Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Make in India for defence: UK ready for tech transfer to India to become ‘world beaters’

Discussion in 'Indian Defence Industry' started by layman, Apr 12, 2017.

1. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    The new engine being developed with RR help cud be the old XG-40 engine which was a test bed to design multinational EJ-200. It seems now UK wants to develop that engine afresh. The core of that engine cud easily be upgraded to 80KN dry thrust and over 125KN wet thrust without ruining its SFC.

2. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Well, you asked a question and I tried to help with 2 different sources. If you believe them or not is up to you and not the point for me in this topic.

3. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    You never produced any worthwhile sources. PKS is the last person I would believe & he has no credibility in this matter.

The sources themselves mix up IAF's Arudhra project & LRDE's MPR. How reliable are they, really ?

nik141993 likes this.
  4. nik141993

nik141993 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I think they both are different radar with same name ,one by Israel other by DRDO.....This one inducted back in 2011 was Israeli ELTA named Arudhra if i am not wrong
    [​IMG]

5. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

nik141993 likes this.
  6. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That shall be perfectly suitable for AMCA.

7. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Its better if we should stick to GE 414 EPE option for the commonality.

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    F414 is not an option anymore bcoz of the clauses which have been put by USA. We can't use any aircraft fitted with their tech or engines for nuke role.

9. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    Give me the link Sir if you insist I want to see it. And Pls give me the link where a country other than USA says that India could use Nukes using their weapon or platform directly.

10. arbit

arbit 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Both these issues (offer of partnership in advanced techs and past vanilla deals plagued with corruption) are different and frankly graft is least of my concern. Beg borrow or steal i dont really care as long as we get top notch engine technology OR get to partner in legitimate development effort with a party more competent than us.

China has committed tens of billions of dollars to develop this KEY technology and we should let go of the chance to get it because UPA was corrupt?

A_poster and layman like this.
  11. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I am not able to locate the link again but this is correct. It is bcoz of this clause that we are no more interested in any further talks on F414 engine with US.

12. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    No need of a link for a country other than USA: You use the French Mirage 2000 for this purpose.

Ved Mishra and Ankit Kumar 001 like this.
  13. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    The problem is , just like UPA , NDA too isn't touching anything which even has shadows of past on it.

14. zebra7

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes in the past, aka means the fighter planes used for doping the gravity nuclear bomb needs electronic shielding to protect them from the EPM radiation. But now the main delivery platform is BM and the cruise bomb from strand off distance. Nuclear or non nuclear will depends on the payload, which means if the french allows India to change the payload of SCALP ALCM, then you can do nuclear strike, otherwise use your own nuclear capable cruise missile, which needs the permission of the respective OEM to mate with the fighter planes other sensors.

Point is No country will Officially allow any other country to be used it as nuclear delivery platform directly.