Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Light Stealth Aircraft (LSA) - Concept Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by randomradio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    That's what I am trying to do. If they come on-board, we won't have to make a mock up as their 3D digital model will be accepted by everyone in India.

SR-91 likes this.
  2. shaktimaan

shaktimaan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    R u going to aero India show ??? Bcz representatives from EFT will also come

3. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    No, I am not going there.

Golden_Rule likes this.
  4. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Surely we can see it from your Avatar. It is as dumb as it can get.

5. SR-91

SR-91 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Do you feel like there is still corruption in the system

6. BlackOpsIndia

BlackOpsIndia Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    I was somewhat hopeful of your project, probably a prototype to validate your concept and enthusiasm but 3,000 crores is a hard sell. I dont think unless you are Lockheed martin or Boeing you will be able to get 3,000 crores from govt. no matter how smart or good your product is.

This reply of yours shatters my confidence in this LSA aircraft. You should better patent your design and sell it to some big company and earn royalty if your project is that good as you mention again and again.

Dont get me wrong here but why will govt. give 3,000 crores just to see a product of someone who got no previous record of aircraft building? You may be the best pilot and my respect for it but how does it translate into a designer and manufacturer and guarantees that after investing 3,000 crores on your project that plane will not fail or achieve what even the most established aircraft manufacturers after building thousands of jets and spending trillions not just billions by now on building them cant achieve!

If you can achieve it all by off the shelf usage, are other manufacturers/designers dumb not to use it? I am not being skeptical of your knowledge, we know you are good at it but these are hard questions. Forget govt. every investor putting money on you will ask this unless you have 3,000 crores or 1,000 crore in your pocket.

Sadly for me this project is done and dusted, I hope you can make it work by some magic. My best wishes and wish you very good luck and someday I wish to wakeup and see the LSA in newspaper or IDF :)

7. Sathya

Sathya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    He needs only acceptance of requirement..
    People are three to invest it seems.
    Now naval RFI have given hopes to take on Rafale M.

Without all the prerequisites of design , MOD won't allot 3000c .
    It's not a easy path, but without struggle no one gets the trophy..

8. ranadd

ranadd 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I am sorry. Why not?

You are trying to make a fighter plane. No, a stealth fighter plane. A task only billion dollar companies did so far.

If you do not show at India's only air show, then how realistic is this paper plane? Do not say you know the inner workings and met who&who Or you have some master plan for everything.

9. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    The time frame specified by the navy in the rfi is 3 years post conclusion of contract and all deliveries be completed within further 3 years . The LSA probably doesn't make the cut here . How are you going to get past this Sir @vstol jockey ?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    Sathya likes this.
  10. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    DO not let the cost escalate. You can do it later on whenever your project gets momentum.

11. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    No I am very hopeful of his project. Things have changed in India and I am sure that @vstol jockey will find many financers.

Sathya likes this.
  12. Sathya

Sathya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

its not that he want to escalate, but to take on Rafale M , LSA needs to be competent in every field.

HariPrasad and vstol jockey like this.
  13. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Earlier, LSA was competing against the likes of LCA & Gripen and could have won easily but now the competition is with Rafale-M for IN RFI. LSA for IAF single engine requirement is still a winner with no competitor. I do know that many here think that GOI/MOD will put money in it. Well they won't. It is very clear to me. I have to find finances elsewhere and for that I have the equity dilution option thru a JV. Funding is not much of a problem if I can get the aircraft design fully certified thru an internationally acceptable design house/agency. Plus instead of going for all three prototypes at the same time, a single prototype with partial sensor suite as a TD will be a better prospect and for that the requirement will come down to just 500 crores.

14. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Anything partial with rest in future possibilities is not a winner .... you should not scale down below #1 ... you have seen that is how decisions are made - best current and futuristic value for money ... let's see it very objectively, FGFA promises on paper all the 5++ generation technologies, but the best single prototype the Russians have made to date does not convince the Indians. As you rightly point out that the frame design is a 5th gen AC, all the internal modular LRUs should be fitted in the machine to make it look like a real light monster :)

15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    That is what I meant when I stated with partial sensor suite. Everything will be fitted to the aircraft from a dummy radar to dummy IRST to dummy gun. It will be a complete aircraft with some of the equipment replaced by equal in weight and size dummies.

Sathya likes this.