Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Kerala’s Model of Growth is far different from what it is advertised to be

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by omya, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Pak
    If they can spread BS about 'Gujarat Model' and fool an entire country why won't hesitate to try this and more in other states.

2. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Teacher-student ratio reduced to 1:40 - KERALA - The Hindu

Good to know that this is not a pan India phenomenon...oh wait !!!

Sure, it is apparent when you look at Kerala's sex ratio & maternal mortality rate (lowest in the country)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  3. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

A big lol. Tamil Nadu is the top state for foreign tourists and have 30-40 % of domestic tourists for more than 8 years in a row. I dont care if a UP minister goes to Maha, as if I care. Kerala is an southern state and lack of industries is appaling. It took its IT steps only by 2009. You should tell that to Kerala youth's to finish an degree and get into guide jobs....? Will you? When you have colleges in state, then you should have local industries to employ them in their state.
    I want Kerala to develop in industry wise like its neighbours. It has to take some risks. But leftist government has been the biggest obstacle to businesses in Kerala.

Biggest comedy is I dont even know why you are talking to me about Surat or UP. Kerala industries sucks. Leftist model destroy almost everything. Kerala is its last bastion. I hope it will be destroyed. Atleast Surat is talked about world diamond industry. If not for Central government ISRO centres, Shipyards in Kerala, it would have nothing to boast of. And to this day their youths after completing jobs go to other states, countries for jobs. Kerala model of growth is not sustainable.

4. Guynextdoor

BS. Are you on pot? TN is nowhere near Kerala is tourism- domestic or foreign. The only thing that's happening is that because of International AIrport many land in Chennai and then board flights to Kerala. Now even that will stop because of the new international terminus coming up in Cochin. Kerala has decided it wants tourism and not polluting industries. You don't understand it because you aren't smart eough.

5. Rajaraja Chola

Should look at the net atleast before typing BS.

https://traveljee.com/india/top-10-most-visited-states-india/

http://www.nriol.com/india-statistics/indian-tourism-statistics.asp

https://www.mapsofindia.com/top-ten/india-tourism/international-traveler.html

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...3rd-consecutive-year/articleshow/57434566.cms

http://www.firstpost.com/world/tami...tination-in-india-for-foreigners-2908130.html

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...sthan-slips-three-places-in-tourism-rankings/

Kerala has beautiful places. Infact its the point for college tour in almost TN colleges. But facts say otherwise. Moreover International tourists are not counted based on embarkment point. If that's the case First would be Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore and then Chennai. Its the place where they declare they are going to visit during immigration. WHen I was coming to India there was a full flight of white people travelling to Madurai from Mumbai via Chennai. I know what I am talking about. And I furnish with facts.

6. Guynextdoor

I don't need to because I know all of these things before you did. I also know that the lovely Koovum river does not make for great tourist attraction, and the rubbish filled streets of Chennai don't act welcome to anyone. Try comparing that with Cochin- the welcome city for any tourist landing in Kerala. Which is what Kerala has avoided. TN gets tertiary attendance from people coming to Kerala.

Kerala doesn't have 'Industry'? It has a 5 billion industry growing by 15% every year- meaning another USD 750 million will be added this year- more money than any petrochemical plant can add in a year- these are 'pure profits' all in foreign exchange. You're immaturity in understanding economy is extreme. Tourism provides more money, more employment and foreign exchange than any other 'industry' can provide. The Per capita of countries like thailand is trough the roof.By not polluting their cities and leaving it they have created the perfect environment for capturing high value tourism spending. 'They have many beautiful places'- THAT IS WHAT TOURISM IS ABOUT. Their initaitve to build a brand new airport terminal of international standards and run water planes in Cochin are steps in the right direction.

7. Guynextdoor

Lol!!! 'It' wants to say that Kerala is not building itself into a tourist destination. What a joke- tourism gives more money than any other Industry. Neither Kashmir/Himachal/ or Sikkim are major tourist destinations on the world map. No one comes to India to see mahabalipuram, but 'backwaters of Kerala'- yes. And if you are here for Kerala then because you land in Chennai you visit the mahabs. No one says 'O let me visit mahabalipuram (while admiring lovely coovum and beautiful marina beach on the way) and while near mahabs visit the backwaters of Kerala.'there is reason why mallus are working in gulf', yeah there's a reason why UP/Bihar/Bengal guys go to Maharashtra and yes...Kerala.

8. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Kerala is prosperous because at an average one person per family is working in Middle east.
    Further just to add a point, among the people of Indian origin in middle eastern jails, most are from Kerala,, how interesting

9. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Due to wonderfully high literacy rate, Mallus have got a better salaries, be it white collared or blu collared jobs
    If you actually now note that one of the big industry in Kerala which is Sea foods industry, there are lot of non mallus for doing the job..

Guynextdoor likes this.
  10. Guynextdoor

further point that no one in middle east allows bhayya from UP/ Bihar to come there to start with. 'On average ME prefers well fed and literate mallus to come in and work there, on an average income through torism now is almost replacing gelf remittances too. Interstingly poor bhayyas end up in jails in maharshtra etc. because the poor buggers are harassed by their so called superior Marathi manoos.

11. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Agent_47 likes this.
  12. Rajaraja Chola

Since you had spoken too much on tourism industry. Just a check on...........

http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...u-attracts-most-tourists-third-year-row-64141

13. Guynextdoor