Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Light Stealth Aircraft (LSA) - Concept Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by randomradio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Do you know that as you go up on frequency to over 50GHz and on to visual band, all kinds of stealth becomes useless? The best way to defeat so called active or passive stealth is optical frequency range. Even the so called radar absorbent paints fail in that band.

HariPrasad likes this.
  2. LonewolfSandeep

LonewolfSandeep Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Theoretical true stealth can be achieved if plane surface resonance frequency can be raised to Ultraviolet range (beyond visual spectrum) (artificially by having a kind of pulse generator)... Thereby achieving true visual & current military radar stealth... except engine IR (so propulsion will have to be improved too for true stealth)

But now we going on too much theoretical running horses, lets see what MSA can achieve, after all MSA is supposed to be assembled on current proven off the shelf tech components, so all improvements can come later..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  3. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

The MSA is so good on paper that medium weight and heavy weight will make very little difference. The MSA exceeds both Rafale and MKI.

The reason why we categorize aircraft is because we want to differentiate them for bureaucratic purpose. The ultimate difference between light, medium and heavy is cost of operation. There's a 30% difference in cost between all three categories.

But the MSA costs as much as a light aircraft to operate and can perform the same role as a heavy aircraft. So how do you categorize such an aircraft?

Grevion likes this.
  4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Actually, MSA is going to be a 60Kn dry thrust and 98Kn wet thrust design wherein it will be able to do most of its combat with dry thrust alone to keep IR signature down. I have gone up on thrust to meet the most demanding conditions of India in terms of hot and high requirements.

LonewolfSandeep likes this.
  5. Sahil ecclstone

Sahil ecclstone FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Was the CFD of MSA posted on this thread... I wasn't able to find it on my adventure from page 100-147... Might have missed it.
    If CFD was uploaded please do share a link

6. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That's very promising. Hopefully, you will one day make this aircraft a success and provide India with a real Bramhastra. May god be with you.

7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    The complete aircraft CFD was not shared here. But it has been done and works exactly as per design goals.

HariPrasad and Sahil ecclstone like this.
  8. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    It will be a light-heavy or a leavy aircraft. A light aircraft packed with a heavy punch.:D

That was a bad joke.:sick:

9. randomradio

I thought you wanted 75-80Kn dry thrust?

10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    In NDA, I always fought one category above my height due to my extra strong bones. But I always knocked out my opponents. Welter weight and middle weight is where you get to see most powerful and versatile fights. They have punching power and also stamina. As you go up in boxing weights, the punching power increases but the agility reduces. same is true about fighters, either the ones designed by nature or by men.

Grevion likes this.
  11. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    The SE was that design for IAF but for IN you need 15% extra thrust. And also to overcome the weight increase due to TE config. It all adds up.

12. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    15% extra thrust due to the hardened structure of aircraft for deck landing ops?
    What will be it implications for the IAF. Didn't IAF wanted a SE aircraft for forward base operations?

13. randomradio

So 60KN for IAF and 80KN for IN?

14. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    Initially it was 0.6 - 18, but it has been extended to lower band and to higher too.

15. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    When the Rafale was designed VLO was not on the table and they had no concept of designing stealth into the Rafale. One of the reasons its obsolete.