Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Members of UK ‘sex gang’ face deportation to Pakistan

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by WhyCry, Feb 11, 2017.

1. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    During the Cold War, probably right. But on the 2008 coverage, people just read far too much into one word, which is reported as having been stated by the Indian police. And see above, they have to wait for the full facts before declaring it to be a terrorist attack. If some clown with a mental illness had shot 30 people, would you criticise the media for calling them a 'gunman' less than an hour after the attack.

AbRaj likes this.
  2. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I think its enough for this topic.
    Let's move on
    @randomradio close this thread

3. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    It was more due to Cold War allegiances in the past, sure news reporting was very biased back then, on both sides. They actually tried to be friendly with most ex-colonies. They even gave Mugabe a knighthood until he started being a complete clown. Talking about anti-colony sentiment in 2008 is like BLM in the US talking about institutional racism. You're seeing something that really isn't there. If the UK government really felt that way, they wouldn't have tried make a trade deal with India.

AbRaj likes this.
  4. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sir trade is not a good barometer of healthy relations. Eg US-China, Turkey-Russia, India-China.
    Trade is a self-interest.
    BTW I have nothing against British people. and I actually like that our companies have a healthy presence in UK

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    GSLV Mk III likes this.
  5. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That analogy fits the other narrative too- that post colonialist attitude still exist like institutionalized racism & the very idea of white supremacism. Anyway most of these much criticized reports are actually pro-Islamist than colonialist.

Anyway, British media's (particularly BBC's) biased reportage of India is a well debated subject in India- you can see such opinions on places like reddit's India subforum or quora. On a lighter note...

http://my.fakingnews.firstpost.com/media/bbc-journalist-sacked-for-writing-good-about-india-10594

Abingdonboy likes this.
  6. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I assume you mean 'relations'. Look at US-Russia, EU-Russia. Now to my mind, this reflects the relationship with previous EU and US governments, but really they should swap Russia with China in that equation. From the perspective of someone watching UK news everyday, it's very much Russia, Russia, Russia, Assad, Assad, Assad, Iran, Iran, Iran, and a few complaints about China. I don't even think anything negative has come up about India since that rape story. With Russia on the other hand, they'll go on about anything and everything. They went on about gay rights in Russia and the promotion of homosexuality to minors being illegal, when Russia held the Olympics etc.

AbRaj likes this.
  7. Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    i live not to far from where theres a lot of indians and pakistanis (lancashire)
    and as for 1947 partition, millions dies from the partition from both sides the bbc did a good documentry about it.

8. Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    no, not at all just a personal observation, dont think im racist, honestly i shouldn't have said it

9. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    There is no institutionalised racism. We in fact have the exact opposite now, which probably isn't good either. If you are an ethnic minority, it's easier to get a job, because companies like to fill their quotas to please the equal opportunities monitoring statisticians.

The news here isn't pro-Islamist. Pro-refugee and pro-immigration but not pro-Islamist.

Well I watch it everyday, and I don't detect an anti-India sentiment. Anti-Russia, definitely, anti-Assad definitely, anti-Trump too, definitely, crappy news in general often, but an anti-India stance is probably the one accusation I wouldn't fling at them.

10. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    Yep, I believe you.

11. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    I wasn't talking about their reportage in general, but their reportage on India- Pakistan, terrorism in India & obviously Kashmir is rather pro- Islamist.

Are you talking about the UK or the US ?

12. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I haven't heard anything even on Kashmir for years, unless I missed it. But Russia and Syria I hear about everyday, literally. It really isn't at all subtle when the BBC has it in for you, and you wouldn't need to analyse one word if they had.

Both.

13. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    BBC definitely like to take a jab at Indians

Capture.JPG

Abingdonboy and AbRaj like this.
  14. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    You should visit their website.

15. GSLV Mk III

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]

''the attackers first targeted a roadside eatery and took off in a white Maruti 800 with Punjab registration number. They shot dead a roadside vendor near Dinanagar bypass.

They opened fire on passengers of a moving Punjab roadways bus before targeting a community health centre adjacent to Dinanagar police station.''

Nopes, they are still 'rebels' - not terrorists or militants in any sense of the word.

Abingdonboy and Gessler like this.