Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

LCA MK2 VS Saab Gripen-An analysis in Indian context

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by HariPrasad, Dec 30, 2016.

1. The enlightened

The enlightened Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

There is no argument.
    It is simply a part of your imagination. Nothing to do with reality.

Lack of arguments is visible where you need to selectively quote lesser and lesser amount of my post and try to ignore the points as they got debunked.

Do you even read what you post?

'LCA doesn't make sense for domestication because it has foreign parts'
    If you instead of selectively quoting just continued to read the entire line, you would see that the point is that there won't be orders for Tier-2 and Tier-3 suppliers as they are not relevant for kit assembly.

Foreign kits can be assembled by HAL itself. Beyond some of the large Tier-1 suppliers, rest of them get babaji ka thullu.

Which is what I've said from the beginning:disagree:
    I'm going to stop now. Just more arguments in bad faith.

2. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Wrong, you tried to show that there is a need for light combat fighters, to justify the need of LCA. But a light attack fighter is not comparable to LCA, in fact even the current LCA would be overqualified for that role, nor has it anything to do with the Indian scenario or the threat perception of major air forces. Light attack is specifically aimed on IS or Taliban strikes, for cost-effectivity and not capability. That's why the US bought Afghanistan Super Tucanos instead of selling them F16s. India don't have the luxury to drop bombs on enemies that can't defend themselves, which is why light attack aircraft are useless for IAF.

That you don't understand that the requirements for an advanced trainer are higher! :facepalm:
    You can add LGBs or a targeting pod to a trainer and have light attack capability, but you need dedicated performance to be an advanced trainer, that a light attack aircraft doesn't have by design!
    It gets even worse when you add the radar, avionics or payload capabilities to compare it to a multi role fighters. So you are mixing up things again, that make no sense.

Which is a funny claim by someone who believes IAF will keep using Mig 21 tactics and base LCAs performance on a old gen fighter.
    But tactics are evolving with the capabilities available on your or your opponents sides and that's exactly why I am saying, that beyond 2025 the capabilities of our enemies will be that high, that a light class fighter can't keep up anymore. That's when you need a broad and strong medium class base to defend the country.

3. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Exactly, I simply showed you the reality of the changes between MK1 and MK2, or the time line of AMCA and you had no arguments to respond anymore...
    Just as in this case, where you ran away from your own initial claim =>
    And went to a new domestication claim, because you had no response to the fact that Indian industry is not dependent on an MK2 production line for work.

So if you have no arguments, there is nothing left for me to respond. As simple as that.

4. The enlightened

Hardly as I have already trashed all your points. The Aviation ecosystem comprising of the companies that HAL has subcontracted work (which I quoted and from which you constantly kept running away), would have practically zero work share from license assembly.

Obviously you had to resort to inventing some imaginary 'LCA MK-2', with no basis in reality (which still didn't solve the problem of the 15 years idle time), as well as a 5 gen which will enter production a good decade after current production stops. Besides laughably claiming 'IAF doesn't need LCA', 'LCA doesn't help industry as it has some foreign parts' all the while vouching for foreign imports as the panacea for industry. Irony killed itself.

As you refuse to make or discuss any point in good faith, how can anyone continue these idiotic discussions. Next you could claim we'll replace the fuselage for that of Gripen, wings of Rafale, front end of Eurofighter! Call it LCA mk-z and replace AMCA!

randomradio and zebra7 like this.
  5. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    What could be a solution for the Onboard IRST ??

Sathya likes this.
  6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    If we go for the Thales radar, they will fit the FSO also to it within the same space.

7. randomradio

randomradio Colonel Technical Analyst

LEGO Tejas.

8. randomradio

LCA Mk2 will only be ready for production in 2030. Forget about this aircraft. If some country is interested in importing it in significant numbers, then good, or else it's nothing but an experimental aircraft for AMCA and Ghatak.

Gessler likes this.
  9. Vijyes

Vijyes BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Any evidence or reasons to conclude this?

Shekhar Singh likes this.
  10. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Not really. His assertions.

Shekhar Singh, Blackjay and Vijyes like this.
  11. randomradio

ADA Chief.

https://www.livefistdefence.com/2017/02/exclusive-indias-5th-gen-amca-targets-2030.html
    ‘If you consider that the LCA Mk.1 will be built till 2024 and the LCA Mk.2, when ordered, should be built between 2030-35, then 2035 is good target for production of the AMCA,’ Balaji says.

Once Mk2 starts flying, it needs about 8 years of flight testing at the minimum.

Do you know I have been highly accurate over these last few years.

12. The enlightened

And what about AMCA? It will be ready only by 2040 if that.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  13. The enlightened

Haha Do you want me to reopen the LSA thread again:mrgreen:

Vijyes and Agent_47 like this.
  14. The enlightened

Rafale - first flight 1986, Service 2001 (limited and only with Navy)
    EF2000- first flight 1986, Service 2004
    F-22 - first flight 1991, Service 2005
    F-35 - first flight 2001, Service 2015, 2019, 2024? (wtf)

AMCA - first flight - first flight plans -2025/ likely - several years after , Service >2040?

15. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I have said this before, That is a stupid quote and it don't even make sense. Journalist misheard or intentionally misquoted. There is no reason to wait till 2030 for MK2. Why 6 year gap? What will HAL do in this time? According to ADA yearbook design is in 18 month 'detailed design stage' which will lead to two prototype production and first flight by late 2019 or early 2020. Flight testing of 3-4 years. Fund is already available. Now tell me why would a ADA chief say something like this?

Good one. :mrgreen:

Angel Eyes and Blackjay like this.