Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Netherlands vs Turkey Feud - Erdogan calls Dutch Nazis.

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by BMD, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Inactive

Inactive Guest

:biggthumpup::cheesy::cheesy:

IndiranChandiran likes this.
  2. A_poster

A_poster Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Wilders party is expected to become largest party in Dutch parliament, but would still not be able to form government as no one is willing to form coalition with him.

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  3. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Possible, but all of this is helping him and leaders like him throughout Europe. It's creating a serious wave against political overcorrectness and the Liberal tendency to bend over backwards for Islamism. If the Liberals don't gauge this and reverse course, they are going to be handed stunning defeats in the years to come across Europe just like in India and the US. This is not a momentary situation, the right wing parties are now going to be revitalized for a long time thanks to Leftist follies when it comes to Islamism and the Refugee crisis. This issue isn't going away any time soon.

A_poster likes this.
  4. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Fallacies here.

You are forgetting An-Nasir Salah ad-Din Yusuf ibn Ayyub.

Technically, his lands and he was of Kurdish Origin.

More specifically, the area came under the influence of Arabs and then the Oguz Tribe and thence to the division of the "Kurdish Regions" between the Ottoman and Persian Empire in 1639.

I understand your view point. Don't get touchy. The defeat of the Ottoman Empire created Kurdish settlements in five countries .... Trukey, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Armenia, Azerbaijan (did I miss out any?)

As for the massacre ... my personal opinion is to let bygones be bygones. World has enough hatred to go around without digging up more graves ..... What was needed as an empire, was done by the Turks then. Simple.

Every nation has committed genocide. The world's biggest has been the Hindu Genocide in India, yet the Governments of India till date, keep mum on that!!

Crazy world.

@Lion of Rajputana

My suggestion is to not really get the 'genocide' into irrelevant point here. Create a thread and discuss there. I will love to join in. Right now, let us enjoy Erdogan and his antics. If he persists, Turkey will rid itself of him soon.

5. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    The point on the Genocide is directly linked to my argument that Turkey has no right to call anybody fascist. But I get what you're suggesting, you don't want this thread to become an Armenian Genocide thread instead of an Erdogan's Stupidity thread, and I understand that, which is why I didn't intend to, and won't be further writing about the Armenian Genocide here.

But this historical incident was important to my initial post.

GSLV Mk III, Levina and Inactive like this.
  6. Inactive

Inactive Guest

Point agreed to. But what is Genocide?

My counter argument is that of what US did in Vietnam, what happened in India and the propensity of Indians themselves of denying it, what India is doing in J&K, Manipur, Nagaland, Chattisgarh, what Soviets did in, well, Stalin's times, what UK did throughout it's history, what Japanese did right till 1945, what Germans did in WW2 and elsewhere, what Pakistan does now, what anyone, for that matter, does anywhere.

List is long.

Levina likes this.
  7. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    If you make a Genocide thread one of these days, I'll be happy to share my views, but taking your earlier suggestion, I'm not going to derail this thread.

GSLV Mk III, Levina and Inactive like this.
  8. Flyboy!

Flyboy! Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Currently erdogan is best suited to handle the Isis. He will ruin turkey but ensure that turkey is relatively safe from isis terror. It will take time as he transforms into a complete totalitarian. On the other hand if they continue using Isis against pkk, it will come back to haunt them in the future .

9. nik141993

nik141993 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    turkey is going through a difficult phase & we should show some sympathy....Rise of Erdogan & radicalisation to some extent is a direct result of racist European policies towards Turkey in past due to historical reasons.... Europe should have been more accommodated of turkey joining EU instead of letting it slip into southern neighbour's politics ,but Europeans racist attitude towards successor of Muslim Ottomans didn't let them despite turkey secular progressive outlook & their desire to integrate into European society & culture. This Armenian genocide claim is nothing but an excuse , has anyone seen white European going such a length to condemn 1.5 million Romani people genocide by whites like they do for jews & Armenians...It took 40 years for some of them to even recognise it was a genocide as the victim were not white but dark people of foreign ancestry(India to be precise). One get his own country & other still struggling to survive & waiting for acceptance even after 1000 year

Levina likes this.
  10. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    Show sympathy for an Islamofascist country that is best friends with Pakistan and practically parrots Pakistan's line on things such as Kashmir?

GSLV Mk III and A_poster like this.
  11. mirage

mirage FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    ottoman empire is in danger now or perhaps it will be pay back time for them .

12. nik141993

Country Flag:
    India
    Turkey is no islamofascist country, it's just being ruled by a Islamist currently.... Turkish people will themselves throw him out by next election , targeting a nation for the sin of one of its leader is not right

Levina and AbRaj like this.
  13. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    It *wasn't* an Islamofascist country, now it is. It has elected an Islamofascist, and if you consider the fact that he continues to enjoy popular support (the people came out in the streets during the coup attempt in support of Erdogan), then you arrive at a very inconvenient reality: Turkey has slid towards Islamofascism.

IF they cast him AND his party out in the next election, and bring in a more secular and democratic Government, then it's a whole different ball game and then we can talk about being friendly/supportive to Turkey and so on so forth, but for the time being they seem quite content under the leadership of a modern day Caliph.

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  14. nik141993

Country Flag:
    India
    Well we have to wait till next election , if they elect him again than god save turkey

Lion of Rajputana likes this.
  15. Lion of Rajputana

Country Flag:
    United States
    Absolutely.

nik141993 and Levina like this.