Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

LCA Tejas Multirole Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Dark_Prince, Apr 14, 2010.

1. veteran

veteran 2nd Lieutant ELITE MEMBER

first of all how dare you call it a freakin copy pasting?go and search if you find this any where i will stop posting on this forum.and secondly about the dates you should know the FOC for tejas is stated to be given in DEC.2011,that too if tejas gets its IOC which consists of 4 stages this year.dont make fool of your self son.i am 43 yrs old.after the air craft has achieved its FOC then its operational strategies are designed.it takes at least 1 or more than 1 year to design its syllabus.then only you can say the air craft is ready to do the job assigned to it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. Dark_Prince

Dark_Prince 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

No need to get all charged up! I thought it was joke as the date was 2014 and it seems like a fictional scenario (and yes it is), so thought it must have been from some site depicting different battle scenarios. I respect your age and its totally up to you, what you want to do! Its a Forum and I have a right to express my views!

3. gowthamraj

gowthamraj Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

when tejas going to recive elta-AESA

4. Dark_Prince

Nothing is known buddy, it could be that they may go for something lower! But if they do not go for an AESA, then by American standards Tejas won't be getting a 4.5 Generation title!

5. veteran

veteran 2nd Lieutant ELITE MEMBER

Each and every SQRDN in the air force have their simulated scenario's.just take an example for tusker's.if they are assigned for strike mission where they have to bomb an enemy's oil pipeline,the first thing they discuss is how many(aircraft),type of formation(wedge or diamond or delta v and many others),the leader, the mode of attack and many other details.now because of these scenario's the pilots know the blue print for the attack.the only thing which remain's is the way they do their job.some times while engaging enemy in air you need to forget everything told to you in the briefing.and suddenly you have to come up with some new tactic to counter attack.at that time you just club every scenario and come up with a new tactic.don't mind ,just having a drink.:india:

6. gowthamraj

no lower elta only they go but when???

7. Dark_Prince

Not an issue, I also had a few drinks some time back!:D
    :india:

8. Dark_Prince

Buddy, I dont know when will they finalize the deal, as its in the pipe line. But one thing is sure, without AESA no A/C is 4.5 generation...yeah u can call it 4++ generation or whatever but not 4.5!;)

9. Arjun MBT

Arjun MBT Captain SENIOR MEMBER

But Tejas Is getting AESA radar I thought, Is it not??

10. gowthamraj

sir, then you will say su-30 is not a 4.5 generation fighter

11. SpArK

SpArK SorCeroR Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Nope its a 4th generation still.

12. Dark_Prince

Americans with their weird standards have created mother of all Ironies in aviation!

In the case of SU-30MKI, its Bars radar is far more superior range wise than any other AESA, a new report suggested it can track upto 400 Km and very resistive to jamming and track more than 15 (around 30) targets (common info is 15)...etc Russian call it 4++ Generation. Lets wait for MLU!

13. Arjun MBT

I second that....

14. Dark_Prince

Till now the news is for of the self AESA most probably EL-2052, lets see what HAL goes for!

15. Arjun MBT

Hows our Multi Mode radar??