Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Light Stealth Aircraft (LSA) - Concept Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by randomradio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Jaguar Darin-3 needs just an OSF and good ASPJ and it will be up their with the best as a strike platform. Once we use the same stuff in MSA, it gets added advantage of a fighter so we get a true Omnirole fighter. MSA is Jaguar +Mig-21Bison together in one airframe.

2. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Mig-21Bison carrier four R-77s, MSA carries four of them in two side bays. Each side bay is capable of launching a 3.75m long missile weighing up to 200 kgs. Jaguar carries two ASRAAM on upper wing pylon, MSA carries them on wing tips. MSA has a main bay capable of carrying 1500kgs of bomb load on two pylons which can be used for 2x Harpoons or 8xSPICE250 or 2x 1000lbs bombs or 2xR-37s. Other than that it has six more pylons of which four are for heavy stores. Inner ones can carry up to 1500kgs each and the mid ones can carry 1000kgs each. The outer ones can carry up to 200kgs each. The wing tip rails can carry missiles up to a weight of 125kgs each. In addition, the design has one pylon at the tail, ahead of tail hook to carry sensor pods of up to 125 kgs or buddy refuelling pod and two CFT stations to carry 1800kgs. The total armament capacity of 1500+800+3000+1600+400+250+100+1800= 9450 kgs of stores and fuel. The real lift capability of the aircraft is limited to 7 tons. So what we see is that in any configuration, MSA out ranges and out loads Rafale. This statement must be read with the 0.4 fuel fraction of MSA compared to 0.32 of Rafale. If Rafale has to meet this fuel fraction, it will need to load 4 tons of fuel which will reduce the useful bomb load to below 5.5 tons for Rafale.
    Just to elaborate further, a Rafale without any weapon load will need 4 tons of additional fuel just to reach the range figures of clean MSA with zero stores. Once MSA flies with 2xCFTs, its useful bomb load will reduce to 5.2 tons while Rafale will need to get its centre line 3000 litre fuel tank also to match the range. In such a situation, Rafale will be further limited to just about 2.9 tons bomb load and will have huge drag figures compared to MSA which will be able to carry full 5.2 tons to a range longer than that of Rafale.

3. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    A bomb load is not going to make much of a difference if you cant reach the target, and that is getting more and more difficult as missile defense improve.

4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Few things will remain forever. Stealth is one of them. You may get picked up but compared to a non stealthy aircraft, a stealthy aircraft will be picked up that much later. As the AD improves, so do stand off launch weapons.

HariPrasad and Averageamerican like this.
  5. Grevion

Grevion Think Tank TROLL ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    When are we going to see one?:tank:

6. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Ask Lord Hanuman who is my Ishta Deva.

7. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Hanuman ji doesn't replies to me.:(

zebra7 and Blackjay like this.
  8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    well same here.

zebra7 and Grevion like this.
  9. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Wait I almost forgot....aaj Friday hai....have you started taking your daily whiskey pegs already? :p

zebra7 likes this.
  10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    The truth is that MSA can become a 30 ton aircraft with two improved Kaveri engines with length being increased by one meter, width by 20cms and height by 15 cms and main bay length increased to 5.25m. It will become a 12:12:8 ton aircraft. 12 ton empty weight, 12 tons of payload, 8 tons of fuel and 800NM as range on internal fuel in stealth configuration. In addition, it will be capable of carrying 2xBrahmos-NG internally with 4xBVRAAMs and 2xASRAAMs.

11. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Just started. I had to go out and give my blood platlets for my maternal uncle today. Reached home at 7PM.

12. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Why not go for it after you've developed an MSA as planned. Just stopping at the light version will be foolish if you've better prospects available.
    Dengue?? Delhi hasn't changed a bit under Kejriwal??

13. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    No, Its infection due to the chemo therapy he underwent due to a small tumour in his brain. of my four Maternal uncles, I am very close to him. I really don't want to lose him.

14. Grevion

Country Flag:
    India
    Don't worry he will be alright.
    Baghwan unhe lambi umar de

Angel Eyes and vstol jockey like this.
  15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I forgot to add, that wing span will rise to 10.5m and wing area will rise to 53sqm. The IN version will have to include folding wings and with just 1.2m as folding wing, MSA-Kaveri will be able to fit in Vikky and IAC-1 without the need to have any change in RGS or lifts.

HariPrasad and Grevion like this.