Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

More muscle for India’s Andaman and Nicobar defence posts to counter hawkish China

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by lca-fan, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Ankit Kumar 001

Ankit Kumar 001 Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    India
    Let the 50 million USD be first allocated. Untill then...

2. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

Then ask the Army and IAF to establish such center. Don't say that this is not there job.

If they are not interested in this job, then these forces shouldn't expect that somehow by god grace weapon fall from heaven which qualify in every GSQR and ASQR.

One can't blame Civilian R&D center for that.

If forces not ready to take such matter in there hand, and blame others. Then don't expect somehow DRDO getting knowledge from heaven that somehow able to develop Martian technologies, in case even foreign technologies failing to pass criteria of forces.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    lca-fan likes this.
  3. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Except for 90% of all IN aircrafts, 90% of all current and future drones, 90% of all submarines. They are even replacing Indian replenishing tanker, with licence produced foreign once right? And I still don't get why we keep buying Russian Frigates?

The hype about INs national interest however is far far away from the truth, they are only in a better position to buy Indian stuff, because the Indian naval industry is far ahead of the land or aviation industry.

4. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    You're forgetting 'future submarines'.

5. GSLV Mk III

GSLV Mk III Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    How exactly? Tell me about one Indian shipyard which is among the largest in Asia. Or one which has ever built a LNG carrier.

Our domestic shipbuilding industry is miniscule & on ventilator if I must say. And they have their hopes pinned on defense deals.

Compare this to the Indian automotive industry- and we still can't get a damn ICV built here.

6. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

Nope, but the currently developed indigenous SSBN and SSN are only planned in low numbers, far below SSKs. That might change beyond P75I, but till then we will have a mainly foreign sub fleet.

Why do we always have to compare ourself's with the best in the world? Isn't it enough, if we belong to a few nations in the IOR, that design their own stealth vessels? That have their own naval ALH? That successfully developing sonar systems, light weight torpedos or other naval subsystems?
    We have more successes in the naval development side, than in any other field, but currently we are not really making the right moves to push it further. Buying foreign LUH in the same class of naval Dhruvs, or naval Puma class helicopter, instead of pushing for a naval IMRH, is just nuts. And if not for the naval surveillance, where would Rustom H be more useful?
    Even the fact that IN haven't ordered DRDO AWACS yet, for their shore based requirement makes no sense, because everything is better than Ka31 AEWs.

7. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    A&N needs a decent runway and a decent airport first. I have been there 6 months ago, there is nothing. IAF cant even place a squadron of migs there if it wanted to unless they have a secret airforce base on one of those islands I havent heard about. all I saw there was 2 coastguard dorniers, 1 P8i, 2 Mi series airforce helicopters, 1 Pawan Hans helicoper, and 2 cheetak coast guard choppers (i spotted them in the sky)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017