Light Stealth Aircraft

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by randomradio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

If you go by patriotic national interest, you should convince DM + IAF + IN for you to lead the LSA at DRDO+HAL. If you are driven by commercial interest, like @BlackOpsIndia suggested above, you should probably strategically partner with an international fighter AC manufacturer ... IP'ing your design always carries the risk of exposure to the rouges who do not have any respect them anyways

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I have tried the route you have suggested but at the end, MOD has to go by what the Scientific Adviser to RM has to say and that guy being from DRDO, he will never promote anything which is Indian and superior to DRDO designs. They wud rather import than support an Indian design.

Sathya likes this.
  3. Ved Mishra

Ved Mishra Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Seek an appointment with Modiji. If he is convinced no body has the balls to ignore you. Post UP elections.

Sathya and HariPrasad like this.
  4. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    This one of the route I am planning to take but with permission from RM only.

5. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

My honest advice to you is that you MUST go with an International player and make this successful so as to set an example for PM + DM + MOD + DRDO + IN + IAF for them to learn a lesson at a heavy price so that they will not repeat this mistake in future. Either way your goal will be accomplished, the latter more diluted than the former

vstol jockey likes this.
  6. Ved Mishra

Ved Mishra Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Very unlikely any foreign OEM will help. Unless @vstol jockey is hired by them. He has to get his design patented first.

7. HariPrasad

HariPrasad 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This will expose your design to others.

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Designs of aircraft can't be patented only something absolutely new in the aircraft systems can be patented.

Sathya and HariPrasad like this.
  9. Flyboy!

Flyboy! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    @vstol jockey sirji. Did you consider launching a defense startup so that people take you seriously?

10. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sorry for joining late in this party. Upfront, I know nothing about Aerospace Engg. But I know something about large scale systems integration and hardware software co-design. Few simple questions.

As much as I have seen, you want a brand new airframe with stealth, super cruise, internal weapons and instrument bays and/or carrier landing capabilities with avionics, engine, sensors, weapons suite and cockpit of an existing plane say EFT or LCA.

My question will be that it will mean you will need new flight laws and corresponding code (if it was FBW or PBW). IIRC even in LCA it took them a lot of time to just get this done while they were working with americans. How do you expect to do this in less than 10 years.

11. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I have replied to this question atleast 10 times here. Please read from page 81 onwards of this thread.

12. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    In next ten days, My company will be registered and I will approach DIPP for license to build Aerial, surface, sub-surface weapons and UAVs/UCAVs. I will also approach them for funds under "Startup India"

Hellfire, SR-91, Golden_Rule and 7 others like this.
  13. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I have read all of the posts from page 81 onwards, I can see a lot of arguments about internal weapons bay capacity and a light weight aircraft. I do not doubt that you can fit that much load, I can myself think of an arrangement; without making the aircraft fatter or draggier.

My question is more on the lines of how you will implement the airframe and the control laws for it. I do remember that you mentioned about Power by Wire else where. This was the crown jewels of LCA. They implemented a modern airframe with its control laws and a digital FBW and that has not crashed even once in all of the development and testing till date AFAIK. It took them quite a bit of time though and they also had collaboration with LM.

How do you plan to do the same in very less time?

Grevion likes this.
  14. randomradio

randomradio Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

The LSA is a stable aircraft. It cuts out 2 years in flight testing versus the LCA's RSS design. The tech for this already exists. Mk2 will be made with FBW at a later date.

LCA took a long time because they were doing everything on their own, by building new tech from scratch.

It's actually better if you read the thread from page 1. Pictures of the LSA are available as well.

Grevion likes this.
  15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I do not know how much you know about Relaxed Static Stability (RSS) FBW FCS and a Stable PBW FCS but to say it in very few words, most aircraft like LCA which rely on RSS will crash if the FBW fails for any reason. We have lost SU-30MKIs for this very reason but for a stable design, PBW design is same as FBW FCS in "Direct Law". Most FBW designs have 3-4 laws which are based on their degraded ability to perform the function. They are- Normal, Alternate, Intermediate and Direct Law. In Direct law, the FBW is completely eliminated from the system and you have zero protection against any kind of deviation.

Hephaestus and Grevion like this.