Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Map shows world's 'most racist' countries (and the answers may surprise you)

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by safriz, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safriz

safriz BANNED BANNED

2. brahmos_ii

brahmos_ii Major SENIOR MEMBER

3. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Might want to read this amazing comment as well -

7 people like this.
  4. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    'India Is Racist, And Happy About It' | Diepiriye Kuku

Lot of sources point to India as being racist.

Brownian Notions

The prejudice NRIs exhibit is more complex than what they face

Sanjay Suri

racism

Cornered At Home

The northeasterner is made to feel alien in his own country

Debarshi Dasgupta

racism

Doubly Deprived

Dark-skinned babies find few takers at adoption agencies

Anuradha Raman

racism

Our True Colours

Before we rush to castigate Australia, we need to examine our own prejudices of region and colour

5. brahmos_ii

brahmos_ii Major SENIOR MEMBER

thanks for sharing the great info...

6. ricky123

ricky123 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I totally agree .. india is the most racist country in the world ...... we r so racist that we dont even know we are being one ...

it is so shamefull that Sharukh khan has to do a TV AD ..telling the youth of our country to use a Fairness cream for success in life .

or priyanka chopra , saifali khan .in fare and lovely Ad ... John Abraham even showin the Fairness meter .... day in and day out we r being told on TV that if ur not Fair u got no chance in life ... but no one objects to this in a Billion people

Trully shamefull

Dalits are being discriminated
    northeastern people are called Chinkis
    any person who is not Fair is called Kalia (without even thinking how it hurts the confidence of that person)
    think about this a young boy is called kalia from childhood cuz he is not fair ,he may not say it but it really hurts him .. i have few friends who are black and can clearly see they have inferior complex ...

if u think we r not racist tell me how many times did u see Sharukh khan promoting a Fairness cream and u said that is not right ???
    Damn we dont even have Rules for these things in our country :(

IF u see india and jordon both are been rated as the most racist ..

i know there r other countries who are racist ..but our country is the most shameless in this

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. ricky123

Country Flag:
    India

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  8. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

US, UK & Australia are the least racist and India is the most racist among countries?? Nice try...:lol:

Washington Post has updated the article to include an response by a professor who studies race & ethnic conflict

Below is his full response...from his blog post - Saideman's Semi-Spew: Comparative Xenophobia, part I!!

1 person likes this.
  9. safriz

safriz BANNED BANNED

loved it :lol:

10. ricky123

Country Flag:
    India
    [MENTION=9724]Sagar alias Jacky[/MENTION]
    there is no point in debating who is more racist .... surely we can come up with more evidence that usa is the most racist or Australia ..
    but we have to worry about our country
    recently there has been a petetion on the TV ad that sharuhk khan did .. but only 25k signed it

https://www.change.org/en-IN/petiti...campaign=37813&alert_id=XkyjNuEHfF_laiStSrxsQ

U can start the Change by signing it now

11. ricky123

Country Flag:
    India
    then u will love this TOO

learn to look at ur mistakes before pointing your fingure at others

1 person likes this.
  12. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

This is all a load of BS. In my experience many westerners are no more tolerant than Indians. They're only more polite about their sentiments whereas Indians are always fairly frank and do not adopt these thought-crime taboos so easily. Honestly, my preference is for always being straightforward about one's views or fears. Now, obviously I'm not claiming all westerners are racist but there's plainly a lot more nuance to the issue than one would get the impression from making blanket statements about the racial preferences of all Indians which are in and of themselves racist.

One silver lining to the recent global economic recession is it has uncovered how the supposedly more tolerant and cultured westerners behave when the chips are down. Greece now has gangs that roam the streets beating loan minorities.

Indian culture has managed to accept and successfully integrated peoples from all over Eurasia into its civilization over millenia. The US is analogous to India in this respect. However even in the modern world, the US civil rights movement lasted until 1968 whereas in the India, discrimination on the basis of background has been outlawed since the inception of its constitution.

Most of the most accomplished Indian mathematicians that have made unprecedented and valuable contributions to the field come from the darker skinned Dravidian south. These darker skinned people are proud of their community identity (and they have reason to be), in some cases to the exclusion of other communities however.

I will agree that Indian culture must do away with communalism of all sorts in order for India to approach its potential. Communalism existed in India before it was part of the British Empire but nobody can say the British did not exacerbate the issue to their advantage in dividing Indians to further their interests.

Indian diaspora, despite facing institutional discrimination in the west in the past, has over multiple generations been a model minority, outperforming not only the national average but in the US virtually all other ethnic groups in per capita success in academia, income per household, and lower incarceration rates. What do Indians have to learn from other communities?

Western nations themselves are not the models of tolerance they claim India must become. Yes, tolerance is enforced in some places more than others, but there is virtually no constructive model in the west for India to adopt in building a more harmonious society. India will not have its ethnic minorities ghettoized as Jews and Blacks are today in Europe. We don't have anything to learn from the supposedly more tolerant nations; not unless we want to copy the race dynamics and tension between communities we see in Europe today.

13. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

I'm not debating which country is the most racist and I've no issues in accepting the fact that India is also racist...but everyone knows for a fact that Australia, US & UK will be in top three in such a list...but here the survey results are based on inconclusive data & is misleading. And now the original article has been updated to include the response of an professor who studies race & ethnic conflict!!

In India, it's much more than the skin colour...and I don't think removing some ad is going to make a change. The petition should've been to ban all such stupid commercials...why only the emami ad?

14. kpmailit

kpmailit 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

[MENTION=8735]safriz[/MENTION]
    I find one more resource for anti-pakistani propaganda
    Top 10 Most Racist Countries in the World, Top 10 Most Racist Countries in the World - List Dose but there is no surprise as its obvious:

1) United States of America :rockroll:
    2) United Kingdom
    3) Australia
    4) Rwanda
    5) Japan
    6) Germany
    7) Israel
    8) Russia
    9) Pakistan:devilwork:
    10) India :cool:

2 people like this.
  15. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

Dalits aren't all dark skinned however. If I find an olive skin tone attractive and you find pale women most attractive and the other guy likes darker skinned women does that make us all racist? Racism and communalism go beyond skin color or preference for any given trait that may differ between communities.

I think we are fooling ourselves if we think getting rid of these ads will be targeting the source of the problem of communalism, or that people's ideas about race can even be influenced so easily.

We all know westerners love to preach to Indian culture. I will say it again, India has problems with communalism, but our problems cannot be solved by adopting western strategies for dealing with minorities because they haven't been successful.
    We are going to have ghettos in India if we try and become the next Europe.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.