Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Massive anti-militancy operation launched in Kashmir’s Shopian district

Discussion in 'Internal Affairs' started by Agent_47, May 4, 2017.

1. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    They'll even bath in Ganga if you promise to join OBOR

2. An Indian

An Indian FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Oh this is interesting!!! Back in the '90s. The Church drove a lot of the terrorism in the NE. Weapons were even found buried in Church basements. MLA (Manipur Liberation Army) had significant support from the Church...

I'm just wondering if there is a connect across the years...

Veeran likes this.
  3. Vyom

Vyom Captain GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

If you are talking about Kashmir insurgency, I beg to differ. It was somewhat nationalist till 1990s when JKLF was active as a militant org. but it was killed off by Pindi for they didn't want an independent Kashmir, but a subdued one.

So what happened on one fine morning of January 1990? Those hate blaring mosques 24x7 for 14 years straight? As for the Documented part are you saying it about Prem Nath Bazaz or more contemporary Nidhi Razdan.

I would agree to this if it were 8th May 1987 on my calendar. (Pandits were perennially seen as "Agents of India", there are a lot more to this). Tourist would hear "Acha aap India se aye ho ?" in 1965, in 1975, in 1985 and even today. Not much has changed. That from a generation of pacifists, now extremists have emerged is because of New Delhi and equally because of Pindi.

Assured, the Only reason Kashmir has not become a Syria is because of the security establishment. The Salafi vs Sunni Vs Shia VS (some other Dumbphukery) fault-lines are almost Catastrophic today. It's a god damned Charlie-Foxtort today. The Political, Social, Sectarian, Security and Territorial situation is mind numbingly complex and all are sitting on a pile of gunpowder. The very edifice of all socio-political structure needs to be demolished and built from scratch if any thing lasting is to be attained. Kashmir will see nothing less than a catastrophic 30 years war for itself. Then Perhaps Peace ? I don't know...

Sam_, Bloom 17 and Hellfire like this.
  4. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    @Vyom

Valid points

Will reply in due time :)

5. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
    The core concepts of any Insurgency, as elucidated by me in the post itself, are absolutely not based on religion.

They remain based on three factors:

A protagonist of the existing order, an opposition to the same and a neutral group.

That remains the core concept. Now how is that religious?

Let us quote Victoria Schofield:

1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.33.22 PM.png
    5.png
    6.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-08 at 11.35.19 PM.png

Of course I posted the above sequence to highlight the acts of the Indira Gandhi led government, which provided fuel to a condition which was practically dead.

The divide was created by these actions, something which allowed the fringe MUF (I call them fringe as Jamaat i Islami and Jana Sangha, both had managed only a single seat each in elections of 1977).

This provided the MUF to level the same charges which the Congress levelled against the National Conference. Also, these antics, underscored the 'interference' in affairs of Kashmir as perceived by those who had anti-India agenda, and the same was 'reflected'

Please recall that the Jamaat i Islami has and always had the historical links with it's counter part in both Pakistan and Afghanistan, and a very strong salafist agenda.

It was the character of religion which was used by HM, which utilised the anti-India pro secularist approach of JKLF as a militant arm of Jamaat i Islami, which was propagated to fan the 'fear' of Hindu domination as in Maharaja's era as also reciprocal fear in minds of Hindus was stoked by both the acts of jana Sangh and later the Congress, who vilified the Abdullah Government in 1983.

So let us acknowledge the 'contribution' of everyone here

Last edited: May 8, 2017
    kaku and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  6. Vyom

Vyom Captain GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

What is the order that they are proposing to replace the current one ? :)

Indira Gandhi Fueled more insurgencies by her dictatorial attitude than any one in History the fall in general politics is by and large fueled by her antics. More so the ones is Delhi elite circles. (Reds,Punjab and Kashmir all because of Indira's folly).

As, I said it was somewhat Kashmiri Nationalism till early 90s but their dislike for India was always there. If you are aware of the two matches played in Srinagar Stadium one in 1983 and one in 1986. Do you know what happened there ?

Sam_ and Hellfire like this.
  7. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
    Absolutely.
    The West Indies - India Match.

Vyom likes this.
  8. IndianHulk

IndianHulk FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    There is no news from Kashmir on what is happening there, are we making any progress on clampdown? Looks like there is some major operation going on, however, I am only hearing casualties of forces.

9. alok31

alok31 FULL MEMBER

10. Butter Chicken

Butter Chicken Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Systematic targeting of Kashmiri informers,politicians,leaders,policemen and now Kashmiri Army men has started again

11. lca-fan

lca-fan Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Farooq meets Modi, says no Kashmiri want to go to Pak

Published May 10, 2017 SOURCE: DNA INDIA Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Farooq Abdullah on Tuesday called on Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him to address the current unrest in Kashmir Valley politically. He also demanded that the Centre dust out past official reports on Kashmir to seek a way out. During a meeting that lasted over half an hour, Abdullah briefed the PM on the growing unrest in the Valley. He urged Modi to take urgent steps to address the Kashmir issue politically, saying it was not a mere law and order problem. “Kashmiris are not Pakistanis. They have their own issues that need to addressed and they do not want to go with Pakistan,” Abdullah is learnt to have told the PM. He also reminded Modi that at the behest of the Vajpayee government, the Jammu and Kashmir assembly had discussed autonomy that was supported by two-thirds of the House. There are also reports of five working groups constituted by the UPA-I regime under then prime minister Manmohan Singh, as well as report of interlocutors. A group of Opposition leaders also met here to discuss the situation in Kashmir. The parties, including Left, JD(U) and the Congress, are looking to formulate a structured initiative to address the issue. CPM general secretary Sitaram Yechury also met JD(U) leader Sharad Yadav on Tuesday along with Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad and also met BJP leader Yashwant Sinha to discuss the plan of action.

idrw.org . Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website http://idrw.org/farooq-meets-modi-says-no-kashmiri-want-to-go-to-pak/#more-134230 .

12. lca-fan

lca-fan Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    34 Illegal Saudi-Pak Television Channels In Kashmir Blackout

Published May 10, 2017 SOURCE: NDTV Sheikh Abdul Kabeer starts his day with Quranic teachings on cable TV. But he can no longer watch his favourite religious shows. The curtains have been drawn on 34 allegedly unauthorised cable channels in Kashmir, including those beamed from Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. “We watch the Islamic channels because they have Quranic content mostly. We spend time watching such channels because we are illiterate people learning Quranic teachings. We can’t understand what benefit government gets by blocking the channels,” said Mr Kabeer in Srinagar. Apart from religious and news channels, a Pakistani sports channel, two culinary channels and a music channel have been blacked out as well. The Center had asked the state government to take immediate steps to stop the unauthorised broadcast. A fortnight ago, the government had banned 22 social networking sites in Kashmir. “Channels which are airing in an unauthorized manner have to close down,” said Javed Gilani, the police chief of Kashmir. “For the last 20 to 25 years, cable operators are running small businesses. All operators will suffer when religious channels are closed,” said Gulzar Bhat, a cable operator. Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti has recently asked national news channels not to portray all Kashmiri youth as stone throwing protesters. “I request the national electronic media not to show discussions on television that develop a hatred against the people of Jammu and Kashmir throughout the country,” she said.

idrw.org . Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website http://idrw.org/34-illegal-saudi-pak-television-channels-in-kashmir-blackout/#more-134224 .

Hellfire likes this.
  13. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
    Lion of Rajputana likes this.