Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Modi and team thought hard, but rejected Muslim candidates

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sinchan, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinchan

Sinchan Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi and his core team thought long and hard about fielding a Muslim candidate, especially after his September 2011 sadbhavana fast where he tried to reach out beyond his core Hindu constituency, but they developed cold feet and finally decided against it.
    There were many arguments in favour of the proposal: it could help soften his anti-Muslim image; and it could go some way in making him more acceptable to a pan-Indian electorate.
    But the plan also had a potentially fatal downside: it could alienate the BJPs core Hindutva constituency.
    It was too risky a gamble. This symbolic gesture may have confused the majority who see Modi as a saviour of the Hindus, a senior leader close to him told HT. More importantly, the conciliatory gesture towards the minorities couldve alienated the party cadre.
    So, Modi vetoed the plan despite his close advisors being keen on it.
    If this election has to be a springboardfor 2014, it is important to keep Gujarats majority sentiment in mind. There will be enough time for symbolic gestures later, the leader said, adding: The party may think of nominating a Muslim to the Rajya Sabha when the time is right.
    For the record, BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman, said: The sadbhavana fast was never meant as a quid pro quo (for gaining Muslim support). When there is a fight for every seat, winnability is important. We dont believe in appeasement.
    On the face of it, Modi includes all religious groups when he talks of bettering the lives of six crore Gujaratis, and Ekmat Gujarat (united Gujarat) is the main theme of the BJPs election strategy, but the core Hindutva ideology has never been toofar below the surface.
    There's another reason why Modi and his close advisors developed cold feet about giving a ticket to a Muslim. Keshubhai Patel's newly-floated Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) has not given any Muslim a ticket. The chief minister was apprehensive that his core constituency would drift towards the GPP if he did.

2. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    NAMO has given a very large number of seats to muslims in local body elections like corporation and Panchayat elections. And a very large number of BJP muslim candidates one those elections also. He had also finalised many muslim candidates for assembly elections but the Letter by Syed Sahabuddin and the controversy over that letter forced NAMO to decide against fielding muslim candidates as that cud have been interpreted that he too has started vote bank politics with muslims of Gujrat.

1 person likes this.
  3. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Con G, which considers muslims as darlings, has fielded just 7 muslims. Going by %age, it should have fielded about 17.

Moreover, Modi has shown that you can win without muslim votes too.

4. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

It's this kind of BS that drags a country to hell.

1 person likes this.
  5. Sinchan

U call urself indian.????? Shame on u.!!!! People like u making this forum hell for indians.!!!!!

6. Guynextdoor

yeah right...now you're giving yourself delusions of truth

7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Congress is full of such people. One of their cabinet minister had even organised fund raising for chinese in 1962 to defeat India and turn it into a communist country. he is someone called Red Hot Marxist Aiyyer.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Look | ‘The IB ultimately came to the conclusion that I was indeed a Marxist, but of the Groucho variety’

Congress is full of such traitors and all those who support congress are traitors.

8. Sinchan

Do u know guys, m thinking to put 5 peoples in my ignore list cause they not mature enough to talk with them. If u guys will sit in front of me and talk with me then i can leave u speechless, cause i have so many words to bash u. I can give u some good replies but here r so many member whom i like and respect so i don't want to hurt their feelings.actually i don't have any problem with any religion, i have thousends of friends and they r hindu ,muslim, and christian(sorry couldn't find any sikh friend) and i love them, and i belive that people like u also have muslim friends and Neighbor with whom u do spend ur time.how can u forget the contribution of muslims, we sacrified our lives in war of freedom, we countributed in every sector. How can u forget the contribution of APJ abdull kalam, who bring u oscar for 'jai ho' ,bollywood is nothing without muslims and actually this nation is not india without muslims or any other religion.India is not private property of any religion. Do u know..."i don't make india but we" and i would like to say someone a thing"Thook Kar Chatne Wala Kam Mat Kiya Karo, Bujurgo Ko Shobha Nahi Deti Hai"

2 people like this.
  9. WMD

WMD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

srry sir,
    but i've to disagree,
    cong. might be full of traitors but that doesn't mean everyone who supports cong. is a traitor
    because if its true then our country is not only governed by a bunch of traitors but those traitors r also elected by millions of people who also r traitors. this is simply wishful thinking.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    We had Indira, the Goddess kali as stated by Atalji in Parliament after 1971 war. We had Rajiv, I still get tears in my eyes when I think about him. Whatever tech progress we have made is bcoz of him. But the present set up of congress is all about using India as a nation to be exploited to fill their pockets. Congress has completely lost the plot.

11. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    In almost every state-
    Andhra Pradesh- Hyderabad
    Assam- Dhubri
    Bihar- Darbhanga
    Gujarat- Bharuch
    Haryana- Mewat
    J&K- The whole state
    Jharkhand- Ranchi
    Karnataka- Mangalore
    Kerala- Kasargod,Mallapuram
    Maharashtra- Aurangabad
    Rajasthan- Tonk
    Uttar Pradesh- Mau,Moradabad
    West Bengal- Murshidabad

For any non-muslim the above places bring sure pain,misery and in the end death by secularism/jihad.

12. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    Go ahead and do so. Look at the quality of bollwood today no nationalist movies being produced. youth being brainwashed in marxist/secularist propaganda. Look at the stars like shah rukh khan who support Talibani Zakir Naik or Aamir Khan who showed public support for Al-Qaeda by protesting US retaliation in Afghanistan. Imran Khan who also went with Aamir Khan.

1 person likes this.
  13. Guynextdoor

It's easier to build a political debate based on differences than on unity. Lazy people like VSTOL would rather dream about a paradise of hinduism with milk and honey than own up to the fact that his hindu right wing is mostly a degenrate bunch of power hungry lunatics who are no good...that even his own modi is a power hungry luntaic who will do more harm than good.

2 people like this.
  14. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    You seem to be describing your own party leaders like Raul and Antonio who are good for nothing power hungry lunatics

15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Vstol gave his best prime years of life from the age of 18 yrs to 32 yrs to the service of nation which had people like you who supported terror in India. let me first see you give that kind of life to the nation and than talk to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.