NCA okays Nuclear Power Prog 2050, Space Prog 2040

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by Spartacus+, Jul 15, 2011.

1. midgetman

midgetman 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

well... the reason Pakistan is growing their nuclear arsenal everyday, is because they don't have the money to compete on the defensive front economically with India(no offense), they don't have the funds to buy the latest weapon systems nor do they have the luxury of having consistent multiple suppliers except for china. the Pakistani govt view is that their only way to have a credible defense is to grow the nuclear arsenal. it is like a poker game, where 1 party is bluffing to stay alive, in this case the bluff is that they will use nukes if there is a conflict with India. hoping that this will deter India. i don't believe the Pakistanis intend to win in a war against the Indians, i think the mentality is if you f@#k with us, we will take you down with us.

as for the Pakistani space program, i think its great that Pakistan is trying to get into space. One shouldn't mock the efforts of others... their space program is no threat to us at this time.. we are at least multiple decades ahead of Pakistan on this front, and on the cusp of putting an Indian into space on our own. but im not sure how modified modified scuds will do in the role of launching satellites, or how Pakistan intends to compensate for its extreme deficiency in cryogenic engine and booster tech.

2. Sanibhagwan

Sanibhagwan 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

What kind of a NCA meeting is this? No numbers, just empty statements.

How much is the existing shortfall? (i.e) 7000 or 8000 MW

What is the shortfall projection 2050? (i.e) 20,000 or 30,000 MW

Most important of all, who is going to fund it? the usual aid donors USA or China

To bridge the existing of energy shortfall through Nuclear energy requires the entire Foreign exchange reserves of Pakistan.

3. bornmoron

bornmoron FULL MEMBER

Attack was done by US, So don't u think the pointing shud have been done towards US ,,,,neways,,
    India possessed Nuclear warhead from decades , but they never threatened to Pak of using ,neither had intended to use it n vice-versa,,like the Pak keeps doing most of the time ,,as if its an itch which keep coming back again n again.
    still 'credible minimum deterrence',,,,

4. A haseeb A

A haseeb A Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Did anybody say anything about filling the whole shortfall gap with Nuclear Power only?

5. A haseeb A

I consider US violations as "part-of-the-deal" thing...even if that was the case,we cannot damage US in their own territory...

The point is clear....India has dominant conventional superiority,which Pakistan plans to counter with nuclear weapons...

I already said that the credible deterrence is higher than the "minimum" level...but we have to keep one step ahead...

6. A haseeb A

Totally agreed with your post....except that Pakistan's future SLVs are going to be solid-fueled,based on the Shaheen series,which is much advanced and more capable than Scuds...

7. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Good news for Pakistan i hope, but where is the news it's like we people talking in IDF forum with just claim and desire nothing to back it up in most time, it was not like any PROFESSIONAL meeting discussion.

see the report, it says
    Nothing about funds, where they will milk the fund from, what is current action, what technology they have now, where are the difficulties,

Even if it talks of a long term (2050) policy, to get successful we need to have short term OBJECTIVES and i don't see any. :woot:

8. bornmoron

bornmoron FULL MEMBER

"Violation" cannot be a part of the deal,,,contradictory phrase,,
    I wish that 0ne step ahead would have been in developing the economy like Ind & China rather than Bombs.

9. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    If pakistani govt. is thinking about the future and planning for the future of pak,
    i wish them best of luck :woot:

how do they plan to fund all this some agreements ? :undecided:

10. A haseeb A

Every thing is future-based...first get out of this WoT shit and get rid of terrorists...then start building economy...and then start working on these projects...

11. A haseeb A

By part-of-the-deal I meant that after the violation,both parties settled with each other through negotiations...Pakistan is the Front-line on WoT...so going blatantly against US is extremely foolish...

12. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

OT: But I checked the specifications of both missiles, scuds are actually better than shaheen I .

13. A haseeb A

Scuds have many variants...and Shaheen-II (2750km) is better than any Scud variant...I was talking about the series,i.e. the most advanced missile in the series...since 4000km range missile is under-development...

14. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

OT:
    you are comparing 40 year old tactical missile with completely different range strategic missile ! leave it , in general Pakistanis can't refrain themselves from making "claims" that they can't back up. Good luck to pakistan with their futuristic nuclear and space program planning.

15. midgetman

midgetman 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

well.. im assuming the iranians have have similar or better missile tech than pakistan, they already have a SLV, something that pakistan is trying to develop. and from what i know, their missiles are modified scuds just like the pakistani missiles.