Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

LCA Tejas Multirole Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by Dark_Prince, Apr 14, 2010.

1. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    why would a point defence aircraft want to have stand off weapon like brahmos? we need BVR and WVR for the LCA or cheaper munitions that can be built in numbers.

Sancho, X_Killer and zebra7 like this.
  2. Zarvan

Zarvan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    The way your butt is on fire shows I am right on the spot

3. Shekhar Singh

Shekhar Singh 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Name a 70 cc moped engine which is manufactured in pakistan. Then people will take you seriously.

Gessler likes this.
  4. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Actually I love when Pakistani start talking about the technology, and the development they are doing, just like when the so called Kashmiri Separatist always talks about the talks and dialogue for peace.

Only one line Fitte Mooh

5. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
  6. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Some guys want technically non-feasible combo just to fulfill their fantasies. And these fantasies get a hype when some unnamed sources desire to have that combo.

Here, I can even expect (from fantasy lovers) if some unnamed sources believe to have Miniaturized Agni series on fighter jets including LCA.

@LonewolfSandeep possesed a very good credibility but I can't expect his thumbs up to technically non-feasible combo for IAF ops (I'm not talking about jugaad).

7. Sathya

Sathya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Nirbhay feasible ?

8. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Can't find the present design as feasible (without booster rocket it is ~5m in length and 0.52m in dia).
    But if DRDO able to Miniaturized the missile between 4-4.5m length and within 800kg weight than it will be possible and it'll be good choice for Mk-2 (not for mk1 & mk1a).

Sancho and Sathya like this.
  9. vikata

vikata FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    pakistani and technology is an oxymoron
    and second thing why dont you show a single research paper ,single pakistani contribution to jf17
    apart from the usual rant that IN JF17 J STANDS FOR JOINT
    and when somebody caught you guys with pants down usual pakistani ostrich mentality WE DONT GIVE A FCK
    so better not to strutt your stuff when you didnt have any

Shekhar Singh likes this.
  10. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

We know that IAF placed a 30th MTOW limit in the MMRCA tender, which means that thwy considered anything above as heavy class.
    The Gripen E with 16.5t MTOW was the lowest accepted fighter in the tender.
    Tejas with around 13.3t is considered as light.

So it's safe to assume that IAFs medium class limit starts somewhere around 15t and ends around 30t.

11. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    But I specifically asked the Parameter Laid down by any other Airforce than than IAF in the world, be it Sweedish Airforce.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  12. Sancho

That's something you have to find out on your own I guess, since it has nothing to do with the topic anymore.

13. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    okkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
    but since you was bringing light, medium and heavy category several times, so I asked you to clear my doubt.:azn:

14. Sancho

And since I was refering to IAF, I gave you an explanation for them of course. Can't tell about others, nor does it related to LCA.

15. LonewolfSandeep

LonewolfSandeep Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Unnamed sources my foot - even the Russians are talking about it

"The BrahMos light journey rocket will be mounted both in submarines’ torpedo launchers and on Russia’s fifth-era T-50 PAK FA" (Prospective Airborne Complex of Frontline Aviation) contender fly, CEO and General Designer of the Machine-Building R&D Consortium Alexander Leonov said on Friday.

“We are taking a shot at the rocket’s light form. It ought to fit the measure of a torpedo tube and be just about 1.5 circumstances littler by its weight. It will be conceivable to mount our airborne rocket on a wide range [of aircraft]. Obviously, we’ll be creating it, above all else, for the fifth-era plane in any case, conceivably, it will be mounted on the MiG-35 warrior, in spite of the fact that we have not completed such improvements,” he said.

The BrahMos supersonic voyage rocket is the result of Russia’s Machine-Building Research and Development Consortium and India’s Defense Research and Development Organization, which set up BrahMos Aerospace joint wander in 1998.

The rocket’s name originates from the names of two streams: the Indian Brahmaputra of and the Russian Moscow waterway. The rocket has a scope of 290 km and conveys a warhead weighing from 200 to 300 kg.

http://thestrategictimes.com/breaki...hmos-light-cruise-missile-pak-fa-fighter-jet/

There you go eating your words:fighting1:

Now read my words in earlier post again very carefully - exactly same even Russians are saying now - possible fit a torpedo tube & be 1.5 times smaller by weight. We are looking to mount 1 on LCA & 3 on Su30MKI, russians looking to mount 2 on Mig35 & eventually planned for FGFA.

Accept it or not its gonna happen, just like I can give heads-up LCA may soon develop a version with sizeable better internal fuel carrying capacity. Thats all I can tell

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017