Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Medical Query Regarding Undescend Testicle .

Discussion in 'Modern Warfare' started by Tarun Yadav, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarun Yadav

Tarun Yadav REGISTERED

Hello everyone

I am an army aspirant . I have a query . when i was born i had one undescend testicle so it was removed by operation at the age of 5 . Am i eligible for army ? I have good physique and meet all the standards of army medical standards but nothing is mentioned about my problem . I searched many forums and got 50-50 result . I even went to army medical hospital but they didnt allowed me go in . Here anyone know army Doctor please help me .

Even Hilter had one testicle:rolleyes:

2. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt Major ELITE MEMBER

There are a few armies that don't allow it. I think even Indian Army doesn't allow for such problems.

I'd recommend you go to a Military Hospital, and talk to someone there. They will not stop you from entering a Military hospital provided you have an appointment. Which city are you from?

3. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I don't think it'll pose any problem.

4. Sanguine

Sanguine FULL MEMBER

^ Sir afaik, he can join the army. Having one testicle removed doesnt affect one's health in any way.

5. jagjitnatt

Indian Army's medical criteria is very strict. They even check for the depression in your arm pits. If its not enough, you're out.
    They do require your testicles to be free from any problems. I know this for sure. I don't know if they allow a single testicle or not.

6. Sanguine

Sanguine FULL MEMBER

^ Sir having one testicle removed is not considered a problem. after surgery the other testicle becomes safer than before. and it doesnt affect normal life one bit.

yes Army might still reject him as they have very strict rules. :smile:

Brother, you can just follow the normal recruiting procedure. and tell them about it, try convincing.. i'm hopeful they wont reject.

but if you ask me, i dont think you should even bother about it. just carry on with normal procedure.

7. jagjitnatt

Actually he shouldn't even talk about it. He should never reveal anything about it. Let the doctor check him.
    There is no hope for convincing in Army recruitment, because even if the doctor okays him, he will have to go through another medical when he joins the NDA or IMA. If the doctor finds out a problem then, the previous doctor who okayed him earlier gets into some deep trouble. That is why it is so strict in the army.

8. Sanguine

Sanguine FULL MEMBER

^ but if he doesnt tell it i dont think there's any way Army doctor can find this :undecided:

but i think even if he does, most probably he'd tell him not to talk about it and continue normally

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  9. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

Where Are You From ?

This are Medical Parameters

Medical Standards :-

(a) A candidate should have robust physique and good mental health.

(b) Chest should be well developed having minimum 5 Cms expension.

(c) Should have normal hearing with each ear and good binocular vision in both eyes. He should be
    able to read 6/6 in distance vision chart with each eye. Colour vision should be CP-III.

(d) Should have sufficient number of natural healthy gum and teeth i.e. minimum 14 dental points.

(e) Should not have diseases like deformity of bones, hydrocele and varicocle or piles.

(f) Should recognize red and green colours.

There's No Mention of One Testicle

I Advise you Better Consult an Army Officer Or Visit Army Office

10. Tarun Yadav

Tarun Yadav REGISTERED

I am from Jaipur . I went to medical hospital but they said to come with an army personal and i dont know anyone here , thats why i am asking on forums . I tried many emails but in vain and my testicle is disease free . They have mentioned two sex organ disease in medical standard and i m free from them . I know they check your testicles physically so their no chance of hiding . If anyone here know any doctor please let me know .

11. theeternallaw13

theeternallaw13 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

wat about flat feets????

12. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

This is what is mentioned in medical fitness regarding ginitals. I will advise you to go through the normal procedure and let the army board decide. However, do not hide anything if it is required to be mentioned in the forms. Although, undescended testicles is very common, the army board will have to look into the reasons like if the removed testicle was hypoplastic or retracted. There are many complications that cannot be discussed here. Keep your medical rocords from the hospital where you had your testicle removed ready with you.

13. Nirvana

Nirvana Major SENIOR MEMBER

People With Flat feets are Allowed In Army according to My knowledge , If they can Run and Walk Normally

14. GUNS-N- ROSES

GUNS-N- ROSES Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    testicals are checked physically so there is no chance of hiding.

15. jagjitnatt

No. Flat foot is a strict no. No matter how fast you can run. These things are not stated online, but the medical criteria is a LONG list, available only with army doctors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.