Light Stealth Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by randomradio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

I was referring to advertizing the LSA under the name of a private company, like Textron Scorpion. A Tata LSA sounds much better than LSA.

Crowdfunding doesn't work for military equipment. For military equipment the 'crowd' is IN and IAF.

Golden_Rule and vstol jockey like this.
  2. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel THINK TANK

Usually it depends on the project and how many people are seeing potential and returns in the investment.
    Further Vstols plane does not have sensitve tech developed by him that would be compromised as he is using off the shelf components.
    Maybe he should try crowdfunding as this project does not have anything sensitive.
    Further since you are having such ideas as promoting the product via journalists, getting them to ask for funding the plane is a bad idea?

3. BON PLAN

BON PLAN Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    You were one of the few saying 5 months ago and before that never India will take rafale. It's done ! so your prognosis about the future war with China is more than doubtful.

You analyze is fallacious and without evidence. Do you really think IAF top brass are less clever and aware of the military affairs than you ?

4. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

That's not crowdfunding. That's venture capitalism. You need venture capitalists for this project. The purpose of the journalists is only to advertise the aircraft for the advantage of the general public. So that the public knows that there is a homemade option available and applies pressure on the import lobby.

The MoD is going to look really bad if he chooses the F-16 or Gripen if a much better aircraft starts flying before the imports are delivered to the IAF.

5. somedude

somedude Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Afghanistan
    The Russians are bombing the FSA, not Daesh; and if Daesh is getting destroyed it's by French and American planes, because they are still there and they are the ones who are focusing on Daesh.

Russia mostly ignored Daesh, outside of Palmyra (which was then promptly lost again).

But as for killing civilians by dropping unguided bombs on crowded marketplaces, then sure, the Russians have been a lot more proficient than the western coalition. Everyone has their own specialties.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  6. neil_diablos

neil_diablos Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

50 year old Rafales? You know it really is incredible how you think the sun shines out of America's ass. Unbelievable! Better to buy a 240 million Rafale than a 500 million junk ass crap for a fighter like the F35

BON PLAN likes this.
  7. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    The design below is very close to the final design of LSA but the final is even more refined than this design. You can notice the excellent wing-body blending with outstanding area ruling of the fuselage in the design.
    upload_2017-1-18_17-55-25.png

8. SilentSpectator

SilentSpectator FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    She is a beauty !!! :india:

Sathya, vstol jockey and PARIKRAMA like this.
  9. Sathya

Sathya 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Please use all the thoughts thats possible to bring this into our force..
    I can understand how the odds are...
    But never give up hope... We will be always there to give encouragement.:cheers:

I am sad to see this design before it got agreed for the force .
    We could always ask about any progress in this.. But we don't want put pressure on you..

vstol jockey likes this.
  10. Sathya

Sathya 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Wish ALCA ( LSA ) & AMCA & FGFA fly in formation...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    AbRaj, SilentSpectator and Schwifty like this.
  11. HariPrasad

HariPrasad 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

I have already committed rs 5 lakh for the project. I was the first to offer that. I don't know whether @vstol jockey has noticed it or not.

Pundrick, zebra7, randomradio and 2 others like this.
  12. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, I had noticed that and I appreciate your help. But let me first exhaust all options.

AbRaj and HariPrasad like this.
  13. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I had posted on this thread that LSA has superior stealth compared to AMCA, F-35 and FGFA due to its shaping and by posting these three together you have highlighted that. Thanks.

Aqwoyk, Grevion and Sathya like this.
  14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    LSA can use the network of vendors created by Thales and Safran in India and use Reliance-DA JV to make fuselage and wing parts. The initial prototype structures can be built in France and shipped to India while we use the complete avionics architecture of upgraded M2K with modifications to create wingtip sensor pods like Typhoon. The Kaveri modified with Safran help can be the engine for LSA.

15. Flyboy!

Flyboy! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Since the design and the renderings are out , have heads turned ?