Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

New COAS aggressive posture, something coming?

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by BlackOpsIndia, Jan 13, 2017.

1. R!CK

R!CK 2nd Lieutant REGISTERED

Country Flag:
    India
    Let army get rid of Sahayak system and then we can dissect these videos and issues. Regardless of these claims made by soldiers being true or not, what is the actual justification for keeping Sahayaks in IA? Why is it that IN and IAF don't need such a system but IA is reluctant to come off the British era?

Even I'm personally aware of instances where these people are abused by officers. Despite the govt. already acknowledging this issue more than a year back, why no action yet?

P.S: Apologise for off topic rant. Patriotism shouldn't breed ignorance.

Good Day!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  2. Tejasmk3

Tejasmk3 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    There was actually a discussion about this in other forums a few years ago, especially after an Lady american officer had posted about her experience. It is called the Sahayak or the buddy system, reposting it:
    Peek at army class system, via US eyes
    Here is how the Late Brigadier Ray responded to it:

I think many people want it to go though, while some want it to stay.

randomradio and BlackOpsIndia like this.
  3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I fail to understand why a man who has taken same oath as me to defend the nation be subjected to serving me? He has a part to play in the overall scheme of things but why use him as your servant? In field area, the sahayak is a helper but not a servant.

4. stephen cohen

stephen cohen Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
  5. Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    i doubt a surgical strike will happen if aerial assets are involved then $h!t will hit the fan

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  6. stephen cohen

Country Flag:
    India
    T V News coming in :

Inflitration foiled by BSF in Samba ; One terrorist killed out of a Group of Four

Rest of them Run Back

lca-fan, Grevion, PARIKRAMA and 2 others like this.
  7. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    If India is able to prove it has taken otu terror camps via airstrikes (which will be possible to do through sat imagery, UAVs and SF recon teams on the ground) it will put Pakistan in the position that if they escalate they are proving they support terrorists.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  8. Blue Marlin

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    before you even get to doing that they will retaliation and world powers wont even care and just focus on stopping the conflict.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  9. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    A surgical strike of that nature would involve massive planning by the Indian side which would factor in all conceivable Pakistani reactions so one can fairly say any Pakistani escalation would be nulified from the outset.

And this is not 1999 anymore, India is not a weakling and Pakistan's true nature is known to the world. Other than China and some Arab states, no one will do much other than make token statements. Under Trump, there is even less cause in India to worry about the international community's interferance in dealing with the garbage.

10. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Captain IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    But my good friend the political mindset now feels retaliation issue to be of least concern.. rather they are trying to find every pretext possible to increase the conflict quantum and go all out .. they don even care of Nuclear threat as NFU doctrine itself is more or less modified wrt Pakistan policy of First Strike..

This actually puts out a precarious situation, Everytime a new attack comes and harms Indian citizens and soldiers, instead of normal BAT (bordebaction team) team near LOC, now all wants to go and do their part of job for which they have trained all life.. put simply, the political persona at Delhi has changed the way forces react..

Modi is now least bothered about what World power or specifically China will say.. he had already galvanised domestic audience, did whatever possible to woo major countries with deals, biz and strategic foray of military equipment purchase..

I believe such is the situation the phone call to modi to stop the offensive will most probably won't even get picked up.. simply due to the fact he will call all important leaders before hand and say we are going ahead.. and won't listen to so called " strategic restraint"..

This Man wants a legacy and a place bigger than Nehru and Gandhi.. a stature bigger than Vallabh Bhai Patel.. bigger than Vajpayee.. he is the worst adversary to have actually.. bcz he won't bow at all.. and he would go deep and do things never ever imagined by adversaries inside Pakistan or China..

I am not a Modi Bhakt, but I have seen him from his early days when he gt elected as CM of Gujarat.. I was there in that state and having seen him closely I am saying from my personal experience.. Pakistan should be happy with everyone else as PM except Modi... He is very very hard headed and determined fellow.. does nt forget or forgive types..

11. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Your comments about Modi are spot on, I am not a rabid Modi supporter either but what I will say is Modi is a man with an agenda who acts deliberately with full awareness of implications and he does not bend. If he greenlights another strike he will have done so after meticulous analysis and planning and there will be no going back.

Modi isn't a guy that believes in half measures, if the surgical strikes happen he will stand by them come what may, no ammount of international or internal pressure will challenge his resolve.

Modi's entire life story can be described as staying true to himself and his beliefs.

In the current geopolitical landscape, I dare a world leader to publically dennounce India's actions against terror groups. All of the pressure will be on Pakistan.

PARIKRAMA, R!CK and BlackOpsIndia like this.
  12. zebra7

zebra7 Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    These types of Operations are not taken instantaneously, rather a complete plan, is prepared with all possibility, outcomes, and analysis of political, military, financial, international, and economics of damage assessment and outcome in advance as part of war plan and is forwarded to the political leadership, which decides on the final Go. Thereafter Army will take care of the tactical aspect and govt. takes care of the international pressure and international politics.

Presently Pakistan would be on the backfoot, because any operation against the terrorism, would bring their image standing as protector of the terrorism, and present govt. have done great job in handling the international politics, and we are sure would be easily able to justify those operation as the act to fight terror. As far as the Pakistani Sabre Rating, those are Bluff, and India had bluffed long, during Kargil War, when India keep on climbing the escalatary ladder of so called Nukes, and MAD, and end of World B.S.

13. stephen cohen

Country Flag:
    India
    Next Time Pakistan will get More than Infantry -- Artillery attacks

May be a Corps Head Quarters or a Cantonment will be targetted

The real fun starts after 20 th JAN when Trump takes over

He will get daily briefings about Pakistani support to Terrorists and ONE DAY
    he will blow his top :azn:

14. Blue Marlin

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    its the first time i've heard of the BAT (bordebaction team), what do they do?

as for mr modi. dont take it offensively but before i do, i kinda agree with this point you'd made.....

This Man wants a legacy and a place bigger than Nehru and Gandhi.. a stature bigger than Vallabh Bhai Patel.. bigger than Vajpayee
    i've only heard of gandhi, i dont know who the other two are.

now for the offensivey bit. i dont think modi can do much. before he became pm this guy said it all, punish pakistan and take back kashmir etc etc.............
    the people of india loved him (modi) he was a strong candidate, heck if i was indian i'd vote for him too. but now he has become pm his aggressive stance took a nose dive.
    the guy visited a lot of countries and sign deals along the way. i think this opened his eyes and he realised taking kashmir was not gonna happen and any sort of offensive would come with consequences.

what about pathankot? why didn't he do surgical strike then? it was an attack just as big as uri.

do you think the pakistans wont realise some thing is happen across the border?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...-Army-plan-leaked-Pakistan-year-ISI-mole.html
    trump wont just sit there cheering india on your first name needs to be adolf for you to be able to do that. i guarantee it.

15. BlackOpsIndia

BlackOpsIndia Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Since you are little aware of what's happening in India, what is Modi/India is doing, it will be futile to decide how good or bad Modi is based on cherry picking.

I dont think these things matter anymore. A bigger attack cant be a surprise attack as their terrorist in arms brother China will alert them. The question is If India decides to smash the hell out of tiny little terrorist neighbor will they be able to stop it? In all possibilities, the answer is no.

Who cares anymore what the world think? as long as we got a veto in UNSC we are good to go and I guess we more than capable of getting multiple veto on any resolution against us. If China can defend a UN declared terrorist organization head do you really think anyone gives shit about what happens between India and Pakistan as long as its not nuclear.

No big or small power will come to Pakistan's rescue, no arab state and most probably not even China. They know if they go against India for Pakistan in a war they better get ready for all direction spanking in next war against US. You will see real heartburn of Pakistan and few more fundamental changes in middle east help to Pakistan once UAE crown price land in India on 26th of this month.

The only reason stopping India is our reluctance to get into messy things while we can avoid them. We want to grow more bearing a few more attacks, few more cuts of Pakistan but that will not go on forever, Indian public is losing patience and the results wont be good. 2018-2019 is a election year, and if Modi gets a second term (most probable outcome) Pakistan will be living its worst nightmare from 2019-2024 and please dont tell us Pakistan is nuclear powered country, its not going to save them.

AbRaj, zebra7, arbit and 3 others like this.