Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Making Bharat Swachch since 4 decades, in conversation with the Sulabh Shauchalya man

Discussion in 'Education & Research' started by Guynextdoor, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

TOday, out of enduring shame, India is finally waking up to the idea of 'Swach Bharat'. Decades ago one man decided to take the one thing that no one would touch as his life mission. Brindeshwar Pathak began his crusade for 'Swatch Bharat' addressing the one thing no one would touch- open defecation and lack of toilet hygiene. He took it head on, openly talking about it and getting his hands dirty. Experimenting with new kinds of toilets for Rural Indians and innovating new business models for public toilets in cities.

he is a true hero, the very definition of a 'karma yogi'. Like Gandhi said 'be the change you want to see'. I think we can all agree that Pathak sahib lives that ideal. A hero and ideal.

https://yourstory.com/2015/08/dr-bindeshwar-pathak/

2. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I wonder why isn't he a brand ambassador for the Swacch Bharat mission .Apart from highlighting the benefits of his two pit toilet system , there's a message here for social entrepreneurs .

Blackjay likes this.
  3. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

he isn't 'cool' like Karina Kaif in our shallow society. I'd personally support a Bharat Ratna for him. best way to promote swach bharat.

4. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Much more than PM or an individual advertising Toilet for homes, its for people themselves to be forebearers of change. Unfortunately our people need an carrot and stick policy even to do basic needs. In the name of freedom opposition and ruling parties have made people lazy. But when someone changes law even with 6 months deadline. We will ask for extension. If not given, then protest.

I saw an article where inPM's constituency in Varnasi newly built toilets in a village was left unused and made to ruin. Such is our attitude.

Guynextdoor likes this.