Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

National industry, and defense industry as a component of national industry.

Discussion in 'Indian Defence Industry' started by AdityaMookerjee, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdityaMookerjee

AdityaMookerjee FULL MEMBER

I think of SAAB as a great automobile enterprise, because they were a part of the SAAB aircraft industry. Do we know, how many of us, that Tupolev, the bomber manufacturer of Russia, made transport civilian aircraft. They must have at least been reasonable, their military aircraft being, or Russian military aircraft being good. The point I would like to make is, it seems Tupolev didn't have spares for their civilian aircraft. The Russians were also making spares for their military aircraft. And, we did get spares. But, why did we not make this known to everyone? The military must have known about this, that The Russians did not have adequate parts for equipment. If the Russians can live in these circumstances, and in similar circumstances during the Cold War, the people did not understand this, in India. Did the U. S. A., and N A T O, know this? It seems, they could have made the parts, but didn't feel the need. I happened to think about this, when the Russian military aviation industry was in mind, by chance. Everyone, who needed to know, must have known.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.