Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Light Stealth Aircraft (LSA) - Concept Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by randomradio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    They have seen it all. I made a presentation to them last year. They are shocked. They are the main hurdle for LSA.

2. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    probably its the fear of going out of business. and of course ego - how can an outsider design an aircraft when the supposedly best minds are with the ADA?

kamalakumar, kiduva21 and PARIKRAMA like this.
  3. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    During my presentation to them they repeatedly asked me abut my educational background. B.Sc in Physics and being an ex-fighter pilot was not adequate for them. How can a single B.Sc design an aircraft superior to the bunch of nearly 1400 idiots of ADA+NAL+HAL?

4. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    yes, i have some friends in HAL. Chai and biscuit 4-5 times a day with almost no work to do. Aircraft design is not rocket science if you have the tools at your disposal. (relevant experience,infra, literature and determination) If 20 year olds in engineering programs can design their own aircraft , how difficult would it really be for a seasoned fighter pilot to design his own?

HariPrasad likes this.
  5. kiduva21

kiduva21 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I know a person who worked in HAL . cannot reveal his name but he graduated from Bangaluru IISC and had a brilliant brain . he even show us a original OFC test fiber which can carry 7TBps data directly from the research company . he got a permanent job in HAL and he resigned it after some time and started to take tuition for students. When asked he said "its better to teach students who is at least consider me as a teacher than working in HAL". he always looked very disappointed that no body is believing HAL is such a bad organization.

surya kiran and PARIKRAMA like this.
  6. kiduva21

kiduva21 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    OFF TOPIC
    that guy is the one who teach us not to touch a "single mode fiber " with exposed core with bare hand, because its so thin that it will enter our blood stream with out couching scratch to skin and will flow through blood only time it faces challenge is when it reaches brain, and with pressure from blood behind it , the fiber will kill the brain cell one by one and a slow death to the man.

7. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

Atul?

But yeah, teaching is very big business. You can earn lakhs per month.

8. kamalakumar

kamalakumar BANNED BANNED

Lol. Hear that. When I trashed HAL for the pathetic garbage it is using simple logic and calculations( available in open source mind you,) i got bombarded with fanboy hate blaming IAF for the mess HAL is in in another forum. This was in respect to Su 30MKI and not even LCA. Most indians are fanboys who have no interest in learning and only care about their own opinions and ego. I mean, look at the amount of garbage Anti rafale folks write in rafale threads even though they display their complete lack of knowledge so obviously

9. TickTickIndian

TickTickIndian BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Cool I didn't know this.

10. TickTickIndian

TickTickIndian BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Please tell him to build companies.

11. kamalakumar

kamalakumar BANNED BANNED

What???? What enters blood and caused what?

12. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    What are their objections if the design is already validated ?

13. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    LCA. It dies premature death.

kamalakumar likes this.
  14. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    I had the same concerns when i first heard about the proposal. But when i learned more details it made sense. It felt like obvious transition from LCA. LCA had its chances. The whole point of the project was to make basic aerospace infrastructure in the country, which it did. LSA have potential to transform our aero industry, it deserves a chance.

IMO, You should make a second option,
    1. Abandon LCA mk2 -> AMCA , Assurance from IAF for 200, 90% funding for all prototypes
    2. Don't abandon mk2 yet, Ask for funding to make one TD/PT and a competition with mk2 prototype, Whoever wins will get those 200 order.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I have already thrown a challenge regarding AMCA itself. LSA has far superior over all stealth and shaping with better internal weapons package. It even exceeds F-22 in internal weapons load out.

HariPrasad and PARIKRAMA like this.