Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Namma Metro Anger Over Hindi Signs Is Part Of Growing Trend

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Guynextdoor, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor BANNED BANNED

Blackjay likes this.
  2. ASHOKSINH GOHIL

ASHOKSINH GOHIL FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Bengaluru is a mixed city today, with people from more than 25 states and many countries. A city that has a mixed profile of people as ours cannot afford language jingoism, even for the sake of frivolity. We need to adopt tri-lingualism with gusto on the Namma Metro network. The prime language must be Kannada, supported by Hindi and English — in that order. This respects multilingual Bengaluru. Those who use Namma Metro come from across socio-economic segments of society. Some will know Kannada, some Hindi and some only English; a few will know all and more.

i dont know what is problem, when priority is given to their regional language.
    south people may think that speak and know Hindi affect to their regional language.

then why they are not opposed to English Language and opposed western country imposing English on them, because we often see that today some of today's generation know only english and dont know other languages even regional as well.

I am from Gujarat....i know gujarati and Hindi
    in Gujarat we speak Gujarati while going to other state i can talk in Hindi...in this what is problem if their is sign board in Hindi

i think every person has to fist learn their regional language, then National language and third international language.
    this Anger is may only for a political purpose
    [​IMG]

3. Butter Chicken

Butter Chicken Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I believe every kid in India should learn 3 languages- English,Hindi,and Regional(if not Hindi)
    Millions already know 3-4 languages.

4. SrNair

SrNair Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Wolfpack and Lion of Rajputana like this.
  5. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

This attention whoring is being promoted by your missionary brothers and NGOs, and no one outside NDTV office and Lemurian Twitter gives a damn about language issue.

Failed Congis are trying to milk language issue, but they are limited by the fact that linguistic chauvinism was never strong outside TN, and it has grown even weaker due to incursion of English in life of people.

Wolfpack likes this.
  6. Sathya

Sathya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    if three languages are displayed i have no problem..
    only if 2 or 1 then only problem starts.

7. Guynextdoor

the article very clearly points out what the real issue is. It's not that the govt needs to have a hindi bias, with a clear intention of winning UP they're trying to pander to hindi supremacists by doing such stupid things. I've always found the concept amusing- the most backward state filled with illiteracy, superstition and poverty has people who se only goal in life is to see the most developed states adopt hindi. I think they should take up Malayalam/ Kannda/ Tamil etc. They might actually develop.

Itachi and Ghanta like this.
  8. Guynextdoor

if hindi spuermacist get their way, say goodby to mallu.

9. Guynextdoor

yeah soon much advantage Bangalore will get by prioritizing Hindi over English...the entire 150 Billion IT industry built on English can become 300 Billion because the whole world is learning Hindi to replace hindi. English has been around for 300 years. Put up with it, it is as Indian as it gets, and it puts FOOD ON THE TABLE for millions of Indians. Unless you have a way of converting language pride into food to eat keep your hands off the south.

kiduva21 likes this.
  10. ASHOKSINH GOHIL

Country Flag:
    India
    :big_boss:then why you do not support to prioritize English over regional language. then every people has to first learn english so IT Industry will grow more fast:argh:
    already state is divided on the basis of languages.
    and this type of anger divides us

11. Guynextdoor

and who says English hasn't been de-facto prioritized? These kinds of 'anger' can be avoided if the original Nehruvian compromise of all states sticking with their languages is continued instead of trying to impose hindi on people who really don't need it.

12. ASHOKSINH GOHIL

Country Flag:
    India
    means you really think that English should be prioritized over regional language? :surrender:then i heads of your thinking MAJOR
    you are like Barkha Datt:girl_wacko:

13. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    An issue is being created of a non issue. Bangaluru has very large non Kannada population like Pune without Marathis, like Hayderabad without Telugus and Chennai without Tamils. Those people who come to work from all over India, may not know the local language and let us be very clear, daily traveller is always a professional or an employee. They need to know the directions. Using three languages namely, local, English and hindi shud not be objected to at all as the local language has been given its rightful place.

14. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I really want to know how are Kannadas happy with the taxes they get from non kannada workers and not willing to let them have even the right to know their directions in a city they work? How goddamn stupid. Today's newspapers are full of story about a man lynched on a train. The fight was over a seat resulting in communal debate and finally lynching. We now have a twist that it was about beef. tell me how long will we take this bullshit forward that killing of every muslim will be called an act of beef ban.

Wolfpack likes this.
  15. Guynextdoor

you know we've taken care of open defecation...maybe you guys ought to take care of those things instead of Hindi rashtra basha type stuff. About time you guys joined the mainstream.