Narendra Modi and India will Prevail

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by tilopa, Dec 5, 2012.

1. tilopa

tilopa SENIOR MEMBER

Any dispassionate observer of India would agree that India is underdeveloped in practically every sense of the term. What’s worse is that India has always had the potential to do much better. India’s failure to develop is a disappointing tale of how disastrous lack of able leadership can be. India does not lack any of the factors – material, social, cultural – necessary for development, and yet it consistently failed to reach an easily attainable goal. For decades on end, India has been on the verge of changing course but slides back into the status quo. One is forced to the inescapable conclusion that the political will to develop is missing.

Economic growth and development is not just a matter of economics. Economics informs the question of economic prosperity – which is the necessary foundation of development — but it alone does not determine the outcome, any more than a map determines the destination. The map helps in reaching the destination but the destination depends on the objectives of the traveler. The objectives of a country’s leaders translated through the policies they espouse dictate its fate. Political will is the guiding light that illuminates the path to success or failure. India’s failures can be directly attributed to the myopic, self-serving, unintelligent, uninspired and uninspiring leaders it has had the misfortune to have.

Perhaps a country deserves the leaders it gets. In any complex system such as a large economy, circular causations and feedback loops ensure that many of the variables are determined within the system. A prosperous society wisely chooses good leaders, which in turn makes for greater prosperity, which then gives rise to even wiser leaders. Countries can get trapped in vicious circles of poverty and poor leaders, or rise in a virtuous circle of enlightened leaders and rising prosperity. It is rare but not entirely impossible that a leader out of character with the prevailing scenario emerges and dramatically changes the trajectory of a nation. Perhaps the change in leadership happens because of an invisible underlying change in the collective character of the people. An old Indian saying says that when the student is ready, the teacher appears.

One can sense a change in the collective consciousness of India. It is barely perceptible but it is growing in intensity. It is this: people are realizing that India is missing committed leaders who care about the country and not about their own enrichment at the cost of the country’s future. People sense a change coming about and that India will finally be able to achieve its potential. However, change always threatens those who flourished under the old order.. Even as the emancipation from the chains of servitude is around the corner and the sweet smell of freedom is in the air, forces inimical to progress and change rise in synchrony to keep Indians chained to backwardness and poverty. Indeed they are the ones who engineered India’s poverty for their own selfish ends. India’s progress is not in their interest and quite expectedly they struggle the most against the change.

All these musings were prompted by the case of Shri Narendra Modi. Around ten years ago, Gujarat’s fate changed and Narendrabhai became the Chief Minister of the state. I have keenly observed his leadership over the years, with growing admiration and respect for him. As a student of economic development, I have learned that development is a function of economic policies, and economic policies are derived from objectives, and leaders have objectives. So in a sense, if you follow what a leader does, you can deduce his or her objectives.

What Narendrabhai has achieved in Gujarat is worth marveling about. Much has been written about Gujarat’s progress under his leadership and I will not repeat it here. What’s worth noting is that he has achieved all this while under adversity. The more he achieved, the greater the threat he presented to the powers that be; and consonant with the positive changes in Gujarat, they increased their campaign of ruthless vilification and character assassination against him.

Adversity, it is said, reveals character. Shri Modi is study of how to meet adversity and overcome them with grace, intelligence and single-minded dedication to the goal of advancing the national interest. He epitomizes the strength that a warrior gains from the attacks by his opponents. The greater his achievements, the larger the threat he poses for those who want India and Indians to be backward and poor, and the more intense their vicious attacks on him.

May you live in interesting times, the Chinese curse says. We certainly are in for some very interesting times – but in our case, it will be a blessing. Narendrabhai’s achievements in Gujarat have awakened many Indians to the possibility of change and progress. They are saying, “If he can do that for Gujarat, it is time for him to work on a larger scale and do it for India.†The possibility of India being led by Shri Modi strikes fear in the hearts of India’s enemies. This is quite understandable because they cannot bear to see all their work undone. If India wins, they lose. The list of India’s enemies and Modi’s enemies is one and the same. I am sure that the war against Shri Narendra Modi will only intensify but that in the end, he will prevail because India prevails.

Atanu Dey on India's Development » Blog Archive » Shri Narendra Modi and India will Prevail
  2. Kejriwal4PM

Kejriwal4PM FULL MEMBER

Empty rhetoric - characteristic of Modi brigade.
  3. tilopa

tilopa SENIOR MEMBER

Look who's saying...khujliwal who has made his fortunes with rhetorics :evilgrin:
  4. Trendz

Trendz FULL MEMBER

5. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Brigadier PROFESSIONAL

Country Flag:
    India
    National Emblem of India - Ashok Stambha
    National bird of India - The Peacock
    National flower of India - The Lotus.

and then, we have

National joker of India - Arvind Kejriwal.

He deserves to be laughed at every time he opens his dirty pie-hole. After seeing him, my faith in even corrupt politicians of Congress has been restored a bit. At the least they are not as casual and unintelligent like him, if they are reformed, they can take the country in a proper direction. But Kejriwal, Nah, he is just a joker, the court jester. At best he deserves to be laughed at, at worst, he deserves to be beaten to pulp and paraded naked through the streets of Delhi while he is bombarded with Chappals, rotten eggs and tomatoes.
    How morons like Khejariwal becomes IAS ??? Was he a quota variety? These kind of ill-functioning IAS officers are also responsible for bad governance in India.
    2 people like this.
  6. Kejriwal4PM

Kejriwal4PM FULL MEMBER

Just when Modi's development hype balloon is starting to look ordinary and his mega loot scams are starting to tumble out, the Modi brigade starts going crazy.

And look at this guy Vstol's violent rage and his derogatory casteist remark.. appalling!
    Its a shame.. real shame, that such cases were once even part of the armed force! I surely dont want such characters and their ring leader running my country.
  7. tilopa

tilopa SENIOR MEMBER

"and his derogatory casteist remark"
    you are really good at making stories naa ?
    Where the hell is a derogatory "casteist" remark anywhere?
    Do you even realize that Modi is a schedule cast ?

But oops...logical thinking is unheard from the khujliwalas!
  8. kaykay

kaykay FULL MEMBER

but the good thing is you will find majorty in anywhere as modi supporters.....so fear!!...hhahaha
  9. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    you guys love US Dollars. That too in lakhs to stall development and create histeria to weeken the nation and allow enemies of the nation to push their agenda. Thats why you went to tamilnadu to stop those nuke plants.
    You guys are enemies of this nation and shud be treated like Kasab & gang. You have never replied to any of my questions and I am sure you will not reply to even ford foundation Donation. God only knows who all are giving you guys money. you have done a gud job by creating a political party as now you don't even have to share with GOI the names of your donors and Even Hafeez Saeed can fund you thru Dawood with money. I put you in the same league as traitors for taking money from foreign firms to propagate their agenda in India.
  10. Kejriwal4PM

Kejriwal4PM FULL MEMBER

Vstol said: How morons like Khejariwal becomes IAS ??? Was he a quota variety?

May be that is everyday talk to you too. So, you dodnt see anything wrong in that.
  11. rcscwc

rcscwc SENIOR MEMBER

He was in IRS, not IAS, was not on quota seat.
  12. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    pls read Gandhi-Ambedkar Pune Pact. You will know that Ambedkar had only asked for reservation in legislature and had accepted competition as the sole criteria for induction into jobs.
    Poona Pact
    Pls read para 8&9 of the second part of this pact. The BSP website has ommitted these paras. very few know that as per this accord anykind of concession in qualifications for jobs for SC/STs are wrong.
    So when I see such morons like Khujliwala, I am forced to think if had been a product of such concessions.
    1 person likes this.
  13. Kejriwal4PM

Kejriwal4PM FULL MEMBER

Nope, you clearly used it in a derogatory way. Its out there above, and readers can judge it for themselves. No sugar-coating can hide your casteist prejudices. I dont know how such SOBs were inducted into armed forces.
  14. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Armed forces have officers with guts only and who do not need any reservation and concessions to be there. Only two exams are conducted by UPSC for 12th class pass men, NDA & SCRA. You need balls of steel to get into NDA. Enemy does not fire at you or give any concessions to you for being a dalit.
    I am proud of my profession and 99% of Indian armed forces officers are like me. We take pride in our nation, our uniform and our abilities. we do have some cowards like you and Khujliwalas. We do not use a corrupt political system to stay posted in Delhi to further our ambitions, we get posted to areas regularly where you have to face enemy bullets rather than green bucks with pix of Gandhi to fill our pockets like Khujliwala. I have been born and brought up in Delhi and my own classmates have served with Khujliwala and they are feeding me info about all those people from whom Khujliwala took bribes to settle their cases as an IRS. It will all be published.
  15. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Can you pls explain that while uncompromising and upright IAS and IPS and IRS officers face regular transfers in very short time, what was so unique about Khujliwala that he remained within Delhi with his wife for his entire tenure. This only means that either the guys who claim to be honest for having been person non grata by their political bosses are lying or Khujliwala is gods own creation who was never posted out even after going against his political bosses.
    Khujliwala served Congress and is corrupt to the core. that is a fact. Ask anyone from IRS in Delhi and they will tell you. How much property does he own and what are the additions to what his grandfather left for his father and what are the additions to it once he became IRS officer? Duniya sab Jaanti hai. You guys are playing a game and are we. You have shown your move, we have not. yeh admi jail jayega for corruption. Mark my words. whatever I have predicted on this forum has some how always come true.