Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

New COAS aggressive posture, something coming?

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by BlackOpsIndia, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    mixed terrorist/regular Pakistani outfits that operates on the LoC generally harassing the Indian side, aiding terrorists to infiltrate into India and ensuring the LoC remains "hot". In the past they have ambushed patrols, mutilated the soldiers and taken heads for war trophies.

Did Modi say he would take back Kashmir?

It's true that the power of office tends to moderate most politcians but I still think it is clear that Modi is playing the long game. He gave Pakistan the chance (invited Nawaz to his swearing in, visited Pak himself on Dec 25 2015) even after Pathankot he gave them the opportunity to work with India to test their resolve. Then after Uri it was no more mister nice guy, surgical strikes occured to punish those low level commanders directly responsible, India pulled out of the SAARC conference (to be held in Islamabad) which effectively collapsed the entire event with BD, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri Lanka all siding with India and pulling out also. Now India is aggressively pushing the BIMSTEC and BBIN formats (effectively isolating Pakistan geopolitically). On top of that India is to fully optimise its share of the water granted to it by IWT and is fast tracking all HE projects along the rivers.

I would like Modi to do more but I think what he has done is suffcient, Pakistan has been relegated to being an irrelevence and this is what they despise the most, they demand to be treated as India's equal (lol).

I'm pretty sure Modi is done trying with Pakistan now and considering he is likely to be PM for at least another 7-12 years this is a considerable loss to Pakistan.

I wouldn't characterise it as "cheering" but he will certainly not attempt to interfere even if he does no nation really has any influence over India, India will do what it thinks is right and I am sure Trump and his supporters would actively support India as he has allued to countless times. Trump has said in the past that Pakistan is India's problem and India should be allowed to deal with them, Pakistan certainly will find no favour in the US public opinion these days and their time of being the golden child of Washington are long over.

Grevion, Gessler, MilSpec and 2 others like this.
  2. Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    ok, good to know

i would have imagined he would have.

i do think he was being nice inviting ns to his swearing but im suprised to find he'd buy that he's playing mr nice guy would make pakistan play ball. i have only just heard of bimstec and bbin.
    really isolated....... i find that hard to believe. the chief nato general was in pakistan a few week ago and thats one example.

remember he's saying before he's president once he has the throne he would be wise with his words just like modi.

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  3. Lion of Rajputana

Lion of Rajputana Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

I don't trust them to tell the truth. I began to believe that BSF soldier's account the very moment the BSF started trying to character assassinate the guy. That's the oldest trick in the book for delegitimizing whistleblowers and burying them and their complaints.

4. venureddy

venureddy Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Buddy you should have have created a a separate thread to discuss this issue. We are not saying that you are wrong but the place you have decided to raise this issue is not the correct place. Please create a new thread and we will be more than happy to discuss with you about this issue. Please don't deviate from the topic of the thread.

BlackOpsIndia likes this.
  5. arbit

arbit 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Please dont take it otherwise, but you being not aware of Vallabh or Nehru, let alone their legacy and what they stood for respectively doesn't do much favour to your credentials.
    I read your comments with interest and for someone ignorant of the political landscape of this country you have quite easily passed judgement on how Modi won the election and what he can or can not do.

It is safe to assume that you hadn't heard of Modi prior to his becoming PM, but for those who have followed him from his Gujarat days, it brings a wry smile watching him repeat now what he did in Gujarat.
    He might or might not want to leave a legacy, which is a personal thing and not inherently bad per se. It is however arguable whether his sole motivation is to leave a legacy or something else.

For the second part, you are assuming that all one has to do to win an election is to be tough on pakistan in one's speeches. If that was the case, LK advani would be the PM and Manmohan would barely last one term. It might also be of interest to you that in 2004 BJP lost the election to congress AFTER being tough of pakistan - Operation Parakram.

As for taking a nose dive in his tough stance, you are reading it wrong. In his first year in office, Modi invited Nawaz to his oath taking ceremony, went to pakistan etc. which were all part of CBMs. It was only after Uri, he hardened in his attitude. Surgical strikes, taking a re look at Indus water treaty, canvassing support amongst other nations against terror etc are some of the steps that have been taken since then and he has been relentless and consistent in those.

Read about his background.

Dude, you are one guy. Outside the establishment. You might have an opinion but dont think too highly of yourself as to guarantee this and guarantee that. No offence.

Gessler and Abingdonboy like this.
  6. sangos

sangos Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    #
    pakistani will be denuked

7. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I will believe it when I see it. Untill I see permanent deployment of 105 and 155mm guns on the front line, I won't buy any of this posture.

R!CK, BlackOpsIndia and Gessler like this.
  8. rockstar

rockstar 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

D0 you Suggest the bigger gun deployments at LoC?

Will it help to decrease the infiltration?

9. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I absolutely do, and yes it will deter Pakistani Army from providing cover fire for insurgents.

AbRaj, rockstar and R!CK like this.
  10. BlackOpsIndia

BlackOpsIndia Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India