Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Match against India is not revenge game of WC semis: Misbah-ul-Haq

Discussion in 'Sports & Entertainment' started by tariqkhan18, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Major Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    KARACHI: Pakistan captain Misbah-ul-Haq feels that it's important to concentrate on performing well against India in the Asia Cup rather than thinking about revenge of their World Cup semifinal defeat last year.

"We all know that it's going to be a big match but we are not looking at the March 18 game as a chance to take revenge for our World Cup semifinal defeat in Mohali," said Misbah.

"The World Cup is now gone and done with. Our batting did not click that day. We must focus on the coming match on Sunday," Misbah told Geo News channel in Dhaka.

The skipper also said the win against Sri Lanka in their next match would mean that they meet India with less pressure to qualify for the final.

"We are focusing on that match against Sri Lanka. If we can beat them...it would mean we play India with less pressure on us."

Misbah said that Sachin Tendulkar's long impending 100th international century would be weighing upon their mind.

"We will be looking for a win but we know that if we win and Tendulkar gets his 100th hundred against us it would overshadow our victory. So obviously these things will be in our mind when we play India," he stated.

He ruled out any pressure factor because of him being under threat of a one-match suspension for maintaining a slow over-rate.

"No there is no pressure on me because of that. You can't blame anyone for slow over-rate because in a tense and close match, time is lost. I am not thinking about a possible ban. We will try to ensure that we don't get fined again," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-semis-Misbah-ul-Haq/articleshow/12251216.cms

2. PatPak

PatPak FULL MEMBER

Semi final between India-Pakistan was fixed. I'm sure this match also will be fixed.

3. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    by ur logic they have been fixing matches since 1992. i guess that final was also fixed. :hitwall:

4. DragonKnight

DragonKnight Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Something which is fixed is your mentality

5. PatPak

PatPak FULL MEMBER

Whats the matter with the Bhartis?? Everyone is out on personal attack!!

Don't have the forum attiqquette to talk about thread topic, just indulge in personal attack??

Carry on Bharti.

6. PatPak

PatPak FULL MEMBER

7. Shreeram

Shreeram 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

If we fixed the matches we wouldn't allow Pakistan to even reach the Knock-Out stages..! Why did we draw the match in England? Why did we loose against South Africa? We were about to loose against Australia..? Why did all this happen! I would like u to reconsider ur irresponsible claims!

Just because Pakistan cant hold on to catches doesn't mean we we fixed! By the way the whole event was carefully watched by ICC - I dont think there would be any fixes..! It is just that Indians can play in their own backyard better!

AND WHY DO U HAVE TO SAY FIXED FIXED! YOU SHOULD GO AND GIVE UR TEAM SOME ADVICE ON ETHICS RATHER THAN CRYING AFTER LOOSING SAYING "WE LOST BECAUSE IT WAS FIXED" - WHO TOLD YOUR TEAM TO FIX THE MATCH!

MY ADVICE TO YOU - THINK 5 TIMES BEFORE YOU POST YOUR VIEWS

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  8. PatPak

PatPak FULL MEMBER

I don't get it why people get hyper seeing the Pakistan flag? Who said you (or India) fixed the match? ts the bookies who fixed it & yes I'm blamming Pakistan players only for allowing it to be fixed.

:frust:

9. PatPak

PatPak FULL MEMBER

I don't get it why people get hyper seeing the Pakistan flag? Who said you (or India) fixed the match? ts the bookies who fixed it & yes I'm blamming Pakistan players only for allowing it to be fixed.

Caps lock means you're shouting mate.

:frust:

10. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

The same is factual for Pakistani also that you people getting frenzied when you see Indian flag. Mr.Shreeram has just refuted you nothing else.

1 person likes this.
  11. Shreeram

No one is looking at ur flag and commenting! U think so.. Because u feel Indians are always wrong no matter what!

I can understand ur Irony.. So according to India did not book the match so who booked it may I know? Bookies from which nation? Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka? Which nation booked the Ind-Pak semis?

12. Shreeram

Dude I am still 16! :rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.