Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Light Stealth Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by randomradio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    We need mutual respect for it. 33 years, 17 prototypes and yet we do not have a FOC cleared aircraft. DRDO Bhawan in Delhi has a real LCA as a model like the retired models of fighters of IAF. How do you explain this?

Sathya and AbRaj like this.
  2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I am really surprised by your support. Those so called IT expert have suddenly taken a flight. Biscuit and FMGC experts masquerading as aerodynamic experts have run away. Thanks bro for all your support. These idiots with slave mentality need to be shown their place. I was really shocked when some people who can't make out the difference between their arse and elbow became aerodynamic experts on this forum by claiming themselves to be God's own balls due to their IT background.

3. veteran

veteran 2nd Lieutant ELITE MEMBER

to Mr.
    In India fighter designs and development work is done through ADA & ADE not by DRDO. Go to Basvanagar bangalore near HAL(wind tunnel road).
    listen chap don't fool other members. First the clearance comes from ministry itself its a hell long process and trust me when is say that. it takes a committee to review a design and then give thumbs up. i am sure you must be a member of that respective committee. give me the initials at least to who all other respective members you have with in this committee. long before i told you not to play this game..

4. OnePunchMan

OnePunchMan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    well no cure for stupidity i guess if they think they suddenly became an aeronautic scientist after being an IT engineer then they can't be helped im a CS background too with really good handle on CAD/CAM but even i wouldnt say shit like they have spouted (trust me i have read everything twice).

now lets forget everything sir i need your undivided attention the cost to incorporate a firm in india is Rs 100,000 so should we do that if you say yes i would be ready to share 30% of the cost of incorporation and with other forum members even chipping in a little we can incorporate and form a public front we need a face and a name to have a case to begin with then we need lots of people behind it we cant have it a aircraft proposed by some guy on a forum we need a name and organization and more people behind it.

so what are your thoughts about this and can you gather a capable team of 5-10 men to take it further if we do get some support from either government or retired officers or private funding there are lot of things i mean crap load to discuss to have a fighting chance here.

1)first we need to open a thread with all the people on this forum who will support the project through financial or material support and be willing to gather or do leg work on that
    2)then we need to layout a plan among that core team on a safer platform or in private and then work on that plan ie forming public opinion gathering people from other forums(indian ones of course) former officers or generally concerned citizens who are ready to support the project.
    3) you then need to find a core technical team (this will totally be your job )
    4) incorporate
    5)write,visit,ambush,protest the crap out of the officials who have pull on this matter i think thats a way to get us heard

what do you say about this.

HariPrasad likes this.
  5. OnePunchMan

Country Flag:
    India
    and we have seen the result of those committees and the so called experts working on that no offence to you personally but our DPSUs and government organizations are jokes and bunch of incompetent fools IMHO who lack any vision whatsoever
    If Vstol sir got a fully working design then we will fight for it unless we hear from PM himself that sorry we cant build your plane and explain it to us like we are 5.

6. veteran

veteran 2nd Lieutant ELITE MEMBER

chap Its a generic statement from your side and i take it that yes our policy makers as well as those in top level bureaucracy have not done justice more often than not. However the norms of the system is for everyone. Probably you don't know me and thats good . just go ahead and read my posts since 2010. i only write when i feel the need to step in. And i am sure you are very patriotic and want fantastic things for the men in uniform and thats good but keep your vision clear and don't be rusty in your approach. have fun and keep up the good work.

7. OnePunchMan

Country Flag:
    India
    so tell me one thing that is wrong with LSA apart from it being not a government supported project

can you deny

1) that IAF needs lots of fighter at breakneck speed to retire old russian migs.
    2)LCA mki1a is confirmed but mk2 is not even on drawing boards and as LCA was originally envisioned to replace mig 21 they have miserably failed in that regard despite having a time of 33 years and virtually failing in every step in sub system development.
    3) since lca mk2 a non stealth aircraft does not make any sense in designing it or making it in 2025-2030 so doesnt it make sense to make the LSA as lca mk2 and develop this design as opposed to non stealthy mk2 whose design even in CAD image is not present.

8. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Vstol's design has nothing to do with any MoD affiliated organization. It is a private project.

vstol jockey likes this.
  9. randomradio

He's already owned 2 companies. He can fund quite a bit of the project by himself.

vstol jockey likes this.
  10. cannonballs

cannonballs FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    @vstol jockey I don't know if present FDI laws allow this or not but it might be a good idea to pitch this plane to Boeaing as they are anyway finding it difficult to stay relevant in fighter aircraft industry and they are also increasing operations in india. Plus they have a lot of money and qould also like to do one over LM.

11. OnePunchMan

Country Flag:
    India
    im sure he can but i wouldnt mind helping anyway i really want people like him to succeed i need it he needs it and our nation needs it every but helps.

now what do you think about the plan about creating a separate thread for people willing to help right now all i see is lots of chaos with trolls mixed in and nobody to organize and what would be the best strategy according to you ?????

12. randomradio

Separate thread won't help, mods here can manage trolls. You will get trolls on other threads too.

But you need journalists to spread the word and someone powerful backing you within the private industry. You get a private backer, then the journalists will help.

You get the first basic prototype flying, everything else will fall in place. IAF will buy the jet when their test pilot goes supersonic without afterburners in the first prototype. If not the IAF, then the IN will.

vstol jockey and Sathya like this.
  13. OnePunchMan

Country Flag:
    India
    for separate thread my intention was to have a more private and serious discussion maybe share personal information among the willing members i cant even disclose my name or location in this thread and im pretty sure neither can vstol or you.

now coming back to the LSA shouldn't you think incorporating is the first step in making it a legit deal and plus more data to plead our case for the jet before government what happens if we blow it loud and wide without any official face or firm and if we are to get private backing wouldnt a incorporated firm be more in line to deal with them???? its the least we can do can't be some guys on a forum who proposed a fighter jet.

14. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    I would be happy to help when it reaches that point. I would need some 3d models etc....and much more free time heh.

Sathya and zebra7 like this.
  15. zebra7

zebra7 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes and No

No because
    1. Rafale was the strategic need, if we look at it in the light of the Deep Strike Capability of the IAF in the early stages of the war, when most of the enemy Airdefence is intact. You need an aircraft which could sustained fly at low level at long distance using the terrain masking and terrain following and could carry ordanace and could protect itself from the enemy interceptor aka could fight of its own when the airsuperiority haven't achieved in that zone.
    2. Earlier Jaguar was filling that role, but with the time, when enemy have acquire aerial EW and long range 3/4 D long range survillance assets, we now certainly need the aircraft like Rafale.
    3. For the Strategic point of view aka nuke dillivery using Air launch Cruise missile, which no other country except France could provide , we too need the Rafale.
    4. Rafale was selected looking at serving the IAF for the 40 years of plan.
    5. Strategic deals certainly would involve some of the tech. which could boast India forces capability such as core heart of the sensor fussion is the computational power of Rafale and other 5th Gen. capable fighter plane such as MDPU, which India don't have, which can increase the capability of the projected MK2 of LCA several folds.
    6. Strategic deal again because the only OEM that could help India actually is the Dassault and GE because the former have seen the LCA design from the start, and GE is the one that could help in airintake design of LCA and projected AMCA.
    7. As far as the AMCA is concerned, it is still the ADA project and still on the Design phase, but it is not the aircraft which could be used for general operation, rather for limited, specific operation such as striking the heavily gaurded, and heavily Air defence target to breach such adversaries.
    Yes because
    1. Fighter planes such as Rafale does not comes cheap.
    2. You can win battles with the imported stuff, not the war.
    3. Had we would be able to make the HF24 Marut a success, the story of Indian Aviation Industry would be different, and their won't be any Jaguar, Rafale, Mig 27 rather the AESA MMR, IRST, Avionics and sensors would be imported to have the world class DPSA and ground attack aircraft at our disposal.
    4. No one is going to give you the tech. which they want to sell you Rule XXX.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017