Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Macron welcomes his Russian counterpart Putin in Versailles

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by Picdelamirand-oil, May 29, 2017.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

Oh you need to elaborate on that - the realities in Lativa and Poland. You can not make a generalised statement. I am interested in knowing the basis for your claims as earlier.

Obviously, we will be heading into the historical baggage of all concerned from there.

Blackjay likes this.
  2. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

Do you forcefully reminding them the history of Polish Commonwealth and Soviet occupation?

3. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Quite simple. Don't take it from me, ask a Polish person, or a Czech or a Slovak.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw_Pact_invasion_of_Czechoslovakia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Healthcare_in_Russia#Healthcare_in_the_Soviet_Union

4. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Should I give a counter of the UK's history of similar acts of establishment of their authority by force/coercion? Falklands still remains under you!

https://www.falklands.gov.fk/our-people/our-history/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/blog/2012/feb/02/who-first-owned-falkland-islands

Or for that matter do you want me posting about the Scots, the Northern Ireland 'Troubles' and their genesis? I am sure the "reds" would pale in comparison :)

You are giving me history of Czechoslovakia when you were originally talking of - Latvia and Poland, for which I specifically quoted you.

You see, I do not need to ask them, because I have stayed in the two regions as also Russia and have a pretty good understanding of the relationships or 'lack' thereof between the nations even today.

As for the analogy of the Medical and Health Care goes, please recall the Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine 1st edition laying emphasis on the Clinical Skills of a Physician. It is only with the technological revolution of the 1980s in field of Medicine that it shifted to an instrument based Evidence Based Medicine from a Clinical Skill Set

The Russians teach Propedeutics (Medicine) for a period of 1 year before one even begins the study of Internal Medicine. The same is taught integrated for a shorter period of time based on the Hutchinson's Clinical Methods.

The emphasis was and still remains on clinical skill set.

If you were to look at their hospitals, they have an Infectious Disease Hospital separately, a Tuberculosis Hospital separately, etc. Yet every hospital has it's own emergency medicine and interdisciplinary backup.

1980s was the economically difficult time period for the Soviets. Yes, there were problems there then. But the fact that University of Edinburg had a reciprocal training arrangement with the IM Sechenov Moscow Medical Academy (1st Moscow State Medical University now)'s Nauchni Fakulti as also Lechebnoi Fakulti, does indicate a higher assessment of Soviet and then Russian medical training and working system.

Germany and Russia have historically followed similar training methods.

I am surprised that you chose only 80s to depict a problem and not the decade prior.

Blackjay likes this.
  5. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Falklands was discovered by the British, first walked on by the British, settled first by the French, with the British shortly after. Then Spain arrived, Britian and France came to an agreement with Spain, then Spain put some Argentinians on it, then Argentina became independent and tried claim the island, the people rebelled and the British turned up and kicked them the **** out. Then after 149 years, they tried the same thing again and the British turned up and kicked them the **** out again.

If your talking about East Germany, then yes, healthcare was shit there too. Watch Deutschland 83 which is based on real life events.

No country in Eastern Europe voted to remain in the USSR in the early '90s.

6. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
  7. Vergennes

Vergennes Strategist Staff Member MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    At least,that was frank.

8. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I might watch RT tonight just to hear them B***h about it.

Oh, too late.