Naval Base Gawadar for China: Pakistan gives a green light .

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Tailchopper, May 22, 2011.

1. Tailchopper

Tailchopper Major SENIOR MEMBER

There is no cure for insanity !
  2. Tailchopper

Tailchopper Major SENIOR MEMBER

Oh my God i can already see Indians heartbroken -- to those who don't know what it means for india -- hint hint -- 75% of your oil supply being shipped just off the coast of gawadar from saudi arabia :wink:
  3. @speaks

@speaks SENIOR MEMBER

An old story....
  4. @speaks

@speaks SENIOR MEMBER

[​IMG]

So when are you allowing China to govern Pakistan???

Balochistan movement will accelerate after this.....thats my opinion
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  5. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye SENIOR MEMBER

Hunh. There is no cure for the Balochi mind-set yet. Not in the Pakistani "pharmacy"!
    Till then. :azn:
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  6. Capt.Popeye

hint hint. Are you talking about fairies, houris and Djinns?? :blink:
  7. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed SENIOR MEMBER

na.. looks like he is talking about pirates!!
  8. Capt.Popeye

Only he knows what he is talking about.

But his geography is quite skewed. Because he wants to believe that 75% of India's oil gets shipped out from (KSA) across the bay at Gwader,. If he takes a look at the Atlas, and looks at the layout and dimensions of the Gulf of Oman and then the Persian Gulf, he stands to gain some enlightenment.
  9. @speaks

@speaks SENIOR MEMBER

[​IMG]

I dont think 75% of Oil supply done through Gwadar...
  10. @speaks

@speaks SENIOR MEMBER

Best example of Jis Thali Me Khao Ussi Me Ched Karo- First time they betray India in 1947, Then in 1999 ( Kargil while we were having peace talks)
    They are betraying USA since 2001,They betrayed Afghanistan, They betrayed OBL too, now in future they will definitely back stab China too...
    By the way, what else you except from the people who are not 100% of their own country...betraying their own country since 14 Aug 1947???
    1 person likes this.
  11. Capt.Popeye

@speaks,
    The subsea pipeline is not a reality yet, though the preliminary hydrographic survey and feasibility studies are complete. The project is one of the options before India apart from the TAPI pipeline (n.b. the IPI pipeline is a non-starter because of the screwed up Irano-Pak relationship and the poor security situation in Balochistan, though its commonly believed that the US frowns on that project). Even the TAPI pipeline is yet not committed to. So the Subsea pipeline can again be considered in the light of the evolving strategic picture. Also may I add, the technology already exists just as the source of funding, even though it will not come very cheap.

Now what our friend was attempting to allude to location of Gwader vis-a-vis sea lanes. Having some (rather quite some) connection with maritime movements, I again draw your attention to how the Gulf of Oman is both located and dimensioned. Contrary to what anyone may want to believe it is not a choke point unlike the Straits of Hormuz and the Malacca Straits. Your map will bear that out sufficiently. Not for nothing, has India cultivated ties with Oman historically. The map can explain why.

Now the proposed facility at Gwader that has just made it to the news. There is quite some work that has to go into making that a reality, which depends on many variables, not the least of them is the ground reality in Balochistan. Else it might have been a reality years ago in the past. Is that the reality?

Then there are some other little dots on that map (including but not limited to) Chah Bahr. Those little dots stand to gain in significance over time.
    1 person likes this.
  12. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Yes, just keep out of Indian territorial waters, or you'll see Brahmos flying your way.
  13. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary SENIOR MEMBER

Yes, we bought Jalashwa through FMS route with hard cash and did not get it as "MILITARY AID" from US.

The laughable thing in case of Pakistan is it is a country who depends on US for military aid and financial aid just to survive is bragging with a bloated chest in front of US.
  14. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary SENIOR MEMBER

hint hint 80% of China's critical oil trade happens through the following trade route. Have a look.

[​IMG]
  15. hataf

hataf FULL MEMBER

Another HINT

but after gawadar control goes to CHINA, this will be the route and further . . . . .

[​IMG]

and if relation get good with IRAN than . . ..

[​IMG]

now imagine how much growth it will bring to Pakistan economy

and after this can India compete with Pakistan economy ????????????????????????????
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
    1 person likes this.