Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Navy MMRCA News & Discussion

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Dilemma, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dilemma

Dilemma Captain SENIOR MEMBER

The INS Vikramaditya can hold a 'maximum' of 16-20 fighters. The IN has ordered 45 MiG 29Ks keeping in mind that IAC1 will be a STOBAR carrier. It is said that IAC1 will operate 25-30 fighters. So therefore considering they carry the least amount of fighters, then 16 (on Vikramaditya) + 15 (on IAC1, rest 15 for NLCA) = 31 fighters on carriers. The rest 14 might be stationed at INS Hansa in Goa.

About the naval MMRCA, the number of aircraft going to be bought are not known yet. All we know is that they are meant to be stationed on IAC2 which is a CATOBAR carrier.

2. commander

commander FULL MEMBER

Indian Navy has plans of fielding AMCA , NAVAL LCA and a squadron of f 35 lightining II for iac 2& iac 3 . They are supposed to be fully operational by 2022.

3. CONNAN

CONNAN Major ELITE MEMBER

The MMRCA And The Indian Navy

[​IMG]

4. flanker143

flanker143 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

But we gotta to wait for another 6-7 years to get the foc for mk2 and see it in serial production.... I Hope what psg wrote about tejas comes true and we get a real hardhitter.....capable enough to kick any f16's ass.....

5. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Major Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Super Hornet will easily win the contract if Indian Navy kind of goes aggressive for its procurement.

Sadly, it will take a while as the other Indian Aircraft Carriers have yet to be built.

6. flanker143

any idea how many carriers will navy deploy ? 6 are the max i think so....
    Bcoz the current no. of orders for frigates , destroyers and other ships will not be sufficient if the no. get higher.....

7. flanker143

any idea how many carriers will navy deploy ? 6 are the max i think so....
    Bcoz the current no. of orders for frigates , destroyers and other ships will not be sufficient if the no. get higher.....

8. Vritra

Vritra Major ELITE MEMBER

Let's see: They're trying to give Viraat a few more years, Sevmash are refurbishing Vikramaditya, and the Vikrant is being built in Kochi, set to launch sometime next year. They also have plans for the rumoured INS Vishal, which could be anywhere between 45-70thousand tonnes, possibly with CATOBAR/EMALS and nuclear propulsion. Assuming they lay down the keel for the Vishal in 2013, and launch by 2016, the IN could have upto 4 aircraft carriers in service by 2020.

9. indian spetsnaz

indian spetsnaz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

i think IN will deploy 3 carriers. vikramaditya, iac 1, iac 2 (may be it is rumored INS Vishal.)

10. Vritra

^^^ Yeah, ideally they'd have at least 3 carrier battle groups, so that they can have one on each coast while the third undergoes maintainance or refit, w/e. Until the IAC2 is ready for commissioning, they'll keep Viraat going.
    I hope this carrier fighter decision doesn't take as long as the MRCA, honestly, or the IN's gonna be flying 40 year old harriers of the decks of the IAC2.

11. MAFIAN GOD

MAFIAN GOD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Dude we got only 12 of them left with us.:haha::haha:
    Eventually we will replace them with Mig-29k/Tejas.

12. Vritra

So what's the point you were trying to make, exactly?

13. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel IDF NewBie

No worries on that, because they aren't even really flying of the decks of INS Viraat today! In the Varuna exercise with the French navy, I was surprised to see the Virrat deployed again, but when I later saw that it had only 4 Sea Harriers available, I felt kind of embarrassed. We finally have a chance for an full fledged exercise with a foreign carrier, including their latest fighters and AEW aircrafts and all we come up on the other side were not even a handful of fighters.
    Instead of using 2 carriers to train anti piracy roles, we should have deployed the Mig 29Ks, Jaguar IM and Su 30 MKIs from land bases, to train the attack on an carrier, or the air defense against such an sea side attack (PLANs future carriers are under development). Besides that IN had the chance to see how capable the Mig 29Ks really are, against one of the most capable carrier fighters. We missed a big chance imo!

14. Archie

Archie FULL MEMBER

Yeah , it was stupid to field just 4 sea Harriers agaonst the french
    As far as i know we have like 11-12 Sea Harriers in service , we should have deployed atleast 8 Harriers in the excersise

By the way , does anyone know why the Ruskies are delaying supply of Mig29K
    I mean they supplied 4 Mig29K in January 2010 and have till now supplied just another 4 Mig29K in last 15 months
    Thats just 8 in total , Now my question is How much time will they take to supply the remaining 37 Mig29k
    coz we definitely need 16 Mig29k WHEN Vikramaditya enters service in 2012 end , and would require another 29 Mig29k by 2015 when Vikrant enters service

15. jagjitnatt

jagjitnatt Major ELITE MEMBER

We don't have 11-12 Harriers. We just have 8 Harriers in service, out of which only 5 are fit at the moment.

We have received 6 Mig-29k and we will receive around 20 of these before INS Vikramaditya sets sail.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.