Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

News AND Updates on BABA RAMDEV'S Fast...

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx

xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx Major SENIOR MEMBER

Not just any @ss wooping...Bhaga Bhaga ke a$$ wooping...

1 person likes this.
  2. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Major SENIOR MEMBER

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Bad Wolf

if upa gov do take fast action like baba ramdev at mumbai attack we have much less casualty then actual

4. Bad Wolf

Actor Manoj Tiwari injured in Ramlila crackdown
    MUMBAI: Bhojpuri actor Manoj Tiwari was one of the many who were injured in the fracas that took place at the Ramlila Maidan on Saturday night.

Tiwari who returned to Mumbai on Sunday evening said, "I was sleeping in the pandal when I was woken up by a policeman's boots that stamped on me."

"I was driven out by the police with lathis. I must've ran at least 3-4 km to save my life," said Tiwari, who is back in Mumbai now. "Although my injuries are not noticeable enough, my body is aching because of the lathis I got from the police," he added.

Manoj Tiwari spent the whole of Saturday with Baba Ramdev. The actor said, "I am not a Ramdev follower but I decided to support the Baba as he is fighting against corruption."

Tiwari is upset about the fact that the police manhandled men and women who were sleeping in the pandal. "I really don't know if there were permission issues but the police could've done the eviction during the day instead of night. The use of tear-gas also choked many people," he said.

Actor Manoj Tiwari injured in Ramlila crackdown - The Times of India

5. Bad Wolf

With Baba Ramdev digging in his heels, govt cracked the whip
    NEW DELHI: When Baba Ramdev exhorted his supporters to stand firm around 7 pm on Saturday, he was three hours past a deadline set for him by the government to announce an end to his fast demanding a tough law to bring back black money from foreign havens.

The yoga guru not only missed the 4 pm cutoff when he was to announce his plans to wrap up the protest by Monday, government sources said he inserted fresh claims like commitments on land acquisition. Reminded of an agreement that he would accept the Centre's assurances, he turned evasive.

A government already reeling over successive corruption scandals watched with rising trepidation as Ramdev first told his followers at Ramlila grounds that the Centre had accepted his demands, but then raised the pitch warning supporters of plans to arrest him. It decided it could wait no longer.

With the government whisking the Baba off to Hardwar, the battle between the government and Ramdev -- with BJP also pitching in against the UPA-2 regime – is truly joined. Its credibility at stake, the government has run the risk of a controversial action of quashing an anti-graft protest led by a smooth talking, popular yoga guru.

Stung by his unceremonious eviction, Ramdev claimed that there was a conspiracy to eliminate him and attacked Congress chief Sonia Gandhi for "atrocities" on his followers. He said, "She is running government by remote control. She is daughter-in-law of this country... she does not love the mothers and sisters of this country."

He threatened to hold his satyagraha again in Delhi or a place near the Capital. While the government is now looking to get after the Baba by probing his income tax liabilities, it may not have heard the last of the guru.

On Saturday, with an unbent Baba spewing defiance, the government faced the prospect of appearing helpless before a saffron-clad preacher haranguing it on corruption. After coming out a poor second with Anna Hazare, it could ill afford another debilitating loss of face and drew the net around the guru.

By the government's own reckoning, Ramdev was in no position to back down after telecom minister Kapil Sibal disclosed a sheet of paper containing the guru's acceptance of a settlement where he would turn his fast into "tap (meditation)" and roll up his show by June 6. "He would have looked foolish if he had retreated," said a source.

In any case, the government was already convinced that the guru's frequent shift of goalposts – having accepted an ordinance on black money was not possible, he revived the demand – meant Ramdev was out to prolong his show to the discomfiture of the Centre. He sought a decisive victory without elements of a compromise that would allow both sides to claim victory.

An official negotiator said the deadlines were repeatedly extended in the hope that Ramdev would bite the bullet and end his standoff with the government. While the jury is still out whether Sibal and tourism minister Subodh Kant Sahay should have spoken to the media even as Ramdev was speaking on Saturday evening, it certainly set the ball rolling for the police action.

The government was intent on holding Ramdev to his word that he would go by the promises offered to him on black money, the central theme of his fast. It left him with no room to maneuver as it simply did not want its already eroded authority to be mocked further by a maverick savant who harboured what it felt is a thinly disguised political agenda.

The open backing of the Opposition BJP-RSS combine and the possibility of the crowds at Ramlila Maidan rewriting any script the negotiators may want the Baba to adhere to are held out as important reasons that prodded the government to crack down. There was a risk that political interests would prevent any resolution and in fact fan the protest.

The massive poster campaign in support of Ramdev launched by BJP leaders as the Opposition looked to ride on the popular sentiment against corruption whipped up by civil society leaders firmed the government's resolve as it concluded that enough was enough.

Sources also said that as tensions mounted and the Baba's protest attracted controversial figures like Vishwa Hindu Parishad's Ashok Singhal and Babri Masjid hate orator Sadhvi Rithambara, there was a real risk of a security breach. "If someone set off a bomb, even a small one, the government would be in serious trouble," said the source.
    With Baba Ramdev digging in his heels, govt cracked the whip - The Times of India

6. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

Ramdev eviction shocking, draconian and undemocratic: Naveen Patnaik

BHUBANESWAR: Slamming the UPA government for forcibly evicting Baba Ramdev from Ramlila ground in New Delhi, Orissa chief minister Naveen Patnaik today said the action taken at the peaceful meeting was "shocking, draconian and undemocratic".

"The action taken last night at Ramdev's peaceful meeting was shocking and draconian," Patnaik told reporters.

"The central government has behaved in the most undemocratic manner at Ramdev's meeting which was peaceful," said the chief minister, who is also the president of the ruling BJD in Orissa.

Meanwhile, the eviction of Ramdev from the venue of his anti-corruption satyagraha in Delhi evoked widespread protest from across Orissa with BJP and other outfits staging demonstrations and road blockades at several places against the action.

While BJP announced a satyagraha against the action dubbing it as "brutal and undemocratic", activists of the saffron party's Yuva Morcha staged demonstration and blocked the road at Ram Mandir square here.

Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad also staged a demonstration near Master Canteen square in protest against the action against Ramdev.

Ramdev eviction shocking, draconian and undemocratic: Naveen Patnaik - The Times of India

1 person likes this.
  7. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

“It is reminiscent of Emergency era”

Leader of the Opposition in the Kerala Assembly V.S. Achuthanandan said here on Sunday that the police crackdown on Baba Ramdev and his supporters at the Ramlila grounds reminded one of the Emergency era.

Talking to journalists on the sidelines of a function got up for the release of the fifth edition of the book, Chorayum Kanneerum Nananja Vazhikal, written by his schoolmate and revolutionary leader K. Devayani, he said the action revealed the intolerance of the United Progressive Alliance government against criticism.

The former Chief Minister said though four Ministers in the Union cabinet tried to pacify Baba Ramdev, they could not give him any assurance on concrete steps against corruption.

The Hindu : News / National : “It is reminiscent of Emergency era”

8. Sid

Sid Captain SENIOR MEMBER

After sitting in my office till 1630 HRS, I decided to go to the Ramlila Maidan. I reached there at 1830HRS and after going trough routine check up and inspections I was finally in the pandaal at about 1900HRS. The atmosphere was electric with nationalism oozing out from everyone present there. I saw people people belonging to every part of our country.There were tamils, rajasthanis, marwaris, gujaratis, assamese, and many more. Surprised to see that so many people had voluntarily joined the cause of Baba Ramdev and came from every part of the nation paying fr their own expenses.

Most of them were very simple people, ordinary peasants, workers etc; They didn't come alone.They came with their respective families. Ladies, kids, and men all reached Delhi on the call of Swami Ramdev. I never got a chance to be a part of a mass agitation. 1975 happened much before I was borned and the only movement I participated in was the Youth for Equality movement during my University days. This was big, really big! This was a mass movement against the corrupt and failing UPA government. Armed with my digital camera, I started taking photos and the general public really obliged me. One difference between the Anna Hazare movement and that of Swami Ramdev's was that this movement contained mostly the general masses. Only the elite, the educated were the part of Anna Hazare's movement. This was different and much bigger. This movement contained the essence of Bharat, not India. I decided to spend that night there only.I just had a water bottle with me to quench my thirst as I was also sitting on a fast.

At about 0030 HRS, I woke up to see lots of policemen circled around the masses, and a lot of commotion on the stage. Eventually, it turned out that the Police has come and they are trying to arrest Baba. What happened after that was clearly documented by the media and there is no need to go in detail. But, yes, the masses were lathicharged. Sisters, children and men no one was spared. I took a beating too and my digicam was somewhere lost in the commotion. The police were specifically targetting the saffron robed saints as if clear instructions were given not to spare them at all.

Let me tell you one thing. The days of Congress are numbered now. This is the last nail in its coffin and Sonia Gandhi has to pay for this. The anger in the masses has multiplied manifold.

Death to Congress!

4 people like this.
  9. Sid

Sid Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Digvijay’s house attacked​

The bungalow of AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh was attacked here on Sunday night. The police have not registered any case till date.

Sources said around two dozen persons reached the Shyamla Hills bungalow of Singh and shouting slogans pelted stoned on the house. As soon as the security guard came forth challenging the miscreants, they fled away. Later, the guard informed the police.

In-charge SSP Yogesh Choudhary told The Pioneer that it was a minor incident. On receipt of information, a police team was sent there but nothing was found. If the guard wishes to lodge a complaint, an FIR would be registered, he added.

Since, Singh is away, there was nobody in the bungalow. The attack on his house is considered as an incident of retaliation, after Baba Ramdev’s satyagrah was forcibly ended in New Delhi and Singh had termed Baba as a thug.

Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesman JP Dhanopia has alleged that the attack at Digvijay Singh’s house was pre-planned by RSS and BJP.

The Pioneer :: Home : >> Digvijay

10. Star Wars

Star Wars Captain SENIOR MEMBER

How is my dear congress Fascist govt. doing today this morning ?

COngress is paranoid and not thinking straight at all, anyone with a straight mind would have not done something as foolish as this....

11. Paash

Paash Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

RoYaN and associates only

12. Paash

Well said, I hope they will learn and do not put there arguments also without going through properly in all posts

13. Paash

Wrongly taken, I think it is on others, cool

14. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Wait a min P.m responsible for law and order actions as it pertains NCR but C.M under whom Law and order as a state subject comes is not responsible for inaction?
    Just exposing The Hypocrisy people not derailing!!

15. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

So stopping a situation from being a Law and order problem is wrong?? Since when mate??

He was gunning for me and my18.06 post per day count!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.