Let’s aim for a post-theistic society

Discussion in 'Social & Current Affairs' started by Eddie, Oct 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman

layman Field Marshal Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    United States
    OMG, It is really unfortunate since they are facing all odds in the skies and unpredictable too. How do anyone gain strength from facing unpredictable hostile...

[​IMG]
  2. Eddie

Eddie SENIOR MEMBER

Kentucky: Atheists face 12 months in prison for disbelief

A Kentucky law requires residents and government officials to affirm the existence of God, or risk a penalty of up to 12 months in prison for failure to comply.

The Kentucky law requires that plaques celebrating the power of the Almighty God be installed outside the state Homeland Security building. The text of the inscription on the plaques begins with the assertion, “The safety and security of the Commonwealth cannot be achieved apart from reliance upon Almighty God.â€￾

The law is part of a Kentucky state homeland security bill that passed in 2008.

Edwin Kagin, legal director of American Atheists, said:

"This is one of the most egregiously and breathtakingly unconstitutional actions by a state legislature that I've ever seen."
    AlterNet reports that earlier this month American Atheists submitted a petition to the U.S. Supreme Court to review the law.

Truthdig reports that although the law clearly violates the First Amendment’s separation of church and state, the Kentucky state Supreme Court has refused to review its constitutionality.

The Kentucky law is a national embarrassment, and an insult to every clear thinking American. It is an affront to reason, and an assault on the U.S. Constitution.

The law is a strong indication that the religious right represents a clear and present danger to the nation, and if given the chance, Christian fundamentalists would transform America into an ugly theocracy, a place where religious ignorance and superstition would reign supreme.

Read more:
    Atheists can be jailed in Kentucky for not acknowledging God
    Court upholds Kentucky law requiring reliance on 'Almighty God' for security | Politics and Government | Kentucky.com
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  3. arun.id

arun.id SENIOR MEMBER

Hinduism is not about some higher power sitting above you. It's founded on 'moksha'.
    Theres no cooky parts in Hinduism other than lies and propaganda spread by the church missionaries, petrodollar owners, etc.
    Hinduism has a higher ground.
    It is the reason why india is peaceful despite all the odds.
    That Indianess, the so called Indian culture, Indian morals, is all nothing but Hinduism.
    Darmic religions are the ones which succeeded, where others failed.

The Arab and Christian nations just do propaganda. They're just a show face and the realities are the exact opposite.
  4. arun.id

arun.id SENIOR MEMBER

Western nations are tolerant- This is a hype that is spread by western media.
    This is the truth:
    Republicans in America is a party that is founded with more than 40% of its members supporting facist theocrasy.
    In western nations, they kill non-christians in the plain, however these things are fast covered by their churches.
    You can check the movements in the 80s and 90s in your beloved west against other religions. Particularly the Sikhs. How they were attacked.

Even today we can see Sikhs, Hindus, etc being attacked in the west in the name of religion.

Your tolerant west is the one who is so eavily invested in anti-Hindu and anti-India propaganda.
    Go and read on the involvement of the Catholic church of India in the murder of Homi Bhabba.
    The western funded church is everyday involved in painting naked pics of Ram and Sita and so on.
    Your western society is the ones which is involved in so many missionary acitivites in India in the name of 'helping people', spreading hate and lies against Hindus.

The wolrd has not changed for the west.
    They have just learned to over up and spread good propaganda.

It's easy to rant on rant having a free run like a radio which is turned on when you have banned other members.
  5. Eddie

Eddie SENIOR MEMBER

[MENTION=9856]arun.id[/MENTION]
    Dude you suffer from paranoia, illusion and probably some brain damage too. Stick with charas and baang like me, don't do bath salts or acid :girl_wacko:

Sikhs are attacked because the westerners (most of them who cannot even point to India in a map) mistake them for talibans or muslims. I havenot heard of any hindus being attacked, jyada gussi na maar tuh. arre baba westerners anti-India propaganda kyun karenge. Humne kya ukhad liya aisa ki angrej humse darre hue hain. Ager woh karthe toh china mein ja ke karenge na. Aur haan missionaries christianity felathe hain, kyunki unko paisa miltha hai. Aur bible ke anusaar har ache chrisitan ko ek aur bandha convert karna chahiye. Tum hindus ko kisne mana kiya ki tum unko convert na karo.

aur jaise mein 100 baar keh chuka hun ki India mein sirf 2% chrisitians hain aur unse teri hamesha fatti kyun rehthi hai. Aur mein nahin maanth ki angrej roj baith ke ram sita ki nangi photo bana rahe hothe hain. waise apne yahan kithne mandiron mein nangi bagwaan ki tasveer banayi gayi hai, jaantha hai kya tuh. isko art bolthe hain, piccaso aur lenardo da vinci jaise mahaan log bhi nangi photo banaye karthe the.

Aur meine kisi ko ban nahin kiya, apaan kisi se nahin darthe aur yeh all India radio chaltha rahega, indian telegram ki tareh bandh nahin hoga, jo karna hai kar le.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie SENIOR MEMBER

On the heels of International Religious Freedom Day ie 27th october, let’s start last week’s Recap abroad.

1. More than 60 Saudi women climbed into the front seats of their (husbands’) Lamborghinis Saturday to defy the kingdom’s driving ban. Saudi authorities threatened to crack down on “actions that disturb social peace,” and more than 100 local clerics protested “the conspiracy of women driving” in the weeks leading up to the rally. No arrests were reported. source

2. Rihanna may be bad, but she’s perfectly good at offending religious folks. Had the pop star been in Saudi, she might have told haters to shut up and (let women) drive. Instead she found controversy in a sacred place at the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in nearby Abu Dhabi.
    [​IMG]

RiRi posed somewhat seductively in a black jumpsuit and makeshift hijab outside the mosque. Officials sent out an SOS and told RiRi, we don’t want you to stay. The controversial photo shoot shined bright like a diamond on social media, drawing criticism (op-ed) that the young singer was acting like the only girl in the world. If only she’d have thought to hide under an umbrella(-ella-ella eh eh eh). source

3. Whips and chains might excite Rihanna, but don’t expect to find much in the way of S&M at Turkey’s new online Halal Sex Shop. The website bills itself as “entirely safe,” and in compliance with Islamic norms. Source

4. Despite its reputation for playboy princess and harems, Brunei just introduced tough Shariah laws, including death by stoning for adultery. I think it’s safe to assume that the royal family will be exempt from any punishment. Source

5. on the other hand, some houses of worship are literally under fire. A Missouri man confessed to burning down a local mosque. source

6. Russian attackers used Molotov cocktails to torch a Muslim house of prayer. source

7. A white supremacist in the U.K. admitted to planting bombs near mosques. source

8. The European Parliament rejected a measure that would have declared abortion a human right amid strong opposition from Poland, Malta and other predominantly Catholic European Union countries. source

9. A retired American pastor who went to Iran to protest the imprisonment of four Christians who converted from Islam was detained and sent back to America. Four different Christians were sentenced to 80 lashes for drinking Communion wine in the dry country. source

10. Pakistan’s Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif told the United States Institute of Peace in Washington, D.C., that Pakistan was founded upon the principle of religious freedom. He said, “We want to create a society based on social justice and the well-being of all our people without any discrimination.” Nice words, but don’t expect the country’s harsh blasphemy laws to disappear anytime soon.

11. In the U.S., the executive director of a South Carolina soup kitchen caused a stir when she turned away atheist volunteers. The heathens handed out care packages to homeless people across the street. source

Read more here.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  7. arun.id

arun.id SENIOR MEMBER

First of all, I'm not a Hindu.

About the Sikhs being attacked in America, it's been there ever since they landed on America. There were many riots targeting Sikhs in particular in America, the first documented of which is from 1907 in Bellingham, Wash. And not all recent attacks on them is coz of any mistaken identity.

Yes the English are afraid. That's why they don't like it when we do nuke tests. But the propaganda has more to do with erasing and rewriting the real history so that people will forget all the English did. Going with the McCaulian thought. The English don't want their next generation to know all the war crimes they did. Just like they do propaganda on how evil Hitler was.

And about conversion and such, conversion of Hindus is done through, lies or through money. And the conversion is done for political reasons. You're asking Hindus to follow in the same line. Hinduism has not sunk that low.

That's right, you're just an all India radio.
  8. Eddie

Eddie SENIOR MEMBER

"First of all I am not a Hindu." Really, are you a human atleast or all this I just made up. Hope you are atleast an Indian or, are you not?

English don't like if anyone does nuke tests other than them, even Iran and Nort korea. Moreoever English are a thing of past, its Americans now.

Come on we are 1 billion, we don't have to be afraid of anyone. we are not puny that some one will come and take our identity from us, we are bigger than that. We are giants. We have lived through millenias of foreign domination and still not lost of identities. We have learnt from our previous mistakes and we are working hard for our future. In few decades we will be so much powerful that "koi maai ka lal apna kuch nahin ukhad sakega" So don't be afraid. If you do feel so, try hanuman chalisa, :p that will ward off the evil spirits in you...lol

All India radio closes now.
  9. arun.id

arun.id SENIOR MEMBER

What's your problem?? Why do you care??

English don't care if America does nuke tests. America is a power in decline.

There is need for concern, coz the political factions IUML and the slowly rising Christian parties (Kerala -Mani group), Congress (1984), depend on polarising Indians. And the ones which genuinely fight and are counter-terrorists are all shown as the communal ones. Indias strength is in unity, if that is broken, no one needs to come and destroy us. India's secularism is an excuse for non-secular and such facist elements to rise. It has become an excuse for anyone to come here and denigrate the traditional Indian values and ideolgies that kept this nation going for so long. not just that, the polarised factors see themselves as part of Europe or as part of Saudi Arabia than India. To them India is not their home but just a land filled with 'dirty' Hindus who worship 'idols' and 'stones'. Such propaganda breaks the very foundations of our civilizations. There is a lot to be delt with. And if BJP doesn't win, India's future is bleek.

All those things you said, it won't happen as long as India is not fully united under its own traditional ideologies. The western and Desert culture won't work for a society as complicated and diverse as that of India's.
  10. Eddie

Eddie SENIOR MEMBER

[MENTION=9856]arun.id[/MENTION] Dude, I don't have any problem. Its you who have some serious mental issues. If you feel English or martians or any alien is a threat to India, then open a thread and start your ranting there. This thread specifically talks about "Imagining a future India with no religion"

I too believe that idol worship and stone worship is useless. I don't think that, believing in these stones is what will make me an Indian or not. I truly feel that in a few centuries, Religion will be a thing of past and people will completely forego it. Be it hinduism or christianity or Islam or any other religion.

So, if you feel christianity as a religion is pulling india back, please post it here. You are very much welcome. But I don't share with your view that India should take on hinduism for its survival. I know you share that view, so please open a thread and start ranting your mantras/views there, you may find some followers and fans too, maybe :p who knows.

If you did as I just said, we won't be having any problems. So please from now on stick to the topic.

PS: If you are so afraid of English, why are you typing in English, shouldn't you be talking in hindi. I think thats how the english spirit is getting into you.
  11. arun.id

arun.id SENIOR MEMBER

No you just don't like what I say.
    And about India facing threats, if that is the case, then there wouldn't be an Indian Defence forum yes??

No one is doing idol worship in Indian other than propaganda by Christian missionaries. And no oneasked anyone to go and worship idols or stones.

That is only for western nations. Coz religion pulled them back. But for India, Indian religions empowered and created social harmony. India remians India coz of the Indian values and principles, and this Indianess comes from Indian religions and didn't just fall out of sky. And if that Indianess has to be retained, then Hindusim has to be retained. When our religion (inherent) is the reason why there's social harmony, then it has to be considered as important for national security. Hinduism is the reason why there's no racism or any evil as seen in the west.

I already posted many times about Christianity and Islam pulling India back to the dark ages in areas where they're prominent. It's pulling India backward in thoughts, conduct, ethics, unsustainable demographic developments, superstitions like they're going to go to hell if they do family planning, which are further exagerated by the respective religious institutions, etc.

And about me using English, that's because there's so many people who don't know Hindi or any other indian languages. However, you very well know that I was using the term English in the context of referring to the British and western Christian institutions.

Yes English and the McCaully education has to be abolished in India. India never needed the English language or the british before, and we can do pretty well without it in the future too.
  12. Eddie

Eddie SENIOR MEMBER

:sad:
    I like you my fellow Indian. I like you more than I like any angrej or pakistani or anyother national out there. But just because I like you, doesn't mean I will like your comments or will support your ideas.

What do you think idol worship means? You have an idol of Ram and you worship it, its called idol worship. You have an idol of shiv ling, you put milk and all other stuff over it, its idol worship.

lol why is that, then we have not done anything in the field of science. Israel has 50 times more noble prizes than us. All we invented was a "zero" the rest, everything was done by scientists of other countries. We are a billion now, I assume our % of people will be in majority then too, but what did we contribute to the world in the field of science. Not much

This is the main reason I hate you with all my heart. Hate will be an understatement, I loathe you. let me tell the reasons. I have tried to find and note down my family tree. I found that my Great great grandfather was a Hindu. His name was Shivlinga nadar. His son converted to christianity and after that my whole family has been christian, till my father. I am an atheist, pure breed. I am from Tamil Nadu, mughals never ruled us. No king who ruled the north like chandra gupta maurya etc. ruled the south. There were no forced conversions to muslims here. I know that most of the north Indians share an intense hatred towards muslims. You might feel that your forefathers were forced to convert and made to loose their identity and later only you guys converted back and retained it. But that history is not our history. All those sentiments and hatred that is attached to it, is not shared by us. Neither is it shared by many states of north east like sikkim etc. The hindustan that the persians, or arabs knew was north India , and not the south India.

I don't see that religion is a tool that defines my country. Its not that if my forefathers got converted to christianity, they now are supporters/spies of English. I am an ethnic Dravidian and nothing separates me from my country. So when you come, and say that India should revert back to its hindu roots, it makes me feel angry. I don't believe in god, follow no rituals of hindusim or anyother religion, but in my own country you want to make me a foreigner. For you, only the hindus are Indians, but I will never be a hindu in my life. This is the bone of contention between us. I don't see Christianity and Islam pulling India back to the dark ages but all the religions including hindusim pulling India back. The India that you dream of has no place for me, but the India that I envision has place for all Indians who live in India. Please don't misinterpret that I want a forced conversion of all people to atheists in India. I believe everyone has every right to pray to whoever he wants. Its not the deity or the ritual that you follow which makes you an Indian, but its the ethnicity and love for the country which makes you one.
    1 person likes this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie SENIOR MEMBER

14. arun.id

arun.id SENIOR MEMBER

How old are you??
  15. Gessler

Gessler Major General Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Looks interesting.

I am aware of Goddess Kali worship and such sacrifices but this is new to me. Must do some research into
    this practice.

There is however one thing that we should remember - everything that is, has a reason for being so. And
    we cannot trash everything as junk without thoroughly analyzing it and finding out if it has something to
    offer towards betterment of humankind.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.