity. I mentioning this to make a reference.

I have no idea about CPM in remaining states including Bengal.

I agree, based on my interaction with my co-workers in Nashik, Maharastra and New Delhi I have the same opinion.

I am not sure whether Hindus choose communism as its a trend in Kerala that UDF and LDF rules alternatively every five years in most cases. I think most votes came for VS in 2016 ;).

Edit: Fixed quote tag errors

5. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    are they not doing already by being in cohorts with those who kidnap and convert for love jihaad

HariPrasad likes this.
  6. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    There is difference between a good man like Sachin becoming God and a murderer like Godse . Godse's only achievement in life is he killed Gandhi

7. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes it is a big achievement. All the achievement of these so called human gods is killing daemon. For some Gandhi was a daemon.
    For a Kashmiri Muslim, A man fighting jihad in J&K is a freedom fighter but for others he is a terrorist.

8. Agent_47

Country Flag:
    India
    You are ignoring my BJP comparison. A party like BJP should never choose Muslim/Christian party help to get in power. When i said Dravida parties did a tremendous job it was in comparison to others. Which is why i choose communism in kerala.

In recent history there are signs of caste politics in TN. That is because of the threat from BJP. The same reason Congress sometimes take pro-hinduthva views for tactical victory. BJP and other north indian parties breeds on caste politics.

Why are you bringing in CPM to TN ? Din't get you.

Is this devasom board a kerala only phenomenon ? No. So no point picking on CPM. Honestly im ok with temples having a government oversight and accountability. Other communities lost a chance to restrict aristocracy. Any religion shouldn't have free

CPM is biased just like BJP when it comes to cow research or congress for minority rights.

This is what i mentioned 'history'. First democratically elected Communist governments of EMS was in 1957. Which Nehru dismissed in 59 when they introduced radical reforms. Comminism was a conscience choice by the state. Which in retrospect brought in good result compared to WB.

Dravida parties have even deeper roots. Justice Party of 1916 started the whole idea. Periyar Ramasamy and his anti-caste and anti-hindi movements are the basis of those parties.

9. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Actually Ravana asks for Atma Linga of Lord Shiva, Shiva who is Bhola Shankar grants him the wish, but with a word of caution, never ever put Atma Linga on ground.
    All of Kailash is worried, Ganesha and Nandi were worried. Ganesha adorns the visage of a
    Ravana did all his SandhyaVandana and Surya Namaskarams, So he had to do it, Ganesha in human form, was given Atma Linga,so that Ravana could do his Sandhya Vandana. Ganesha kept the Atma Linga on ground and it was growing ever since.
    Lord Narada pleads him as Grandson, don't do this but Ravana in his ego tries to lift Atma Linga.
    This old movie of Telugu Cinema tells you the story of Bhoo Kailash, The Actor playing the role of Ravana was none other than NTR, Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao , Telugu Desam Party founder and CM of AP for a long time. He also played Karna and Lord Krishna roles in Mahabharata Movies made in Telugu. There was no such movies made in Bollywood weren't they? All were mughal love stories.

No wonder it is called Ravana Bhakti, it is extreme.
    Here is how Ganesha intervened

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017