Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Netherlands vs Turkey Feud - Erdogan calls Dutch Nazis.

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by BMD, Mar 13, 2017.

1. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Who's derailing again?

1. Islamophobia is an oxymoron. A phobia describes an irrational fear, but it's not irrational if they're blowing people up and gunning them down in European cities.

2. Christian supremacist? Where have I ever advocated Christian supremacy.

3. British Empire Apologist? No, I always said it was cruel and often brutal but people who complain their country is still affected by it in the 2nd decade of the 21st century are kidding themselves. And the legacy is that it brought forth most of the things we now take for granted in the modern world, either itself or through the new nations it spawned. So whilst looking back at British rule in India one should realise that Hindus had spent at least seven documented centuries (and perhaps more besides) being mass-murdered by the millions by the Mughals and various other Muslim tribes and brigands like the Thuggee. British rule should at least be credited with ending that as well as providing India with a rail network, road bridges and telecommunications infrastructure that allowed food shortages to be communicated and food to be transported, rather than people complaining that it's still affecting India (which would never even have existed) negatively after 70 years of independent Indian government policies. You also have various other institutions attributable to British rule, like courts, universities, administrative agencies etc. And the English language, which offers a far wider breadth of migration opportunities than say, French or Spanish.

4. Turk baiter? How do you expect people to respond to the BS that's come out of Erdogan's mouth lately? Basically threatening terror attack on Europe. I revert you back to point 1.

5. You never held Irishness against me. "O'Toole", "Padraig" and multiple allegations of stupidity against a country with three dozen times your GDP per capita despite being under British rule for twice as long.

2. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Guninnesses has two 'n', no grocer's apostrophe and another 'e'.

3. IndiranChandiran

IndiranChandiran BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    It's Guinness , Padraig.You're merry as Xmas , it seems .

GSLV Mk III likes this.
  4. IndiranChandiran

Country Flag:
    India
    Oh yeah !! Blame me .
    You ought to tag your fellow Brits - the Welsh , the English and the Scots for all those Irish jokes , Padraig .My personal experience , notwithstanding .I find the Irish a simple lot.Hard working and hard drinking .Can't trust them with too complex a task.

5. T-123456

T-123456 2nd Lieutant THINKER

Country Flag:
    Turkey
    He cant be Irish,Irish are good people,they never forget what the Ottomans did for them.
    If he is Irish,he should be ashamed.
    Take a look at this,

''At a time when Ireland was enduring the terrible loss of a million dead and the mass exodus of a million more during the Great Hunger the story goes that the Ottoman Sultan, Khaleefah Abdul-Majid I, declared his intention to send £10,000 to aid Ireland's farmers. However, Queen Victoria intervened and requested that the Sultan send only £1,000, because she had sent only £2,000 herself.

So the Sultan sent only the £1,000, but he also secretly sent five ships full of food. The English courts attempted to block the ships, but the food arrived in Drogheda harbor and was left there by Ottoman sailors. That £10,000 that the Sultan pledged to the Irish would be worth approximately £800,000 ($1.7m) today.''

http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/h...kish-aid-to-the-irish-during-the-great-hunger

http://www.irishexaminer.com/lifest...ne-was-highest-form-of-compassion-275281.html

http://www.ihistory.co/how-an-ottoman-sultan-helped-ireland-during-the-great-famine/

Dont forget the sources(Irish):sarcastic::sarcastic::sarcastic:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    IndiranChandiran likes this.
  6. IndiranChandiran

Country Flag:
    India

Oh , he's Irish , all right .Someone who's extremely confused about his nationality .We have a term for it .It's called "The Stockholm Syndrome ."

There's no use invoking what the Irish nationalists endured and achieved .He's ridiculed them as well.Back in the day , Padraig would've been hung by the nearest lamp post by his co nationals for all his pains .

He's the poster boy for British Empire apologists although I suspect the zeal with which he goes about his task would be embarassing for them as well .
    Don't waste too much time on him.He's endlessly repetitive often going into circular arguments .Most posters here give him a wide berth.He's more amusing than offensive , like most Irish .

GSLV Mk III and T-123456 like this.
  7. IndiranChandiran

Country Flag:
    India
    Btw , Padraig , do google for the richest man in the Republic of Ireland .For all your lamentations about the GDP per capita of Ireland , I guarantee you the result will be sweet revenge .

Of course , that's more grist to the mill as far as you're concerned , given your haranguing harridan nature.

8. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    So how come he went to live in Ireland? That's the question you need to ask.

9. IndiranChandiran

Country Flag:
    India
    Who says he lives in Ireland ? He's married to an Irish woman .He divides his time between India and Ireland .

I thought you researched before you posted .Evidently I must stop giving people the benefit of the doubt .Then don't you go about crying that I bring up your lineage.

10. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    He's an Irish citizen and Irish taxpayer now.