Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Narendra Modi completes 10 years in office today

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Karthic Sri, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brain_dead

brain_dead Captain SENIOR MEMBER

ure i.d. is true indian.
    in hindi we would call it saccha bhartiya.
    so are u going to have a problem with this becoz according to u bharat word is derieved from hindu culture..?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. brain_dead

its correct arguement.
    u said people should be given choice.
    what choice ..?? u cant get any choice for commiting a crime.
    the same a an human society ought to be ideal, vat choice can u demand about this ?

3. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Let me clarify a lot of things. There is ambiguity among Hindus even about the true nature of their religion as the ancient texts of the vedas are not readily available and sanskrit is a dying language.

Hindus believe in Monism which means God and creation are not separate and God is the Universe. So, you can find essence of God in each and every object that is present in the world because the same celestial cosmic energy is flowing through them. But Hindus do believe in one God, the Parameswara. He is the supreme one, He is the source and unto Him all the energy flows and from Him all energy emanates. All the Gods and deities millions of hindus worship are just manifestations of the one cosmic energy. One is all and all is one.

Judeo-Christian-Islamic philosophy is a little different. The one God concept stays the same but creator and creation are separate. The Universe in this case is God's and for a Hindu the Universe is God. Big but subtle difference. The Christians in order to accommodate so many Gods and Goddesses of the pre-existing religions of the Romans, Greeks, Scandinavians etc. had to come up with something similar. They had already separated God from His creation, so they came up with the concept of Saints. In every culture and every country christianity has spread it has replaced present Gods with Saints.

As far as South and North India is concerned, Ram is venerated in the same way from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. Ravana is an honorable character demonized in children's books but in real adult versions he is referred to as the Brahmin among brahmins, the one who is just and lord of golden lanka, which is also a perfect state. But, the moral of Ramayana was simple. It showed even a great man like Ravana can fall if one cannot control his own emotions and arrogance. Ravana is actually an anti-hero and the most tragic character in Ramayana is his son Indrajit, the most virtuous of all warriors, even Ram himself. You cannot blindly make generalizations regarding the epic which has shaped Indian lives for close to 5 millenium. It is foolish to try it now. The texts are complex with a lot of plots and subplots having modern day to day relevance.

4. True_Indian

True_Indian 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Brain dead shall we stop it here..unlike others which i talked you dont seems to have that much toleration levels..so cease fire with you..or else you will get warned i too will get my second warning.

5. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Yes, you have freedom to choose or deny, guaranteed. Your point is ideal state should not be related to any religion. Okay point taken. For example, let us call this ideal state as just "Ideal State of India", fine.

Now, to implement your idea of an ideal state, you need a template of sorts. You need to define what ideals you are looking for. Right? Now, in this process of defining what is ideal and what is not. You need to do some teachings. So, if we try to teach to our children about ideal state, then these children will ask ideal state like what? America, Europe? Ideal state like what Middle east, Pakistan or China? So, you must have some idea, however Eutopian that may sound, to pass on to the next generation. Now, in context of India, what will be this Eutopia? British rule in India? Rules of divided, negligent, and corrupt Kings and Nawabs of india? Periods of Muslim rule over India? Answer is none of the above. So, what is one thing that comes very near to the idea of an ideal state in india's context, a context that indians can relate to, context that will not be "alien" to them. The answer is the kingdom of Rama.

6. brain_dead

i wish u had seen my arguements with pakistanis.
    anyways, im out now. good bye.
    edit: im editing all my previous posts off the improper comments.

1 person likes this.
  7. True_Indian

^^it's not necessary have name for that..atleast for me..
    i would simply call it a secular democratic state and explain the principles and charactorstics of it. I think we all agree on concepts but you want to name it ram rajya. you can have that name as a personal choice but don't force others to accept it with same name..i think you got me ?

8. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Your point taken sir.

1 person likes this.
  9. True_Indian

Guys shall we all stop this or else mods are gonna kill me..

10. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Again the same thing :lol: :lol:

I am telling you again...Ram Rajya is an idealistic state where government is totally devoted for the welfare of the people and people have high standards of living. Why you always bring secularism in this when it has nothing to do with it??

Its like saying we will not accept Darwin theory because it is propounded by a Christian and hence not secular??

11. True_Indian

Because ram (the hindu religious god) and ram rajya is basicaly hindu religious concept...there are people with who practice different religions or don't practice any of the religions...i have objections with that name i don't have anything against the good ideas it includes like many other concepts in other religions and cultures. Religion and culture influences and overlaps each other and very hard to distinguish.so its each persons choice what he find acceptable and what not and everybody has a choice..
    you as a person can have your ram rajya idea while i as a person thinks it's related to hindu religion and so is not acceptable.
    as personal choice everybody can have their own ideas and concepts.don't force your choice on others or in public life.

12. True_Indian

to People who says ram rajya is just an ideal state keep your ideal ram rajya concept as a personal concept.
    let christians keep their ideal land or rule (land with honey and milk) astheir concept.
    let Kerala people believes in mahabali(asura) rule..
    let non believers frame their on concepts according to their morals and ethics.
    and Let all other religious and cultural people do the same..
    but don't force it on each other..or in politics or in public life...
    there we need to combine all necessary good elements of all concepts without naming it after any specific religion or culture or local traditions.

13. brain_dead

i thought u wouldnt start it again, but seems u need to be replied here.
    can u please tell me. where the hell in any of the single posts has anybody said that we will force ram-rajya on others..??
    why r u putting words in mouth of others to make ure arguement..??
    who told u we are going to announce to the world through media that we have implemented ram-rajya in India.
    ram-rajya is not to be implemented but to be attained. its the ideal state that a human society ought to achieve.
    where the hell did anyone say we will withdraw our constitution n democracy and hindusim will dominate here.
    this same thing has been explained million times here, that we want an ideal state in india, why is this not going into ure head..??
    u have problem with anything hindu..?? ok then stop calling India bharat, becoz bharat is of hindu origin, but u will have no problem with the word "India", why, becoz it is an english word.
    u must have also felt bad, n ure secular ego must have hurt when they showed yoga display in CWG. why becoz yoga is of hindu origin.
    i cant fathom the absurdity of ure so called secular mind.

14. True_Indian

As you can see didn't start it..i just replied to a post. Don't force it means don't politicise the the idea under ram rajya label..thats all..no need to be angry.
    i don't find a problem with bharatiya name or yoga as a exercise i find nothig objectionable in it.
    you have to remember that culture and religion influence each other..It's hard to differenceate each other..One may find some thing objectionable in culture according to his faith or morals..so he is free to avoid it.

15. brain_dead

n you need to understand one thing.
    noone here is forcing ram-rajya down the throat of others.
    ram-rajya stands for the welfare of its people.
    if people of the land(of any religion) arent contended and happy with rule, then it cant be ram-rajya, and if the people of the land are satisfied and happy, then there is no need to make n hue n cry about it on the name of secularity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.