Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Largest Emerging Economies, E7+SA, growth prospects and challenges

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by sunny_10, Jul 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

regarding the above news of post#135, in fact, exchange rate was US$1.0 = 44 Rupees only in 2011, which means around $80billion+ reverse remittances from India in 2011 :coffee:

here, high professional indian migrants/ migrant indian businessmen doing business in foreign nations, send money after paying very high tax as Indian migrants are the highest income group in western nations, who are part of generating technologies to run their Industries/ running business there and hence pay very high tax to those governments this way too, etc etc, and then India received around $60billion remittances in 2011. while around $80.00billion+ Reverse remittances from India without proper tax????????????

isn't is looting of India now days, in the same way as before 1947? how foreign companies and other sources are so successful in taking out money from India, "without paying tax also"?????? :tsk:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  2. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

GDP Growth Rate of E7/BRIC for 2012

China: 7.80%

India: 6.50% :coffee:

Indonesia: 6.20%

Mexico: 3.90%

Russia: 3.40%

Turkey: 2.60%

South Africa: 2.50%

Brazil: 0.90%

List of countries by real GDP growth rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

4. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

as discussed in my post as above, now India needs to do much more to have more SEZs :tup:

[​IMG]

=> SEZ units hit tax hurdles for domestic supplies | Business Line :facepalm:

and as discussed above, now India needs to do much more to have more SEZs. we hope its number to be thrice by 2020, to meet the industrial growth target. we want at least 500+ SEZs by 2020. India can't achieve its target to bring the manufacturing share to be around 25% of GDP target until we have "Structural Reform of Indian Economy", and having more SEZs is the first step in this regard.

to prepare for the circumstances at 2020+, India does need a type of "Structural Reform" considering industrial production growth. India already have a range of Institutions, for high to low level skills, with new infrastructure projects like express way/ ports/ airport etc, along with reaching Youth Literacy rate closed to 90% soon. its filled with highly competent professionals, at a low salary, and only hurdle in this direction for having more SEZs....

and we have been getting news that acquiring farmers lands has been the main issue in this regard. and here we find an Asian country like Singapore to be a type SEZ as a whole country, then why this big country like India has so much problems in acquiring lands for SEZs? we had this type of problems in 50s and 60s also when the government wanted to lay down roads and there used to be much resistances from the same type of farmers demands. then why can't India acquire the prime lands by 'forceful' methods, as it were adopted before also, for the key infrastructure projects in 50s to 80s? i mean, if a land of farmer cost 1.0 lacs per 1000 square feet then just through 3.0 lacs for those lands and get it????? and if there is more resistance then just through 5.0lacs+, 5 times, for the same type of land?????

such a big country like India, which is even net exporter of food grains but it face problems for acquiring lands for SEZs, just because of farmers?, i always doubt why????

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  5. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

there are always many aspects of any type of prediction, and i believe my above prediction has 50% chances to come true. the prediction that 90% trade of India will take place in Asia only from 2020+, considers an Industrialized India by 2020+ with producing many of the manufactured products of its need, as per the Official target to bring the share of manufacturing production to 25% of Indian GDP by 2025. along with importing those high tech products from China, Japan, Singapore which India won't be able to produce by then too..... along with already full dependence on the Asia Pacific region for oil/gas/ metal imports........

and i think my post as below also be put here :tup:

6. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

we have a picture of changing India as below, which may have a place here too, i think :tup:

7. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

Mr Gandhi was in favor of having home industries, and hence you need to modernize it, obviously, as he demanded that, as in my last post#34???? but until you don't have your own industries, it was good to have charkha in the villages that time, as this is what he could do as a Professional Lawyer?

its all about having home industries, to provide employment to the people of India, and to generate taxes for the Indian government for the good of the civilians based in India itself, not for the war purposes of British during WW1 and WW2 :wave:

8. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

Mr Gandhi wanted India to have industries on its own, and develop technologies by own, provide employment and generate taxes, and hence, "He advocated renewal of native Indian industries." check my last post and its reference again :coffee:

=>
    look, FDI in 'manufacturing' is what we always look for, as its bring many technologies from the foreign companies, who then employ the home professionals/ provide them training etc, so it finally help other home Industries too. as these professionals then switch to other companies with wealth of experience too.... (i was one of the biggest supporter of FDI in manufacturing, no matter what India has to commit for it......)

FDI in non-service and non-agriculture sector is always good, as it all about inviting technologies to Industrial sector this way and generate a competitive environment in India this way :tup:

(but I won't like FDI in Service Sector as its share in economy is close to 55%, and you just get no technologies by inviting multi brands in service. as we do know have many professionals coming from overseas, having qualifications in Supply Chain etc with experience from there too..... its no rocket technology that you need FDI in retails to 'hand over' your business to foreigners.)

from here, we have only one conflict, i favour the Indian industries to outperform the foreign ones, like how TATA bought luxury Jaguar, which was on death bed in UK by 2008, and then TATA turned it into a profitable company since 2009. while you favour the same by foreign investments in non-service/ non-agriculture industries, as these companies do employ the home workers and pay taxes on their income too, its also true.......

i think we both would reach a 50-50 agreement here. have FDI in Industrial sector (non-service and non-agriculture) and also keep helping our home industries to outperform them also. :tup: :cheers:

I would like to see the news like as below quite often :india:

9. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

I just discussed Debt level on different emerging and developed economies as below. i think it may have a place in this thread too :tup:

=> Debt on India and Other Emerging Economies

While concerning India, as I have more knowledge about India, we find its Public Debt at around 50% to GDP and Total National Debt closed to 65%. but as total foreign reserve of India itself stood at around $300billion, very closed to it's total Foreign Debt at around $350billion to date. so I would say that Total National Debt on India would come at around 55%. (as, the Foreign Reserve holding by India does means for borrowing debt of other countries, which may be used for debt payments, makes sense?)

also, as discussed in the post as below, India's GDP would grow by at least 6.0%+ for the next 20 years time, so it has a little meaning, how much debt India really has. in fact, around 55% Debt to GDP does looks impressive, i think......

an estimate of Public Debt and National Debt on the different countries is given as below......

=> List of countries by public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

I think my posts as below would have a place in this thread too :tup:

=>
    a good comment. but there are certain reasons behind it......

for example of China, they have become $2.0trillion+ exporter, the largest leaving whole EU behind too, then its because they tried every technique to get this volume, such as keeping Yuan value lower during last decade too which helped them take a big share of export business of ASEAN economies. (just because of aggressive chinese export techniques, ASEAN economies could recover losses of 1998-99 by 2004. it took 5-6 years for this group of nations to retain per capita income they had at 1998.)

and hence, having trade surplus at even $2.0trillion+ size export, china will always have a serious threat if the world market falls. while in case of India, its export grew in a natural way, having a high trade deficit, so fall of world economies will always bring few +ve and -ve terms both :tup:. (export of India at $300billion and Import at $500billion for the financial year 2012-13. even if Indian IT industries have good business in US, it comes at paying very high taxes, targeted at the Indian IT firms only, so there will be saving on this side too in tough time :cheers:.)

there is always a difference between normal/natural business than die hard ways to achieve the targets........ for example, you may build "steroids" in gym but physical strength is a completely different issue. we used to give example of much larger sixes of MS Dhoni, as compare to Mathew Hayden who find hard to run also on the ground......

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  11. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

my posts as below also have few key information, so would like to put it here also :tup:

12. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

we have a recent news about Indian inflation at 6.16% by last month. there can't be a better news for Indian economy at present, leaving enough opportunity for Interests Rate reduction too this way. also, i don't even remember when i read Interests rate of India lower than 7.0%, during more than last 10years+, excluding 10-12 months period of 2009 recession only.........

so we are always pleased at Inflation at any point but below 7.0%, to help the RBI keep Interests Rate at 7.0%, at least, if not less :coffee:

now we find India is pretty good placed among the forward emerging economies in the table as below :cheers:

we generally compare India with Brazil, Indonesia, Philippines, Egypt, Turkey, South Africa, Mexico type forward emerging economies :coffee:

Inflation Rate - Countries - List

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  13. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

I made a few comments on Mr B.Gates's Twitter in response to his comment as below. i think my posts may have a place in this thread too :tup:

Mr Bill Gates Comment, "The term “developing country” has outlived its usefulness. Here's why: http://b-gat.es/1jtBNgS " :tup:
    [​IMG]

My Comment on Mr Gates's Twitter on 24th January 2014:

1st; its no more like 90s anymore, when we found US/EU having much higher technologies than the rest. all the techs are now common....

2nd; only buying power determines living standard now, whether in OECD or in a developing country. who may pay for high tech products? (and high tech services)

3rd; whether mobile, internet, ATM, highways, shopping complex etc, high tech products/ services are now cheap in developing countries too

4th; with that, the very first thing changed is the way of talking about developing countries. views are changed, perceptions changed

(the very basic change occur during last 2 decade, its the 4th point.) :cheers:

(for example, 1 minute call in Mobile in a western nation cost 20-25 cents while its around 25-30 paise only in India. similarly internet prices, ATM every where in developing countries too, most of the similar high tech services are also easily available. with that, express ways, high tech shopping complexes are also quite common in emerging nations, including all the high tech products like laptops, TV etc are much cheaper to buy. while the most impressive thing i noticed in Delhi, was its steep fall of population level with hardly Rs 10 for 2 liter mineral water too, all much cheap in India type developing countries now days.... while its also true that not only in the country like India but also in US/UK/Australia, the market is filled with the same type of chinese products, just no difference, except cheap to buy them in India......)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  14. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

duplicate post

15. sunny_10

sunny_10 BANNED BANNED

GDP estimates show worst may be over
    February 8, 2014

[​IMG]

Agriculture and allied sectors show improvement

The Central Statistical Office (CSO) released on Friday estimates of 2013-14 Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth, pegging it at 4.9 per cent. In 2012-13, the economy grew at 4.5 per cent, the lowest in a decade. :coffee:

Since the growth during the April-September 2013 was 4.6 per cent, a full-year CSO estimate of 4.9 per cent implies that the economy is expected to grow at just under 5.4 per cent during the second half of 2013-14. The estimate, therefore, shows the worst may be over and the economy will bounce back in the second half of the current fiscal — something that the UPA government has been stating. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said in his press conference last year that “India’s own growth momentum will revive.â€￾

The pick-up has come mainly from the Agriculture, forestry and fishery sectors that the CSO estimates will grow at 4.6 per cent, against 1.4 per cent last fiscal.

Also, the services sector, including finance, insurance, real estate and business services, is estimated to grow at 11.2 per cent, compared with 10.9 per cent in 2012-13. Electricity, gas and water production is estimated to grow at 6 per cent, up from 2.3 per cent last fiscal. :coffee:

The CSO estimates project a contraction during the current fiscal in the manufacturing sector. :facepalm:

Keywords: India's GDP, National Council of Applied Economic Research, Central Statistical office, gross domestic product

GDP estimates show worst may be over - The Hindu

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.