Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Narendra Modi completes 10 years in office today

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Karthic Sri, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. True_Indian

True_Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

That will do the job.

2. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

No Ram Rajya is the best name. Ram, Krishna, Mahavir, Guru Nanak, Gautam Buddha represent the vibes of this nation. Anybody who has problem with these words does not share the vibes of india.

Give a thought to why the logos and emblems of almost all the major institutions of india have Sanskrit quotes from vedas and Geeta.

Republic of India is also known as Bharata Ganarajya

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  3. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

People fail to distinguish between cultural, religious and social issues. It is the same reason why all Indians Hindu-Muslim-Sikh-Isai should be proud of their own heritage and Ramayana and Mahabharata, the vedas etc. are part of the culture. Do the Greeks disown Zeus or Apollo or they say Homer's Illiad and Odyssey were written by heretics and Aristotle was a heretic hence we christians won't talk about him or that Alexander was not Orthodox Christian hence he shouldn't be remembered.

Do the Iranian speak Arabic or they still speak Farsi and are proud Persians though their religion is majority Shia-Islam. Do the Turks speak arabic or stick to turkish and ottoman culture even being a muslim majority state. Religion has got nothing to do with Culture and Ram Rajya is part of the cultural folklore.

Indonesia's PM was called Sukarnoputri (a sanskrit name) but she was a muslim, again the same cultural heritage and she was a proud muslim in the world's largest muslim populated state with a sanskrit name. Same with the pre-christian romans and the vikings.

There is nothing communal about Ram or Ram Rajya and all Indians should be proud of it. In fact, Indian muslims would be welcomed with open arms if they shed their pre-occupation with arabic culture which they were not part of and embrace the wonderful cultural heritage this country has to offer. Nobody's religion will be under threat by embracing the mother culture.

1 person likes this.
  4. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

now this was what i want to know,so if u r ready for the opposite side,problem solved,ya no problem with Ram rajya

5. abirbec04

I beg to disagree ............ Jesus, Mohammed, Abraham, Zoroastor etc. were not born in India and are not part of the greater Indian cultural heritage. Ram, Gautama Budhha, Guru Govind Singh, Mahavira were born in India and thus part of Indian heritage. Do not mix culture with religion. Religiously Jesus influenced Christianity, Mohammed influenced Islam, Abraham influenced the Jews and Zoroastor influenced the parsis. Indian culture has nothing to do with them, their influence is purely religious. But Sufism is part of the Indian culture.

Hence Ram rajya is universally Indian in nature just as Zeus and Alexander are greek/macedonian in nature. Cultural heritage has got nothing to do with religion and all Indians should be proud of their cultural heritage and not be hypocritical in saying Ram Rajya to mean an ideal state.

1 person likes this.
  6. True_Indian

Don't teach us patriotism...nobody will become less indian just because he doesnt support ram rajya theory..
    indian is a secular country..and i will not accept any thing less than secular..existing or in future.

1 person likes this.
  7. True_Indian

Culture is always mixed with religion and several things also..
    and what if jesus, muhmad didn't born in india..their teachings came here and accepted here and it has become a part of indian culture..arebic, suriyani, english all is a part of indian culture now..culture is not stagnant..it changes..today it is different, and Tomorrow it won't be the same.

8. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Ram Rajya is a concept of a nation free from all problems and yes SECULAR too. The term "Ram Rajya" is given because of the living conditions of the people under Lord Rama. It has nothing to do with being secular or anti-secular.

1 person likes this.
  9. abirbec04

And majority Indians have accepted their teachings but that does not mean we will forget our own glorious past and become communal when proclaiming simple terms like Ram Rajya. Ram is as much a heritage of any Hindu born in India as he is for any Muslim-Sikh-Christian-Parsis etc. Guru Nanak is the same. Gautama Budhha is the same but unfortunately culturally speaking Jesus Christ is not an Indian heritage, He is claimed by Bethlehem and Jerusalem. He would be part of the Indian fabric if Holger Kirsten's speculation that "Jesus lived in India" is true. Until that is proven he is not part of our cultural heritage, but social heritage and induced cultural and historical heritage through his followers enriching the Indian society.

Ram or Ram-Rajya is not communal and as a historian I can attest to the difficulties in understanding the fine denominations between cultural, social and religious heritage. I had a hard time understanding this in the beginning as well.

1 person likes this.
  10. prototype

correctly analysed,Sufism is a part of Indian culture as well as Buddhism,budhism have its roots deep in India,but still the word Ram is used,people r not ready to accept other terms,and they say this had nothing to do with religion,now what is hypocracy

Now u r actually stepping both sides of the line,on one hand u say culture does not have anything to do with religion,other side u term other's influence as religious yet ram is not in the same column when it is a well known fact that Ram is a Hindu god and his influence in our culture is very much as a part of religion

11. True_Indian

there is same concepts in bible..
    in Kerala there is mahabali rule..
    so i would take good ideas but not under any religious name..i am more comfortable with out ram name..

2 people like this.
  12. abirbec04

It is simple my friend ...... Budhha never said anything about Budhha rajya nor did any of the sufis or mahavira or Guru Govind Singh or the Guru Granth Sahib.

Ram rajya is described as an ideal state where there is justice for all and bla bla bla. But this term was first extensively used in Ramayana, one of the four epics, and not in other sources such as Vishnu Purana or other places.

Ram Rajya means rule of the righteous, whats wrong with that? That Ram was an avatar of vishnu is debatable as it is purely religious in nature. But Ram as a king described in the epic ramayana is somewhat similar as a protagonist to Odessius from the greek epic odyssey.

Ram rajya is not communal but part of the fabric of Indian conscience. The more you deny it, the more you will realize it.

1 person likes this.
  13. prototype

hahahahaha,that was little funny

ok no need to run in circles,i dont want to reiterate what i just said now,i am not an atheist but does not view gods from the mirror other's watch

and i dont want to comment about the existence of ram,or what was described in Ramayana since i had earlier involved in a similar kind of argument in an another thread,here everyday we r all just reiterating what we said the earlier day

And what ever u consider this ram rajya,an ideal state,a society of justice and whatever else,i fell whats the need,u can even have a good society without such a collocation

14. True_Indian

^^ yesterdays culture was todays heritage..that culture got many influences and changes in every period..and it continuints to change..
    today we have a different culture..a mix of all past and present influence...tomorrow it will become a heritage too..and all originated here and brought from outside will become a part of it...
    while accepting and heritage..i am looking forward for a more secular and kind of system where all possible religious symbols stay out of politics and govt..

15. prototype

u brought a very good point,according to religious contexts Kerala was said was in its best state when mahabali ruled the state,who actually belonged to the demon's hierarchy,so I can think malayali's can now derive a new term mahabali rajya,but actually how many in hinduvta brigade support it,on the other way,just i said earlier why u need a collocation

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.