Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Members of UK ‘sex gang’ face deportation to Pakistan

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by WhyCry, Feb 11, 2017.

1. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    In a way that was a good thing . It awakens our judiciary and police to take Rape crimes very seriously.

Blackjay, Schwifty and SrNair like this.
  2. SrNair

SrNair Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Yup.BBC and Brits perfectly exploites the slight opportunity our media gave to them.Large protests had happened in South Africa due to rape issue .BBC was nowhere .
    In 1857,their aim was to subjugate and suppress us in the name civilized people in uncivilized land
    In 2012,well now reason was entirely different ,their lost crown jewel is challenging them and earning good reputation in world and growth .

Hangover is still in there and bites them.
    But irony is that even then and even now they have either dumbs or traitors from here to help them.

BBC is pro pakistani .For them 26/11 was gunmen not terrorists .

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  3. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I think the BBC was just following a story. Often the stories they latch onto are pretty random and you wonder how half of it even makes the headlines. But they are certainly selective, which is why I also watch international news stations.

AbRaj likes this.
  4. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Nah, they reported the Mumbai attacks as terrorism. I don't actually think they have it in for India at all, most private and many international news channels were also covering it. I think it was mainly the fact that a gang rape had occurred in public on a bus, with no/little witness testimony, that made it headlines, plus the protests. Large protests tend to attract correspondents like flies to shit.

5. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    They were rather obsessed with the issue that have dedicated almost half of their 'India' coverage for this. And then there are allegaions of rape culture & rape epidemic.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/...a-on-rape-do-they-have-to-omit-the-facts.html

SrNair likes this.
  6. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    The media always will be flamboyant with facts but there can also be a difference as regards how many actually get reported. But like I said, large protests draw in the media and yeah, your national media put the matter up for international attention, so international news made a story out of it.

7. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    And only BBC telecasted this very documentary with rape statistics cut out- this has been done with malicious intent.

8. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Notably BBC has two India correspondents-'experts' as they would call them, in propaganda I guess

The first one is White British whose job is to look down upon the natives like a typical 'gora sahib' & stereotype us. This guy also makes hideous irrelevant comments in almost every article about an Indian achievement.

The second is an Indian coconut whose job is the same. Apparently he gives the former a run for his money :lol:

Anyway, there is a wiki article on the same...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Indian_sentiment#BBC

SrNair likes this.
  9. A_poster

A_poster Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    No, they didn't. It was armed militant attack for them. I was like why stop at that, why not call them innocent moslems wronged by evil kuffar world. They are cucks to Muslims, so BBC not calling them innocent jihadi was like BBC saying: " I would suck, but not swallow".

Later on they changed their narrative to terrorist attack, but only after they were humiliated on SM for their cuckoldry. Sucking up to Muslims is constant for BBC. Just few months ago, they published a report of a British girl in highschool dying in Syria (in order to garner sympathy), while conveniently forgetting to mention that she was a Jihadi bride of IS. There was a huge outcry among Brits about it on forums when this was noticed.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    GSLV Mk III likes this.
  10. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
  11. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    They specifically used the term"gunmen " for these holy warriors

Abingdonboy likes this.
  12. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I know the BBC, and I think that's a stretch. They're sensationalist and selective but I don't think they were having a go at India. Rape just makes headlines.

13. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Because that's the term Indian police used when reporting it to them - see first video above.

When a story is new they (media and officials) will often deliberately avoid using the term 'terrorist' because that would be jumping to conclusions. E.g. what happens if someone shoots 30 people in the US, they say 'terrorists shot 30 people' but then it turns out to be 1 random lunatic with a history of mental illness who'd just lost their job. There are cases of mass shooting where terrorism has absolutely nothing to do with it, so they have to have the full facts before making that claim and the media will normally wait until an official calls it 'terrorism' before they use the term. That way they have a fall-guy if it's wrong.

Jumping to conclusions can damage a newspaper of media outlet's reputation, e.g. The Sun and the Hillsborough disaster.

14. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Please see that wiki link.

15. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    I don't know. But BBC certainly is not "innocent" here. They have a history of that thing.
    BTW I think its due to post colonelism.
    India back then was their biggest cash cow which vanished almost suddenly leaving UK a lagge of USA ( which once it self was its colony)
    I may be incorrect though.

Abingdonboy likes this.