Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Modi Compromised National Security

Discussion in 'Defence Analysis' started by Guynextdoor, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

While I was against him because I thought he would make the atmosphere communal (which he has), I was sure of one thing- that would accelerate defense acquisition. Apart from not appointing a full time defense minister for a large part of his administration, he has blundered in major defense deals.

-Rafale- there is no 'technology transfer' issue involved. He just held it up to audit for bribes and to see if allegations of corruption against congress that negotiated the deal could be brought up. They, knowing he would do this, negotiated the deal to the final levels left the actual signing to him. Consequently, MMRCA is a dud. Over 3 years not one extra ounce of tech transfer has come. At 36 jets it is barely enough to make a dent in current force levels. Now the latest assessment is that in the last 3 years no improvement in war preparedness has come at all. Meanwhile he is wasting all his time fighting with opponents.

bhakt will come and pull out stuff from their rear to defend him like they always do. I hope they can pull Rafale from there too.

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/no-s...ion-shortage-1727862?pfrom=home-lateststories

2. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    NDTV

Anish likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.