Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Multiple people killed in shooting at Texas church

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by Bloom 17, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Multiple witnesses told CBS affiliate KENS that several people were shot at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs.

Wilson County Sheriff Joe Tackitt told the Wilson County News that a man entered the church and opened fire. Tackitt said there were multiple casualties and fatalities.

Two law enforcement sources said the church shooting suspect is down after a pursuit, CBS News investigative producer Pat Milton reports.

At least 15 people were shot, but that number is expected to be higher, a law enforcement official told Milton. Of the 15 shot, it's unclear how many were fatalities.

The Connally Memorial Medical Center told CBS News it received multiple victims related to the shooting.

Dana Fletcher, a business owner in the area, told CBS News she saw a "ton" of sheriff's vehicles and ambulances racing down the road. She said she doesn't know what happened but said there was heavy police presence and people were being airlifted from the scene.

Video from KENS showed first responders at the scene, located about 30 miles southeast of San Antonio.

[​IMG]

CBS NEWS
    Special agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said they were responding to the shooting.

A law enforcement official said an FBI crisis response team is on scene to offer assistance to local police, CBS News' Milton reports.

The FBI will be offering evidence recovery, offering to check through databases to see whether this person has any connections to international terror to see if its a terrorist event or a domestic situation, Milton reports. She says officials looking into it but they don't know the motivation at this point.

President Trump said on Twitter that he is monitoring the situation from Japan.

"May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan," Mr. Trump tweeted Sunday.

[​IMG]Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

May God be w/ the people of Sutherland Springs, Texas. The FBI & law enforcement are on the scene. I am monitoring the situation from Japan.

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted his condolences to those affected in the incident.

"Our prayers are with all who were harmed by this evil act. Our thanks to law enforcement for their response. More details from DPS soon," Abbott tweeted Sunday.

2. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

3. Som Thomas

Som Thomas 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Any idea Who’s the perpetrator?. Is it a Muslim?

4. Bloom 17

Bloom 17 2nd Lieutant IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    I don't think so. I'm not sure.

But suddenly the US started to look more like the Middle East. Deaths by Terror attacks have gone up and ppl are just moving over it like it never happened. 5 years ago this would be the biggest social issue discussed for months, but now it runs on tv and social media for 2 days and people forget it. I can feel the change in the atmosphere since I have moved here.

5. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Nope, 26 year old white guy who served in the Air Force at some point in time.

Som Thomas likes this.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Some say it was a Anti-FA protestor.
    RIP to all the dead :(

7. somedude

somedude Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Afghanistan
    The profa are claiming that, because of course they are; but you shouldn't listen to them.

Turns out the motive was personal vengeance, he wanted to kill his ex-wife's family because he was upset about divorce. And he got divorced because he was a wife-beater, and he had been expelled from the USAF because of his behavior. None of that stopped him from being able to legally buy several assault rifles, because that's how America rolls.

Flyboy! and InfoWarrior like this.
  8. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Who had a conviction for domestic violence and shouldn't legally have had a firearm.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  9. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Yup, no clue how he slipped through the cracks. The guy beat up his wife, cracked his infant stepson's skull, and had been texting threats to his mother in law for some time now.

Worst part is, rather than calling for more stringent checks, the Republicans/gun lobby here are trying to spin this as proof that background checks don't work, and instead they want to focus on the random citizen who shot the shooter, turning this entire episode into pro-gun propaganda.

InfoWarrior likes this.
  10. BMD

BMD Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    My guess is that because he was in the USAF at the time, he was tried by a military court and it wasn't formally fed into the civil criminal database.

Well actually if I was the gun lobby, I would simply point out that laws were already in place to prevent this individual getting a gun, but they weren't properly executed.

omya likes this.
  11. omya

omya Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    white bernie and democrat supporter

12. somedude

somedude Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Afghanistan
    Do not spread alt-right lies.

InfoWarrior likes this.