Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

MARCOS and the Marine Commando.

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by AdityaMookerjee, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdityaMookerjee

AdityaMookerjee FULL MEMBER

The MARCOS is a Marine commando. It appears the Royal Marine is not a commando. The U. S. SEAL is being used as an elite counter-terrorism unit, as the identity. I feel, that using the SEAL in this manner, does not say anything about the marine soldier. The SEAL is under the command of the U. S. N. or the U. S. Navy, directly, perhaps. The Marine commando might have been a consideration, because the earliest Naval warriors, the Greeks, including the Spartans, used to board enemy ships. The Marine is supposed to board enemy ships. The SEAL use helicopters, and I suspect, they are trained to board ships. Perhaps, their training makes them descend from helicopters easier on land, after they train to do so on ships. It is as I mention really disappointing, when they are selected for missions like the killing of 'high value targets'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.